By the way OP, what's the manufacture date of your unit?
    October 25, 2015 (251015)

There's also a deal now where if you order a Classic, you also get a charging pod and a leather sleeve free.
    Grr I hate when you JUST buy something and then they lower the price or throw in free things. Those items are like $85 together....
    12-16-15 12:21 AM
    October 25, 2015 (251015)

Grr I hate when you JUST buy something and then they lower the price or throw in free things. Those items are like $85 together....
    Since you're in Sherwood Park, we could potentially meet up and I can sell you my leather pocket for like $10, as I actually have one already.

And nice to know that the unit you got was a recently made one. How's the build quality on it?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 12:45 AM
    Since you're in Sherwood Park, we could potentially meet up and I can sell you my leather pocket for like $10, as I actually have one already.
    Nice offer - but I would probably only use it until Monday. I ordered an Otterbox Defender case - it will be here on Monday. I still have the original plastic protection sheets on the phone for now. My plan is to slip it into the defender case and never take it out

And nice to know that the unit you got was a recently made one. How's the build quality on it?
    Build Quality? I haven't used another blackberry in which I can compare it to - but coming from my Google Nexus 4 - it blew me away.. its heavy .. but I like the heaviness - it takes away that "toy" feeling and gives it a real tangible feel.
    12-16-15 01:20 AM
    By the way OP, what's the manufacture date of your unit?

There's also a deal now where if you order a Classic, you also get a charging pod and a leather sleeve free.

Posted via CB10
    What is this "charging pod" nonsense you speak of? Are we in 2005? *puts Classic on wireless charging stand*

:-P

Yah, I wish they would have put that feature in all of them instead of just the AT&T version, but I have AT&T so it works out for me. I love it. My usb port still feels brand new unlike my other devices where they are already getting loose...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-16-15 09:13 AM
    What is this "charging pod" nonsense you speak of? Are we in 2005? *puts Classic on wireless charging stand*

:-P

Yah, I wish they would have put that feature in all of them instead of just the AT&T version, but I have AT&T so it works out for me. I love it. My usb port still feels brand new unlike my other devices where they are already getting loose...

Verizon also Looking into getting a charging stand for my Classic. Which one are you using?

I'm using the Qi charging pod for my Nexus 7 tablet. For some reason, my Classic doesn't charge up all the way on the Qi so I only use it if I need a quick top-off charge.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 01:14 PM
    Verizon also Looking into getting a charging stand for my Classic. Which one are you using?

I'm using the Qi charging pod for my Nexus 7 tablet. For some reason, my Classic doesn't charge up all the way on the Qi so I only use it if I need a quick top-off charge.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using the Itian Qi charger and it goes to 100% fine for me. :-)

12-16-15 07:53 PM
    I found Qi charging a pain. The phone had to positioned "just right" before you'd hear the chime and it would charge. Of course - that could have just been Google's crap charger.
    12-16-15 09:51 PM
    October 25, 2015 (251015).
    Huh? BlackBerry is still manufacturing BB10s? I thought they were just getting rid of old stock?
    12-17-15 12:13 AM
    I found Qi charging a pain. The phone had to positioned "just right" before you'd hear the chime and it would charge. Of course - that could have just been Google's crap charger.
    The cheapy Itian charger I use doesn't need to be exact. I just sit it on the ledge and let it flap back and it charges every time.

The only thing that really sucked about it was the power cord it came with. Completely useless. I bought a Playbook charger to use as the power cord and it works like a charm.

12-17-15 12:25 AM
    Huh? BlackBerry is still manufacturing BB10s? I thought they were just getting rid of old stock?
    BB10 isn't going away is it? I see all the buzz about the PRIV and Android - but I thought they were just diversifying.
    12-17-15 02:17 AM
    Hi there. first of all, congratulations on your new Classic. I just wanna ask how do you know the manufacture date? sorry for the noob question.

btw. do you mind putting up picture of your Classic here?
    12-17-15 03:05 AM
    BB10 isn't going away is it? I see all the buzz about the PRIV and Android - but I thought they were just diversifying.
    Not anytime soon, but in two years who knows? Some are of the opinion that this whole "BB10 is still alive" thing is only a ruse to keep enterprise users in the dark and to also help sell off remaining BB10 stock. I don't buy it myself, especially considering that new Built for BlackBerry apps built with Cordova have been popping up in BlackBerry World over the last two weeks or so, the Beta Zone still receives new betas despite being "dead", Inside BlackBerry blog and BlackBerry Developer blog still showcase and highlight BB10, and a few others.

So, I think you will enjoy your Classic for some time to come
    acovey likes this.
    12-17-15 09:01 AM
    DWard29, any flaws with your Classic that you can see?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 10:35 PM
    The Classic actually only took two days to arrive at my doorstep!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 08:18 AM
    I have had my FM radio disabled, I presume, by the update to 2836 which I never enabled. It has occurred on more than one phone, and I SUSPECT that atnt did it to my Q10 while I was calling them on the Q10 about the Classic, as I found my button to allow automatic updates had been slid to 'on' and I keep it off and check frequently that it's still off. (Oh, how I despise my carrier!)

Radio still works on Q10 and I believe when I have to power it down it wont work anymore when it restarts. I feel so violated that it happened to my beautiful, blue, booming-speaker Classic. (And on my Z10 but that didn't have a radio anyway.)

How can updates get forced like this? All my BB10s have 'the Nag' coming at me to accept 2836, which will kill my FM radios.

This seemed like a good place to post the question, hope that's ok. I lost my mind yesterday and ordered a white Classic since they have suddenly become very scarce on The Internets! (and over-priced!)

Must have the white one tooo, and must Not Let Them Destroy My Radio!!!
    07-23-16 10:11 AM
    What an awful story. Good grief! I'd go nuts without the radio on my Classic. Use it all the time.

Why the frak would AT&T do that? What possible benefit is it to them? Angering and alienating a customer? How brilliant.

I'm wondering now. Got mine unlocked at Staples. My carrier can't do that to me can they?

Better not /: |

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2876

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 11:17 PM
66 123