Hello all,

So long story short I have been messing around with my Classic as I am trying to compare various features of my Bold 9000 and 9900 feature wise for nostalgia purposes.

In any event previously I had my notifications such as emails, BBM's, text etc show up on my lock screen. It wasn't the feature that gave additional info such as the message etc. It was strictly the symbol of the notification such as BBM and the amount of messages I had.

I played around in the settings but now I can't seem to get that feature back no matter what I tried.

Any thoughts? I like the ability to just touch the top bottom and see what I have instead of waking up the device.

Thanks for your help on such a rookie error here

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 02:30 PM
    Settings�security and privacy�lock screen

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 02:35 PM
    Thanks!

I tried playing with the settings but it doesn't appear to be working.

So the first picture is my lock screen and usually I had the notification icon on the left.

The next 2 pictures are the lock screen options but I have fiddled with them but none appear to bring them back.

Any thoughts? Once again sorry about this.
    Attachment 402207
    Attachment 402208
    Attachment 402209
    06-16-16 03:18 PM
    I like the ability to just touch the top button and see what I have instead of waking up the device.

Posted via CB10
    If you like that feature, you can also turn on the screen by pushing any of the numbered buttons on the keyboard. Sometimes I find that easier than hitting the top button.

On to your question about your notification icons...
    If you have unread messages, the icons on the lock screen should never disappear. If they are missing, it's a software glitch, rather than a setting. The settings only alter their interactivity.
    So! If you wish to test if the icons are working, you can enter the HUB and long press a text or email, then select 'mark unread'. Each unread message will result in a new tally on the lock screen.

If marking messages 'unread' doesn't help, then it's time to reset things and let the software fix itself.
    Start by refreshing the HUB. Refresh it by opening the right side menu, and click refresh, near the bottom of the list.

If that didn't help, then try restarting the hub.
    To restart the hub you must open the hub and perform 5 diagonal swipes that start in the top right corner, and swipe towards the centre of the screen.
    If done correctly, the screen will momentarily go blank, and then you will see an image about restarting the hub.

If that didn't help, then try resetting the phone.
    To restart the phone, push and hold both the volume up and the volume down buttons simultaneously. Ignore the pop-up about the screenshot, and continue to hold the two buttons for ~20 seconds. After you have held them long enough, the screen will go black. The phone will reset upon release of the buttons. Leave the phone sit for 5-10 mins while everything loads.
    I believe this type of reset mocks a battery pull, since the battery on our Classics is hard wired in.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 10:37 PM
    If you like that feature, you can also turn on the screen by pushing any of the numbered buttons on the keyboard. Sometimes I find that easier than hitting the top button.

On to your question about your notification icons...
    If you have unread messages, the icons on the lock screen should never disappear. If they are missing, it's a software glitch, rather than a setting. The settings only alter their interactivity.
    So! If you wish to test if the icons are working, you can enter the HUB and long press a text or email, then select 'mark unread'. Each unread message will result in a new tally on the lock screen.

If marking messages 'unread' doesn't help, then it's time to reset things and let the software fix itself.
    Start by refreshing the HUB. Refresh it by opening the right side menu, and click refresh, near the bottom of the list.

If that didn't help, then try restarting the hub.
    To restart the hub you must open the hub and perform 5 diagonal swipes that start in the top right corner, and swipe towards the centre of the screen.
    If done correctly, the screen will momentarily go blank, and then you will see an image about restarting the hub.

If that didn't help, then try resetting the phone.
    To restart the phone, push and hold both the volume up and the volume down buttons simultaneously. Ignore the pop-up about the screenshot, and continue to hold the two buttons for ~20 seconds. After you have held them long enough, the screen will go black. The phone will reset upon release of the buttons. Leave the phone sit for 5-10 mins while everything loads.
    I believe this type of reset mocks a battery pull, since the battery on our Classics is hard wired in.

Posted via CB10

Thanks for all your suggestion and help. I did a full back up and reinstall and it seems to have corrected the problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 12:51 AM
    Glad you got it sorted out

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 08:07 AM