Just picked up my new Classic a couple days ago. After using a curve for the past two years this is amazing.

That being said it was kind of annoying when the calendar app came preloaded with all the US holidays when I purchased the phone in Canada. Figured out how to disable those pesky US holidays, but they still show up on the events reminder on the lock screen. My calendar is empty right now, I haven't transfered everything over yet, so my lock screen events reminder is now telling me that presidents day is coming up; which I couldn't care less about. How do I remove these reminders? I've already disabled the us holidays part of the calendar so I have no idea why they're still showing up.
    Thanks for any insight.
    AM Campbell

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 07:35 PM
    It sounds like they are stored in the Local Calendar. Try this. Go to Settings > Accounts, and tap the overflow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right). Tap "Clear Local Calendar".
    02-14-15 08:10 PM
    What I woke love to know is how to stop my events from showing on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:39 PM
    What I woke love to know is how to stop my events from showing on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    In security and privacy, lock screen then lock screen notifications.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 06:40 AM
    In security and privacy, lock screen then lock screen notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. But that just disables notifications. Events are still displayed.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:32 AM
    It sounds like they are stored in the Local Calendar. Try this. Go to Settings > Accounts, and tap the overflow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right). Tap "Clear Local Calendar".
    Thanks for the tip, will give it a whirl.

Posted from my Classic
    02-16-15 05:36 PM
    Is it possible you are syncing your Calendar from a cloud source like Google or Outlook? Some of them come preloaded with (local) holiday calendars.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 06:50 PM
    Is it possible you are syncing your Calendar from a cloud source like Google or Outlook? Some of them come preloaded with (local) holiday calendars.

Posted via CB10
    Not syncing with anything. Classic calendar came preloaded with US holidays, odd considering I purchased it in Canada.

Posted from my Classic
    02-17-15 01:07 PM
    So, has anyone figured out how to stop calendar events from showing on the home screen?

 CB10 via Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2243 
    02-21-15 11:16 AM