What is your opinion on location services? Some people believe that turning them off will save a lot of battery. Some people believe that battery drain only occurs when an app is actively using location services.

When I had iphones I never turned location services off and got great battery life.

So what is your opinion?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 04:58 AM
    I turn off Traffic Data Collection and location based ads, and also turn off the Send Diagnostics.

I've never turned location services off totally, because I do randomly use BlackBerry Maps and it's annoying to have to go in and turn on the service when I need to.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 05:09 AM
    I keep all location services off until needed. A quick swipe down and click (quick settings) has me navigating quickly when traveling. I'm not sure if it saves battery power or not, but I have always been very particular about what permissions I give my BlackBerry and /or apps.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    05-18-15 05:49 AM
    My main concern is battery. I know quick setting is pretty convenient but it's annoying when wanting to check weather or local movies.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 06:24 AM
    My main concern is battery. I know quick setting is pretty convenient but it's annoying when wanting to check weather or local movies.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose that it would be nice to have the ability to give an app permission to start location services when opening an app and then shutting it off when closing. But if we never get that, it takes me literally one second to start location and one extra second to turn it off. Not a big deal for me, but it can definitely see how it might be annoying to others.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    05-18-15 06:37 AM
    Agree with the above. It really takes very little time to toggle location services on and off in quick settings.
    However I leave mine on for BlackBerry Protect.
    I have never come across any information regarding how much battery it would save.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 06:57 AM
    I imagine that I noticed less battery drain when not having it on....but did not make a validation test.

Have to agree with posts above: switching it on when needed is very fast.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:10 PM