Has anyone tried installing and older version of blackberry OS on the classic? It would be sick if I could get OS6 on there. Hopefully OS6 can use the hardware.

I'm on a bold right now and dont need all these silly loading transitions, menus that take up so much room and everything on my phone. It's meant to be simple for a reason. Totally against all these new UIs companies have been putting forward, like seriously. Where's the compactness. We're going compact in technology but going the opposite direction in software.

In other, the battery still in physically removable if I take apart the entire phone right?
    Vintage123 likes this.
    01-03-15 01:53 PM
    You can't load older BBOS versions, since none were made for BB10 phones. You can't even load a full OS <10.3.1 on the Classic.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-03-15 01:58 PM
    Hey Ranio, I take it that this mean we can't even load 10.3.0.xxxx if we want. Is this correct? Oh, thanks for your help with which phone would work on Tmobile. I bought the Amazon thanks to you and you were right that is was the SQC100-4. It works great on Tmobile and the phone is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:11 PM
    Hey Ranio, I take it that this mean we can't even load 10.3.0.xxxx if we want. Is this correct?
    Correct. You won't be able to load a full 10.3.0 OS on the Classic. You may be able to inject a few BAR files here or there, but not the full OS. The hybrid OS/leaks people will know more.

Oh, thanks for your help with which phone would work on Tmobile. I bought the Amazon thanks to you and you were right that is was the SQC100-4. It works great on Tmobile and the phone is awesome.
    Great! Glad to hear it worked out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-03-15 02:18 PM
    Alright Alright... just going to have to get used to it I guess then. Goodbye compact bold you lived long enough matey. -sniff-
    Even though your browser hardly let me open more than 1 tab and crashed on most heavy script websites. you were the best I ever had!

Anything about the battery? has anyone posted a vid of taking the whole phone apart yet? I've only found one where they take off the back cover hehe. Curious how use serviceable it is. Replaced the lcd in this bold once.
    01-03-15 02:25 PM
    Alright RIM what happens when I accidentally go swimming with my phone again? Well I can't take out the battery quick, no that's not possible. My phone is then left for dead!
    01-03-15 02:57 PM
    This guy for real?

Mmm, don't think so.

 Z10
    01-03-15 06:30 PM
    This guy for real?

Mmm, don't think so.

 Z10
    Are you serious? I've saved my phone countless times by pulling the battery. Also sometimes it'd freeze so bad that it wouldnt even take keyboard input so I had to do a hard pull.
    01-03-15 10:55 PM
    Yeah. BBO7 could run half a week on this battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:22 PM
    Alright RIM what happens when I accidentally go swimming with my phone again? Well I can't take out the battery quick, no that's not possible. My phone is then left for dead!
    That's rediculous!!!.!? Wtf? Who goies swimming with their phones!?!?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    you guys are ridiculous, because there are moments when you go into water in your pants, forgetting you have your phone in them.
    (on vaca)
    01-04-15 08:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Read between the lines lol

On the other hand water damage is very common, my mother in law damaged her's only a few days ago
    01-04-15 09:14 AM