Hey all, I started the other day to expand my app library as I was able to get COLBALT's Google Play app on my phone. (Thanks Colbalt btw).

Now I was a user of the Amazon App store, and still am (when I can find the app there), but have also started downloading (and patching) apps from the Google Play store. I know not all apps from the Goggle store will work, and I get that, but is there any way to speed up the apps that do work?

Some apps take 1-2 minutes to load up and then lag some more.

When my older PC starts to lag, a run of CC Cleaner seems to help, is there something like this for the BlackBerry 10 OS?

Thanks,

G.
    07-28-15 08:32 AM
    Obviously not what you had in mind but remove all Android apps and stop using them. There you have it - a nice clean fluid OS.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-28-15 08:48 AM
    Ccleaner for Android is available - you should be able to find it on Amazon App store (I got it via Snap) .

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    07-28-15 08:53 AM
    it may make things worse. The apps generate cache information to help it load faster, which something like CCleaner would purge, forcing the app to take the time to create the cache again.
    07-28-15 08:54 AM
    I was surprised to see the title, since BBOS 10 is the most reliable OS that I have used till date.
    I certainly believe the lag that you are facing is not of OS, and it is of Android runtime environment.

There's not much help other than updating the OS if you are already on the latest leak or something, then hope the next OS leak/update solves the issue.
    07-28-15 08:57 AM
    Cleaners won't help. You'd better delete all the unused apps to make your system faster. You could also use VPN to make you safe when in web.
    07-28-15 09:18 AM
    You need a better processor than the Classic to run alot of Android apps via the runtime. Nothing you can do except hope that the runtime improves in 10.4
    07-28-15 09:33 AM
    I was surprised to see the title, since BBOS 10 is the most reliable OS that I have used till date.
    I certainly believe the lag that you are facing is not of OS, and it is of Android runtime environment.

There's not much help other than updating the OS if you are already on the latest leak or something, then hope the next OS leak/update solves the issue.
    Agreed, not a knock to the OS. Just looking for any way to speed up the Android runtime. (if even possible)

Thanks
    07-28-15 09:36 AM
    Not trying to be annoying but,i never use a BlackBerry for non BlackBerry apps.

Posted via my BlackBerryElite
    07-28-15 11:48 AM
    Not trying to be annoying but,i never use a BlackBerry for non BlackBerry apps.

Posted via my BlackBerryElite
    My collection of daily Amazon freebies says otherwise.
    07-29-15 12:28 AM
    Download an app called Clean Master via snap, it cleans junk from android apps but also boosts your phone somehow. Not exactly what you are looking for but its free and may help

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-29-15 12:59 AM