I'm a nice fellow...

But it's nice to see that someone left the herd phone, to buy an BlackBerry

Posted via my awesome Classic
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    05-16-15 10:38 AM
    Just a note, I wouldn't use the fast charging unless you NEED to. Meaning if you're setting your phone to charge overnight, use the normal charging. The fast charging is a nice feature but could be bad for your battery in the long run...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    What? Never heard that one before. There's circuitry in the phone to prevent the battery from being harmed. This has been tested before the launch of the phone. My note 4 is plugged in almost all the time and for months there hasn't been any harm to the battery. The battery on my s6 isn't the best to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    carter17 likes this.
    05-16-15 11:17 AM
    Google maps drained your battery in 30 mins? I call BS.

Actually this happened to one of my coworkers. In a few of the Android builds they had a bug that caused google maps to burn an incredible amount of battery life. People were trying for weeks to get Google to fix it and some solutions were suggested to them. It really killed his oneplusone.

I think they finally patched it last week, he was pretty excited, but it wasn't a proper patch.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    05-16-15 12:59 PM
    I never said I used a classic, I used a passport. Unfortunately the battery died quickly and I've read on CB threads it's happened to many others. Guess you missed that statement or maybe your just speculating. I have a S6 edge, I don't utilize all the social media apps/games. I utilize it interchangeably with my PC via remote, Google voice, etc.. for work.. I personally haven't ran into the battery issue as I'm able to get over a day of use on it. The quick charging makes it nice in the event I end up needing it in the future. The main issue I had with the q10 was the lag when searching through tons of emails/docs. Since the classic and q10 run the same hardware I'm sure it hasnt changed dependent on your workload. The only thing I miss about BB is the hub.. I definately don't miss BB maps.. Sure you can agree since you side loaded Google maps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I didn't misread anything, the Passport has better battery life than the Classic. So how could a phone with better battery life drain faster than doing the same function with the Classic?

05-16-15 04:37 PM
    What? Never heard that one before. There's circuitry in the phone to prevent the battery from being harmed. This has been tested before the launch of the phone. My note 4 is plugged in almost all the time and for months there hasn't been any harm to the battery. The battery on my s6 isn't the best to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, it's not that it "harms" the battery. I'm not saying it will explode. It affects the longevity. Don't think there was anything in any of my statements that says otherwise, so... Think whatever you wish. :-)

05-16-15 04:41 PM
    Actually this happened to one of my coworkers. In a few of the Android builds they had a bug that caused google maps to burn an incredible amount of battery life. People were trying for weeks to get Google to fix it and some solutions were suggested to them. It really killed his oneplusone.

I think they finally patched it last week, he was pretty excited, but it wasn't a proper patch.

So it wasn't anything to do with the Passport and all to do with the app... I was calling BS to his statement that it will drain the battery in the Passport in 30 minutes but not on an Android. What you're talking about it seems that it would have done it on any device.

05-16-15 04:42 PM
    I never said anything about BB. I just don't think the galaxy line is very good. I need better battery life as well. I currently use a Nexus 6 and Q 5.

How is battery life on the Nexus 6?

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-16-15 06:55 PM
    How is battery life on the Nexus 6?

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    I'm surprised at how good it is. But I'm coming from some really bad battery devices...the nexus 5 and z10. I have seen people coming from the Note 4 say its as good or better on AC. I always have chargers around me but when I don't I've never had issues getting through a full day with plenty left.

I would add my Q5 does pretty well too.

Last edited by grover5; 05-16-15 at 08:19 PM.
    05-16-15 07:59 PM
    I won't retire my Q10 until Classic 2 is released with wireless charge.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 08:10 PM
    So it wasn't anything to do with the Passport and all to do with the app... I was calling BS to his statement that it will drain the battery in the Passport in 30 minutes but not on an Android. What you're talking about it seems that it would have done it on any device.

Lol I'm not the only one on this thread who mentioned battery drain when loading an app not designed for BB. There were times when it didn't drain the battery, however when Google updates the app it acts differently on the BB due to software incompatibility. If you disagree and think Android apps are also specifically designed for BB then your an ignorant tool. There are lots of people who experienced the same issue. The passport and classic are not the same from both a hardware and OS perspective

05-16-15 09:33 PM
    I had a Note Edge on Sprint and while the phone was great at the start, it started to randomly reboot itself and was super laggy and prone to freezing. Sprint replaced it and the replacement did the same thing. Craptastic phone coupled with Sprints horrible customer service drove me over to ATT where I picked up a Passport and couldn't be happier!

The passport is the phone for ME and works better than any of my previous android phones did. Sooooo glad that I made the switch back to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:18 PM
    I had a Note Edge on Sprint and while the phone was great at the start, it started to randomly reboot itself and was super laggy and prone to freezing. Sprint replaced it and the replacement did the same thing. Craptastic phone coupled with Sprints horrible customer service drove me over to ATT where I picked up a Passport and couldn't be happier!

The passport is the phone for ME and works better than any of my previous android phones did. Sooooo glad that I made the switch back to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately I bought the passport before ATT released their version.. I've been contemplating going back, but I'm really digging the S6 edge atm

05-17-15 12:57 AM
    Lol.... OP just mentioned that he made the switch from Android to BlackBerry, probably hoping to get some positive feedback... and look where this discussion is going... to nowhere...

05-17-15 02:38 AM
    Passport is better than galaxy s6.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:11 AM
    ... What you're talking about it seems that it would have done it on any device.

My understanding is your absolutely correct - plus it's a known drain for 'droid phones - I haven't seen it on my passport

05-17-15 09:35 AM
    Lol.... OP just mentioned that he made the switch from Android to BlackBerry, probably hoping to get some positive feedback... and look where this discussion is going... to nowhere...

C'mon, by how CB posts go, this is positive feedback . I kid, but I see what you mean.

05-17-15 09:36 AM
    I took a new job and they force you to have an employee owned phone. They offer a phone reimbursement of 76 a month, but require the use of Windows, Apple, or Android.
    My company is attempting the same thing... I am sticking to my guns and telling them: If you require me to have a phone, you will provide it, I need a computer to work, and you provide that, whats the difference? You want me to supply my own pens and notebooks too?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 11:49 AM
    Closed for review and cooling off.
    05-17-15 07:02 PM
    Anyone else move from a high end android to BlackBerry?
    [WARN]This is the topic of the thread! Stick to it -- please.

And skip the bickering, personal comments and off-topic stuff. I've deleted a number of such comments (and where they were quoted). No infractions have been issued so far, but that can change if there is more squabbling.[/WARN]
    05-17-15 07:23 PM
69 123