I just got a classic after having the s6 for a week or so. I really wanted a physical keyboard. So far the only thing I miss is a handful of apps. But the core communication functionality is awesome.

Anyone else move from a high end android to BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:37 AM
    No.. actually I'm typing on my S6 Edge right now! I always have urges to go out and buy another passport, but using snap for android apps doesn't really satisfy me. The apps don't run nearly as smooth, (Beatport, Soundcloud, Groupon, Google Maps) are the only ones I use! I would constantly keep an eye out for new 3rd party apps and such, but I just grew tired of it especially since they are only updated 1 or 2 times per year. I feel like I can use my S6 just as much as a communication device as the passport since I have it rooted and all bloatware removed. Things lightening fast, battery life for me is great now and it has super fast charging. Other great features I use are Hangouts, Google Voice, and remote abilities to get work done both on my PC and via cell

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-14-15 09:14 AM
    I've been debating the opposite. Moving from a passport to a windows lumia (nothing windows phone is high powered atm)

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    05-14-15 09:20 AM
    No.. actually I'm typing on my S6 Edge right now! I always have urges to go out and buy another passport, but using snap for android apps doesn't really satisfy me. The apps don't run nearly as smooth, (Beatport, Soundcloud, Groupon, Google Maps) are the only ones I use! I would constantly keep an eye out for new 3rd party apps and such, but I just grew tired of it especially since they are only updated 1 or 2 times per year. I feel like I can use my S6 just as much as a communication device as the passport since I have it rooted and all bloatware removed. Things lightening fast, battery life for me is great now and it has super fast charging. Other great features I use are Hangouts, Google Voice, and remote abilities to get work done both on my PC and via cell

The s6 looks amazing

Posted via CB10
    wehttam likes this.
    05-14-15 09:21 AM
    Yeah, I can stare at the screen all day because its so clear and beautiful!

05-14-15 09:26 AM

Just a note, I wouldn't use the fast charging unless you NEED to. Meaning if you're setting your phone to charge overnight, use the normal charging. The fast charging is a nice feature but could be bad for your battery in the long run...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-14-15 09:51 AM
    I've been debating the opposite. Moving from a passport to a windows lumia (nothing windows phone is high powered atm)

Dude, move to an iphone, move to an Android, do not move to ANY Windows Phone... I love MS as a company, but I've tried every platform and WP is the only one I find myself looking at the phone wondering "why did they put this icon there?" "why did they arrange these icons this way in this app (core phone apps)" or "why can't you just [action] to get [result]???" as I'm using the phone. Things that seem intuitive on other phones such as switching between call details and the dialer while on a call being like tabs of "pages" on all other phones, are randomly placed icons on WP. Or how every icon is a big square icon easy to touch, things like the voicemail icon and some others are these tiny little non-touchscreen-friendly icons within other apps, how there's this annoying search button that you can't deactivate and is just far too easy to accidentally touch, or how when you're getting an incoming call, answering it is a 2-step process where you need to unlock the screen manually first, then answer the call, etc. etc. I know it's my opinion, but I feel that other than the customizable homescreen, there are so many things about the OS that just isn't intuitive. But maybe they might have changed some things since then. It was WP 8.1 when I last used one.

KermEd likes this.
    05-14-15 10:00 AM
    I'm stuck doing the opposite, after having my Classic for a couple months, I'm forced to get something else. I'm mainly looking at a Note 4 for longevity, since my Note 3 was built solid and it showed no hiccups after 1.75 years of use. I took a new job and they force you to have an employee owned phone. They offer a phone reimbursement of 76 a month, but require the use of Windows, Apple, or Android. My past Note 3 was a bit big and bulky, but I felt it was essentially future proof because the specs are so far ahead of what most app developers require.

Any recommendations on a phablet, so I still have accurate typing is appreciated. I used the stylus from time to time, but it was bit gimmicky, heard it's a bit better now, though.

EDIT: I did consider having 2 phones, but I'm on call 24/7 so I don't think that it is practical to carry 2 phones all the time, so I'm going to consolidate and only deal with one phone.
    05-14-15 10:01 AM

I got a 1020 last year to accompany my Q10, however I popped my main SIM back after half a year, because mail handling and few other stuff was horrible in certain situations on Windows Phone. For casual use without much attachment needs, it is fine though. The OS itself is also pretty good, although MS keeps taking away the things which made the UI unique.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:02 AM
    Yep. I have been rocking an S5 for about a month now and the only things I miss are the Hub and the fact that there is no button on the Z30. Gesture based OS's are the way to go for me. Having said that, I put up with a lot more shortcomings on my Z30 than I have with my S5. I almost could never get a decent picture on my Z30, but the S5 just eats the BlackBerry in the camera department. Every app I want or need is available for my phone and it works - much better than it did on my Z10 or my Z30. There is no "better Android than Android" experience on the BlackBerry. I love my BlackBerry but it was starting to feel like a part time job to get it to do the things I wanted it to. YMMV!
    05-14-15 10:09 AM
    I love MS as a company,
    Sorry, I snorted my coffee on that one. I have to admit to some bias against them, paying attention to their behavior. And working there for several years.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-14-15 10:16 AM
    Well damn

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:31 AM
    Sorry, I snorted my coffee on that one. I have to admit to some bias against them, paying attention to their behavior. And working there for several years.
    Well, their OS's (I skip the "bad ones") have served me well, and their hardware has also been very reliable. Not to mention when Apple was in trouble Bill Gates was the one who stepped in to help them... I don't have your experiences with them so...

05-14-15 10:53 AM
    I too just recently left my passport for a S6 Edge. I love it. Like you said I communicate just as well as I did with my passport. It's very fluid and very fast. Feels great to hold in my hand too.
    wehttam likes this.
    05-14-15 11:28 AM
    So far I tested the S6 series and I much say it bad. it's great to see ,just like the iPhone.

We also get not happy customers, rotation problems and software that is laging Also people not happy with the screen because white ,doesn't look like white, some colors looking the have some filter, you can see some point in the screen with direct sun light. The Battery is also worser than on the Samsung S5 and NO SD-micro slot.

Trust me to say that the Samsung has more Software on board thant the BlackBerry Z30 but it seems that the Z30 is the better Phone.
    doublehighc likes this.
    05-14-15 11:36 AM
    Well obviously s6 hardware is much better than passport but I just like bb10 os better than android 5.0.
    If android had qwerty keyboard with hub, I may try one.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 01:00 PM
    Very happy with my S6 edge so far, but I will admit that I miss the keyboard (especially flick typing and more accurate predictions/corrections) as well as the hub from my now departed Z10.
    05-14-15 01:30 PM
    I tried different phones, platforms, but nothing for me is even close to BB10 (beside apps)...Just hub itself will keep me forever around, whatever forever lasts..
    05-14-15 01:32 PM
    That is one worry of mine. Blackberry offerings are dwindling.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 02:02 PM
    The S6 is not perfect by any means, but once the 5.5.1 lollipop update arrives next month that will fix the memory issue impacting many S6 phones at the moment. As for lag, since I've rooted my S6 edge and deleted bloatware there is no lag at all, in fact I constantly have 1.2g of free ram at all times. The blackberry hub is ultimately what I miss most about my passport, but I hated the lack of software/app updates the blackberry OS receives. Another funny note, my crackberry app on my S6 edge runs better than it did on my passport lol.

05-14-15 02:51 PM
    The S6 is not perfect by any means, but once the 5.5.1 lollipop update arrives next month that will fix the memory issue impacting many S6 phones at the moment. As for lag, since I've rooted my S6 edge and deleted bloatware there is no lag at all, in fact I constantly have 1.2g of free ram at all times. The blackberry hub is ultimately what I miss most about my passport, but I hated the lack of software/app updates the blackberry OS receives. Another funny note, my crackberry app on my S6 edge runs better than it did on my passport lol.

Yah, if you rely on apps only found on Android, might as well stick with Android. Me personally I don't really depend on many apps at all. I use my phone mainly for communication and to look things up. And I like the core phone functions of BB10 more than any others, and I've tried them all. Just personal preference. If BB stops making keyboard phones or stops making hardware and focuses on software, I might look at Android. Not too pleased that they allow the NSA to install "security patches" on their OS's though. Not saying the NSA will have any trouble getting into my phone, I know they can, I just prefer that they at least work for it and not have everything handed to them, lol. Oh well. Still, better Android than iOS, and better anything except WP...

BGRS, davisgq and Jrox74 like this.
    05-14-15 03:01 PM
    Haha I couldn't agree more! I honestly think BB is leaning more towards a licensing/software company for future revenue. I read an article not to long ago that they may make the BB hub cross platform like they did BBM. It would be nice if BB and Android do a licensing deal which bring the hub to android and google services to BB. Let the user decide to buy a touch screen or qwerty keyboard device

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe and phuoc like this.
    05-14-15 03:08 PM
    It would be nice if BB and Android do a licensing deal which bring the hub to android and google services to BB.

Left galaxy s6 for the classic-no-.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-14-15 04:34 PM
    For Android apps, I use my Nexus 7 tablet, which is my first foray into Android. What I use my Classic for is mainly what others have stated: the physical keyboard, the Hub, and just communication as a whole. Cranking out emails and texts like nobody's business. Haha. But I digress. What was the original question? "High-end" Android to Blackberry? For me, nope. Had a Blackberry for quite a while and dealt with its previous flaws because it still got what it needed to get done and that is to communicate.
    joekiser likes this.
    05-14-15 07:46 PM
    I got a 1020 last year to accompany my Q10, however I popped my main SIM back after half a year, because mail handling and few other stuff was horrible in certain situations on Windows Phone. For casual use without much attachment needs, it is fine though. The OS itself is also pretty good, although MS keeps taking away the things which made the UI unique.

Posted via CB10
    I was looking at the 1020 it seems to be the best balance on WP at the moment

05-15-15 12:50 AM
69 123