Q10 has smaller battery but AMOLED screen -- Classic has larger battery but LCD screen.

Is the Classic actually expected to have longer battery life than Q10?
    12-06-14 11:35 AM
    I think it should have a longer battery life.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:55 AM
    Classic will definatly last longer. The Q10's AMOLED screen is not going to save you 415mAh on each charge. It's going to maybe squeeze out 75mAh

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    12-06-14 12:24 PM
    I can't wait to get my classic. I never liked the Q10 screen, and look forward to lcd again. Hopefully it has the same keyboard tactile feel as the 9900 and I'm set!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 03:12 PM
    I can't wait to get my classic. I never liked the Q10 screen, and look forward to lcd again. Hopefully it has the same keyboard tactile feel as the 9900 and I'm set!

Posted via CB10
    I can't wait either.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 04:07 PM
    The Q10 screen had a pentile subpixel arrangement that gave me nausea (besides giving zippered edges to straight lines). It also couldn't dim down very low.

The Passport is infinitely better. Though the iPhone 6 is the best, imo.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 04:19 PM
    All screens are fine.

Biggest and only issue IMO is that all screens don't go bright enough in the sunlight nor dim enough in total darkness. That's what needs to improve on screens.
    BEEBEEBEEBEE likes this.
    12-08-14 08:49 AM
    All screens are fine.

Biggest and only issue IMO is that all screens don't go bright enough in the sunlight nor dim enough in total darkness. That's what needs to improve on screens.
    Not all screens are fine, but I do agree that brightness range leaves something to be desired. The Passport gets plenty bright for me, but not nearly dim enough (how does only Apple get this right?).

I'd prefer an E-ink screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 10:04 AM
    LCD is mostly better.

Better brightness, accurate colors, no burn in. Also, LCD screens aren't a huge battery drain, they can achieve very good battery results.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 11:36 AM
    I was so pumped when I got my Passport and the first time I went outside I could see my screen again. I had the Note 3 before and every time I went outside I would be squinting, huddled over and trying to find that perfect angle to barely be able to see my screen.
    I am glad that BlackBerry is going with LCD.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    12-08-14 03:12 PM
    The dimness can be controlled by software. When i run the Playepub Book Reader, I can dim the screen to a quality ambience for reading. In other words, it can dim further more then the Passport lowest settings.

Not all screens are fine, but I do agree that brightness range leaves something to be desired. The Passport gets plenty bright for me, but not nearly dim enough (how does only Apple get this right?).

I'd prefer an E-ink screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:47 AM
    The dimness can be controlled by software. When i run the Playepub Book Reader, I can dim the screen to a quality ambience for reading. In other words, it can dim further more then the Passport lowest settings.
    I wonder why the BB default low adjustment settings have such small range then? Why not let it get totally dark?
    Christoph7K likes this.
    12-10-14 07:26 AM
    I wonder why the BB default low adjustment settings have such small range then? Why not let it get totally dark?
    Because they're stupid. iPhone gets very very dim. It's not like it would cost them anything to let an LCD dim low for dark environments.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 08:01 PM
    That's actually amazing that you can do that. Going to test it out now.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 08:02 PM