I dunno how Chuck Lorre feels about the blackberry devices. But he's the kind of guy who doesn't give a crap about what the trends are and will stick his neck out for something he likes or doesn't like.

If he's up for it and the price is right.... I'm sure he could write an interesting story line involving the new bb10 device.

Sheldon going on a crazy rant about how Q20 is the only thing a real geek needs to the laughs of everyone else... the rest will realize it's the best by the end if the show...

Or the engineer brings it up to space of something...

Something a step above product placement but a step below plot centric.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by incongruent; 03-16-14 at 11:36 AM.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    03-16-14 08:04 AM
    Would be cool....
    03-16-14 08:14 AM
    Android clearly already had some pull on the show...

Launch Q20 on the hit show "The Big Bang"-sheldonandroid.jpg

But what is that thing Sheldon appears to be holding to his ear? It looks like some sort of brick-like electronic device, but can't really tell. Hmmm...
    03-16-14 09:09 AM
    I've been following the show, and clearly these are apple guys. They even had Siri appear as a guest on the show. Perhaps Sheldon's NSA paranoia will kick in and push him to opt for a blackberry?
    03-16-14 09:15 AM
    While I can't help but personally think that this is a silly idea, I can say one thing for certain. If they did this you'd get a ton of users saying how this undermines their ego and how BlackBerry is a tool not a toy. BlackBerry has positioned itself as wanting to advertise as a business brand for suits, not an everyday brand for all. Hit shows don't work for this.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:21 AM
    When Blackberry was the top suit tool, it was also coveted by your average consumer. If they only want to be a niche instrument they're going to be as relevant as a TI graphing calculator.

But we're off topic I guess discussing the relevance of consumer opinion on a marketing plan to corporate demographic.

It's silly in concept but the idea can be refined. Hey... this guy bucks trends all the time. he risked his top earning show by throwing Charlie Sheen out on his ***. He has balls. Definitely worth feeling him out for at minimum a product placement to earn credibility as a real product rather than a real joke (as consumers see BB).

Posted via CB10
    dejanh and jcarlos100 like this.
    03-16-14 11:35 AM
    That would be a whole new way to introduce a new product. Very innovative and I bet it would work rather well

Posted via my Z30
    03-16-14 11:38 AM
    Sheldon, Leonard, and Raj use iPhones. Wallowitz uses a Nokia N95.
    03-16-14 12:03 PM
    Good luck with that.
    03-16-14 12:36 PM
    And considering BlackBerry is going back to it's roots - enterprise customers - a launch like this on Big Bang would target the complete wrong audience.
    03-16-14 03:35 PM
    Never watched it

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 03:39 PM
    Those nerds are about gaming n the iPhone is better for it. Doesn't make sense
    03-16-14 03:49 PM
    You make valid points. Maybe a show with a lot of traffic is not for BB. Anyone who watches TV probably works in a retail store or janitorial, not an enterprise corporation.

What is the right way to market BlackBerry products then? You can only bomb at the superbowl so many times and people in offices tend to throw out cold faxes before reading them nowadays.

Maybe an RFP.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 09:13 PM
    These guys all play the roles of geeks lol so 100% apple / android guys. Probably android due to higher customizable features. They aren't your typical business profesh rockin a bberry

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    03-17-14 12:22 AM
    Sheldon going on a crazy rant about how Q20 is the only thing a real geek needs to the laughs of everyone else... the rest will realize it's the best by the end if the show...

Or the engineer brings it up to space of something...
    This thread is definitely started by someone who love The Big Bang Theory show, even went as far as plotting a script for the show.

I've been following the show, and clearly these are apple guys. They even had Siri appear as a guest on the show. Perhaps Sheldon's NSA paranoia will kick in and push him to opt for a blackberry?
    And don't forget an episode where Leonard asked Sheldon if he want to come along to the Apple Store and make fun of Apple Geniuses, or when Howard dressed up as an Apple Genius to try to pick up girls in the Apple Store. And Raj often do video chat with his parents on a MacBook. Yeah, they're definitely Apple guys. I think it's only Sheldon who's a Linux guy.

Sheldon, Leonard, and Raj use iPhones. Wallowitz uses a Nokia N95.
    I thought all of them are using iPhone, even the girls.

Never watched it
    Rebroker2009's short post make a solid statement on this particular topic: no matter how famous a tv show is, not everyone is going to watch it. I believe it's more effective to use tv ads inbetween prime time (news and tv shows) that got high ratings.

What is the right way to market BlackBerry products then? You can only bomb at the superbowl so many times and people in offices tend to throw out cold faxes before reading them nowadays.
    There are other places like: Bloomberg, CNN, or any other tv networks where BlackBerry can do serious ads to give more positive image as the smartphone of choice for business / enterprise users. The specific market in which BlackBerry still have a foot hold, and BlackBerry shouldn't waste on to keep losing, especially since the Q20 is said to bring back "the belt".
    03-17-14 04:37 AM
    That's a fair point...but if you think about true gaming-- isn't iPhone a joke...and iPad...and iPod. There's a reason these guys use their Alienware's for gaming...including trying to buy ComicCon tickets (the beast of all gaming)! Some producer has an iPhone fetish--it doesn't foot with their intelligently holier than thou personas... (another poster talked about them making fun of the so-called Apple Geniuses...that's more disdain for Apple than admiration, isn't it? Posing as Apple geniuses...well, that's just doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to pick up chicks short of actually getting a charming enough personality to not have to front... hehehe
    03-17-14 06:12 AM
    This thread is definitely started by someone who love The Big Bang Theory show, even went as far as plotting a script for the show.

And don't forget an episode where Leonard asked Sheldon if he want to come along to the Apple Store and make fun of Apple Geniuses, or when Howard dressed up as an Apple Genius to try to pick up girls in the Apple Store. And Raj often do video chat with his parents on a MacBook. Yeah, they're definitely Apple guys. I think it's only Sheldon who's a Linux guy.

I thought all of them are using iPhone, even the girls.

Rebroker2009's short post make a solid statement on this particular topic: no matter how famous a tv show is, not everyone is going to watch it. I believe it's more effective to use tv ads inbetween prime time (news and tv shows) that got high ratings.

There are other places like: Bloomberg, CNN, or any other tv networks where BlackBerry can do serious ads to give more positive image as the smartphone of choice for business / enterprise users. The specific market in which BlackBerry still have a foot hold, and BlackBerry shouldn't waste on to keep losing, especially since the Q20 is said to bring back "the belt".
    These guys are more Alienware than anything else...like true gamers... though it is a matter of time before they move on to Origin laptops! But (I could be wrong-- haven't seen all episodes) I do not recall seeing them actually GAME on any Mac/Apple products. SItting around that coffee table buying ComicCon tickets even was on their Alienwares...(though Raj might have been on his Mac....if I space out I might go back to check).

Sheldon is pure Alienware, though I am surprised he actually has a phone!
    03-17-14 06:15 AM
    Why not a show like suits or white collar?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 07:05 AM
    Love this idea. I'm sure they could tie it in with Android since BB10 runs Android apps well now. Howard could probably find some pretty good use for QNX in one of his projects. I'm sure there are a ton of ways to highlight Blackberry on the show. The show has a huge audience and despite some of the other comments on here about it not reaching everyone, REALLY? I don't know of any ONE marketing method that would reach everyone! Great Idea OP!
    03-17-14 07:07 AM
    Some producer has an iPhone fetish--it doesn't foot with their intelligently holier than thou personas... (another poster talked about them making fun of the so-called Apple Geniuses...that's more disdain for Apple than admiration, isn't it? Posing as Apple geniuses...well, that's just doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to pick up chicks short of actually getting a charming enough personality to not have to front... hehehe
    Is that "another poster" me?

These guys are more Alienware than anything else...like true gamers... though it is a matter of time before they move on to Origin laptops! But (I could be wrong-- haven't seen all episodes) I do not recall seeing them actually GAME on any Mac/Apple products. SItting around that coffee table buying ComicCon tickets even was on their Alienwares...(though Raj might have been on his Mac....if I space out I might go back to check).
    Sheldon is pure Alienware, though I am surprised he actually has a phone!
    Oh yup, you're talking about me.

Wow, I'm not going to dissect each scenes just to prove that they're Apple guys or not.
    Alright, they're not Apple guys because they don't use MacBooks, so is teasing Apple Genius or disguising as one.
    I don't quite remember it, but I think all of them are using iPhones.
    But yeah, they're not Apple guys.
    Sorry, my bad.
    03-17-14 08:53 AM
    Why not a show like suits or white collar?
    That would be good, but then again not everybody watch the Suits and White Collar. But if BlackBerry got enough money to fund it, and grow that positive image through those tv shows (and any other shows), it might worth it. Love the Suits.
    03-17-14 08:56 AM
    House of Cards on Netflix heavily uses both iPhone and BlackBerry.
    03-18-14 02:35 PM
    Give Q20's to the Kardashians. They're all huge BlackBerry fans as it is. And as whack as they all may be, they have huge followings.
    03-18-14 04:13 PM
    Nah it should be launch on scandal or house of cards.

Any show with politicians, high powered businessmen, lawyers, wallstreet, etc

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 04:17 PM
    I would guess it depends how one looks at it.

Yes they are gaming nerds, but they could turn it around and say video games are best on their Xbox, but when they need to get real stuff done they use a BlackBerry.

Sheldon in particular, is all about organization.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    03-18-14 04:28 PM