Wow. What a lively thread. Lol. I personally don't think CPU speed et al make a flagship phone. Or camera specs. As long as it has superior build quality and performs flawlessly. Flagship really only means bells and whistles. Not necessarily CPU speed. Of course you don't want to have a flagship that has lower or same specs as a lower end phone, but just because other phones have higher performance specs still doesn't make a passport or any other phone comparison not a flagship. Eyefone 6 still only has an 8mp camera. Half of what my note 3 has but the pics are still better on the eyefone.
    05-13-15 06:48 PM
    Wow. What a lively thread. Lol. I personally don't think CPU speed et al make a flagship phone. Or camera specs. As long as it has superior build quality and performs flawlessly. Flagship really only means bells and whistles. Not necessarily CPU speed. Of course you don't want to have a flagship that has lower or same specs as a lower end phone, but just because other phones have higher performance specs still doesn't make a passport or any other phone comparison not a flagship. Eyefone 6 still only has an 8mp camera. Half of what my note 3 has but the pics are still better on the eyefone.
    I would say camera specs are important because that directly affects the usability of the phone. As much as we want to say the phone is for communication, the fact is, being able to take a quick photo when you don't have your camera on you is a great asset. And I've read that with 10.3.2.680 the focus time is greatly improved in the Passport with the 13MP Sony camera module. If that's true, then that would make for a good mobile phone camera. I know there are phones out there with many more megapixels, but it's pretty foolish to think megapixels mean everything. I'm willing to bet my 12MP canon camera takes better photos than like a 20MP fujifilm or olympus camera... But simple minds need simple ways to quantify things. The whole "bigger numbers are better" thing is the new dummy's guide to what to buy and that's kind of sad...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    rotaryguy likes this.
    05-13-15 10:45 PM
    Flagship is the ship where the Admiral puts his flag, and this Admiral has his flag on a Classic...
    05-14-15 01:41 AM
    Flagship is the ship where the Admiral puts his flag, and this Admiral has his flag on a Classic...
    Nice.
    05-14-15 09:29 AM
    I would say camera specs are important because that directly affects the usability of the phone. As much as we want to say the phone is for communication, the fact is, being able to take a quick photo when you don't have your camera on you is a great asset. And I've read that with 10.3.2.680 the focus time is greatly improved in the Passport with the 13MP Sony camera module. If that's true, then that would make for a good mobile phone camera. I know there are phones out there with many more megapixels, but it's pretty foolish to think megapixels mean everything. I'm willing to bet my 12MP canon camera takes better photos than like a 20MP fujifilm or olympus camera... But simple minds need simple ways to quantify things. The whole "bigger numbers are better" thing is the new dummy's guide to what to buy and that's kind of sad...

I agree with you. Bigger and faster doesn't always mean better. Even though I hate eyefones, the camera on three eyefone six is only 8mp. But is a fantastic picture taking device. And the editing ability just inside the camera app is amazing. But I don't need that stuff. I get by with a z10 and a note 3 as a tablet.
    05-14-15 09:32 AM
    I agree with you. Bigger and faster doesn't always mean better. Even though I hate eyefones, the camera on three eyefone six is only 8mp. But is a fantastic picture taking device. And the editing ability just inside the camera app is amazing. But I don't need that stuff. I get by with a z10 and a note 3 as a tablet.
    Yep, the 8mp shooter on the iphone is pretty good. Although for some reason I've found that in some situations my Classic would take better photos than my friend's iphone 5s, but I think the 6's is better for sure.

05-14-15 09:49 AM
    Unfortunately the general public has bought into the more mega pixels = better photos. Pros like myself know better, but the manufacturers just loves it.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 11:29 AM
    Big numbers and high specs is big sales... But most people don't care.. when my friends have a Samsung... i want a Samsung to. The same for iPhone...

Herd behavior....

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-14-15 11:42 AM
    Yes, it does lag, but it doesn't really bother me. I would probably get a next classic with flagship spec though.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 01:07 PM
    just started using my Classic today! haven't seen a bit of lag!
    only Android app I have really have is Facebook Messenger
    05-14-15 02:28 PM
    Big numbers and high specs is big sales... But most people don't care.. when my friends have a Samsung... i want a Samsung to. The same for iPhone...

Herd behavior....

Yep, exactly right. Sadly I have friends like that. Back when the Samsung S4 was new, one of my friends got it, and immediately another went out and got the exact phone, right after claiming he'll hold on to his phone since he doesn't need to upgrade. Then when we're all together, the two of them would sit around and boast about how they both have the same phone and how so many others have Samsung, then they think they are making fun of me for not having one... Unfortunately all I could think is "thank goodness I'm not embarrassing myself like these people are..." But of course I just chuckle to be polite and not say a word...

05-14-15 02:50 PM
    Unfortunately the general public has bought into the more mega pixels = better photos. Pros like myself know better, but the manufacturers just loves it.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I love it when some people ask me what camera I'm using, and after I tell them, the first words out of their mouths are "how many megapixels is it?" I answer, but know that something extremely ignorant will spew out soon after... And it almost always does...

I even got a "my phone's camera is better than that" response once. My response was "let's compare photos." After looking at the photos, and the obligatory entire explanation of what the differences are between what people advertise and what actually matters, I think it turned out well for him since he learned a lot of new things, while it was just an annoyance for me...

05-14-15 02:54 PM
    Laggy Classic?

Unfortunately, yes.

Just wanted to ask whether or not Crackberry users have the same lag regarding the loading of contacts as the guy from these youtube video's. I thought Blackberry was supposed to be a "business phone" for "business users". I roughly have half the amount of this guys contacts but I am wondering if there is a maximum amount of contacts before one gets confronted with issues like the reviewer. I don't think I would have the patience to deal with such lag. 10 seconds to get a match is just too much. I was about to pull the trigger and buy this phone but now I'm not sure. Furthermore I am not interested in the Passport. I guess I'll have to wait for the Classic II (if it ever comes out) with more powerful specs.

05-14-15 03:50 PM
    just started using my Classic today! haven't seen a bit of lag!
    only Android app I have really have is Facebook Messenger
    Have you received a call? There is a delay before the caller id shows whose calling.
    05-14-15 04:28 PM
    Just played around with one at my local AT&T store and there was no lag at all. Had it side by side with my Passport and the difference was not that pronounced.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    05-16-15 04:52 PM
    The Classic performs identical to Z10 and Q10, it has the very same internals and there is no magical software voodoo cocktail brewing in the background which eats up all the resources of the Classic. If it is lagging this badly, there might be something wrong with the unit. Maybe it needs a reboot, maybe there is a problem with the initial installed software.

Even with battery-saving enabled, which steps down the CPU clockrate, it isn't bad at all. Of course this is no Passport for very obvious reasons but still good. As already said, if you were happy with the performance. of your Z10, you will also be happy with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    I have the Q10,Classic, Z10 , turned them on , then opened several apps at the same time (2 berries at a time) and they appear to be equal speed. Of course this is just an observation and no scientific speed testing . Real world simple testing showed me no difference. Of course I I threw in my Nexus 5-wow-the Nexus 5 flies! Of course my BB9900 is much slower in comparison (but still my go-to device).
    05-16-15 05:10 PM
    Just loaded this puppy up after Friday and using this as a main device. No issue. I have a 128G iP6+, snapdragon note4 and deciding to have this with my main SIM for now. No issues.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    05-16-15 05:23 PM
    Have you received a call? There is a delay before the caller id shows whose calling.
    Have my Classic for more than 2 months now.. I don't see the delay.

05-17-15 02:42 AM
    I have the Q10,Classic, Z10 , turned them on , then opened several apps at the same time (2 berries at a time) and they appear to be equal speed. Of course this is just an observation and no scientific speed testing . Real world simple testing showed me no difference. Of course I I threw in my Nexus 5-wow-the Nexus 5 flies! Of course my BB9900 is much slower in comparison (but still my go-to device).
    And every opposite outcome would be surprising. All three share the same CPU and GPU. Each is clocked at the very same speed. They all have the same amount of RAM and the identical memory. Q10 and Classic share the same screen resolution with just the Z10 using a higher resolution. If you take that in consideration, both keyboard phone even should have a small benefit before the Z, due to less display content which needs to be rendered.

Comparing those BB10 phones to other phones is a different matter of course.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:05 AM
    And every opposite outcome would be surprising. All three share the same CPU and GPU. Each is clocked at the very same speed. They all have the same amount of RAM and the identical memory. Q10 and Classic share the same screen resolution with just the Z10 using a higher resolution. If you take that in consideration, both keyboard phone even should have a small benefit before the Z, due to less display content which needs to be rendered.

Comparing those BB10 phones to other phones is a different matter of course.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, but I think the reason he compared them is because OP is saying he's worried it lags more than his Z10. That comparison is supposed to prove the point that if OP likes the Z10's speed (even if slower than the competition) that he'll be fine with the Classic since they are the same.

05-17-15 04:23 AM
    This is true. The classic is both laggy and jumpy at times and freezes, not a lot but enough to **** you off as sometimes you're writing an important msg and it freezes.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 08:23 AM
    Still no laggyness.. in the 2 months I have the Classic.. it froze 1 time for 5 second.
    Maybe because i don't run any Android apps.

05-17-15 09:28 AM
72 123