Hence the name classic. The next q10 successor should basically be a q10 with real modern specs, the touch keyboard but with the four row, a bigger battery and maybe a 4in screen. I would love I'd they keep the carbon weave also.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-09-14 02:19 AM
    actually i want to see the Z10 like phone with the foldaway keyboard that would be interesting as i can type and still have a large screen
    10-09-14 09:26 AM
    actually i want to see the Z10 like phone with the foldaway keyboard that would be interesting as i can type and still have a large screen
    Landscape sliders are extinct, apparently not enough demand or because they are too thick.
    10-10-14 08:11 AM
    Landscape sliders are extinct, apparently not enough demand or because they are too thick.
    have you seen the new leaked patents that show a portrait device with a fold away keyboard ??? ...
    that what i was talking about ... and when did blackberry ever had a landscape slider device please enlighten me ???
    if you are not sure about what some one is talking about ask and don't assume / comment ... willy nilly

this is the device ..... AKA VISA
    Killer features missing on the upcoming Classic?  (based on "leaked" specs)-blackberry-patent-visa-1-.png
    Killer features missing on the upcoming Classic?  (based on "leaked" specs)-blackberry-patent-visa-2-.png
    Killer features missing on the upcoming Classic?  (based on "leaked" specs)-bbry_patent_top.png
    idssteve and Mr4aces like this.
    10-10-14 12:25 PM
    How does that make no sense? To date the best iteration of the keyboard models has been the 9900 series with touchscreen. The Classis is an evolution of the 9900 series which is huge step in getting back where they were. I wish they woul change the company name back to RIM honestly.
    It makes NO sense because RIM damn well should have a removable battery on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:13 PM
    It makes NO sense because RIM damn well should have a removable battery on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I was on the removable battery bandwagon as well, but if having a fixed battery means they can fit a 3150mah battery inside of it instead of a 2500mah battery, then bring on the 3150mah battery...
    10-11-14 04:56 PM
    Well, I was on the removable battery bandwagon as well, but if having a fixed battery means they can fit a 3150mah battery inside of it instead of a 2500mah battery, then bring on the 3150mah battery...
    Agreed - hopefully that will happen then.
    10-11-14 05:24 PM
    Agreed - hopefully that will happen then.
    Rumors have it they are testing to see if that could be the final version capacity. I hope they succeed, because a battery that size will last a pretty good amount of time. It's only if you go for several days without access to a charger where it might become a problem. But with car chargers, and chargers every where due to the popularity of these wall-hugging phones, I don't see that being an issue for me at least...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-11-14 07:01 PM
    Rumors have it they are testing to see if that could be the final version capacity. I hope they succeed, because a battery that size will last a pretty good amount of time. It's only if you go for several days without access to a charger where it might become a problem. But with car chargers, and chargers every where due to the popularity of these wall-hugging phones, I don't see that being an issue for me at least...

If that's the case, then I'll be elated.

Still hope BlackBerry produces as slim power pack in the same vein as the one released alongside the Z30. But designed for the usb port on the bottom instead of the side. Those are the coolest external packs on the market.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:54 PM
    Ya, that would be the way to go. With that size battery, a non-removable battery will be less of an issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:06 PM
    At Shop BlackBerry dual core Q10 is sold for US$ 399 while quad core Passport is sold for US$ 599 (discounted by US$ 100 from US$ 699 for the time being).

Classic may be priced at somewhere in between.

Posted via CB10
    By the way, you can find Q10 for about US$250 on Amazon. I have already bought one for that price.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:08 PM
    By the way, you can find Q10 for about US$250 on Amazon. I have already bought one for that price.

Posted via CB10
    I have about $375 worth of amazon gift card balance sitting in my account waiting for this Classic. The BB/Amazon partnership is awesome because now we can just buy the phones straight from Amazon right when they release, lol. I don't care much about the apps because we already have access to Amazon apps now, and I'm not really an app heavy user anyway, so the fact that we can buy phones on release date from their website is definitely the number one benefit from their partnership for me.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-11-14 11:30 PM
    I have about $375 worth of amazon gift card balance sitting in my account waiting for this Classic. The BB/Amazon partnership is awesome because now we can just buy the phones straight from Amazon right when they release, lol. I don't care much about the apps because we already have access to Amazon apps now, and I'm not really an app heavy user anyway, so the fact that we can buy phones on release date from their website is definitely the number one benefit from their partnership for me.
    Yes, totally agree. Of course, if they don't run out of stock the first hour! lol

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:19 AM
    Same..... if the battery is 'FIXED' (hate it...) but if the battery is 3150mah... THEN COUNT ME IN.. that badboy will last you a long time i would think.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-12-14 12:35 AM
    Yes, totally agree. Of course, if they don't run out of stock the first hour! lol

Posted via CB10
    I'll be ordering it the first hour, lol.
    Brandon Tobias and Mr4aces like this.
    10-12-14 12:52 AM
    If that's the case, then I'll be elated.

Still hope BlackBerry produces as slim power pack in the same vein as the one released alongside the Z30. But designed for the usb port on the bottom instead of the side. Those are the coolest external packs on the market.

Posted via CB10
    ... and a cradle charger. I miss mine and it saves wear and tear on the charging pins.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-12-14 12:25 PM
    ... and a cradle charger. I miss mine and it saves wear and tear on the charging pins.
    Very true.

Having a removable battery also provides a welcome redundancy should the charging pins fail, not to mention the if the battery itself fails prematurely.
    10-12-14 01:11 PM
    Qi wireless charging, or a similar tech, seems like such an obvious evolution of the Bold cradle charging.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias and slagman5 like this.
    10-12-14 02:06 PM
    Qi wireless charging, or a similar tech, seems like such an obvious evolution of the Bold cradle charging.

Posted via CB10
    I definitely would like wireless charging. Charging contacts on the bottom? Not so much...

10-12-14 04:54 PM
    I definitely would like wireless charging. Charging contacts on the bottom? Not so much...

It's nice as bedside clock feature. I'm at 75 plus hotel nights each year and I never use or trust in-room alarm clocks.
    10-13-14 04:33 AM
    It's nice as bedside clock feature. I'm at 75 plus hotel nights each year and I never use or trust in-room alarm clocks.
    Yes, I always though the night alarm clock is one of the best BB features. I also travel a lot, but use it every night as my main alarm clock, even when I'm home. I am not sure what other platforms/apps (iPhone, Android) offer in terms of this feature, but I certainly love BlackBerry's!
    10-13-14 04:47 AM
    Yes, I always though the night alarm clock is one of the best BB features. I also travel a lot, but use it every night as my main alarm clock, even when I'm home. I am not sure what other platforms/apps (iPhone, Android) offer in terms of this feature, but I certainly love BlackBerry's!
    Exactly - hopefully the Classic has this feature and brings back some other oldies but goodies we lost with the release of 10.
    10-13-14 04:55 AM
    Why not give the new Classic 3GB RAM and quad-core processor like the Passport? I know, I know. Some of you might argue that there is such a thing as "too much RAM". But the cost will be marginal, which I'm sure people would like to pay for just to have that extra bump in performance.

Why not give it the touch-sensitive keyboard, get rid of the trackpad in the middle and still provide shortcut keys capability? The Blackberry logo can go where the trackpad is and the top of the screen can be used for extra real estate. I mean, do we really need to put "Blackberry" across the top of the phone?

Why not give the front camera auto-focus?

How about that charging dock option? When I'm at work or at my home office, I'd like to sit the phone upward so I can see screen activity while it's being charged.

... just my 2cents

/J
    Actually I think you're idea is great for a q10 upgrade but the classic needs the traditional BlackBerry track pad

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-13-14 05:01 AM
    Move the lock/power button on a side of the phone or have the possibility to use one of the buttons for lock/unlock the phone. May be the end button.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and Brandon Tobias like this.
    10-13-14 10:17 AM
    I guess the way I see it, if you're going to come up with a new product, why not innovate instead of just bringing back the toolbelt? I would get the Passport, but it's too wide. The Classic is a great fit for one hand use because one can use the keyboard to dial the numbers (among other things) and the touch-sensitive keyboard will allow for easier scrolling.

How do you dial a phone number on the Passport with one hand (provided that you don't have some gigantic hand of a 7-footer basketball player)? I didn't see it from the live demo on 9/24.
    A trackpad allowed for just as easy scrolling too...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:49 AM
94 1234