Why not give the new Classic 3GB RAM and quad-core processor like the Passport? I know, I know. Some of you might argue that there is such a thing as "too much RAM". But the cost will be marginal, which I'm sure people would like to pay for just to have that extra bump in performance.

Why not give it the touch-sensitive keyboard, get rid of the trackpad in the middle and still provide shortcut keys capability? The Blackberry logo can go where the trackpad is and the top of the screen can be used for extra real estate. I mean, do we really need to put "Blackberry" across the top of the phone?

Why not give the front camera auto-focus?

How about that charging dock option? When I'm at work or at my home office, I'd like to sit the phone upward so I can see screen activity while it's being charged.

... just my 2cents

/J
    09-27-14 10:12 AM
    No, it was always mean to be a Q10 with a toolbelt.

pin:2B7CAF06
    Mr4aces and Brandon Tobias like this.
    09-27-14 10:14 AM
    Because this phone is targeted towards those people who refuse to get rid of their 9900s for that very reason. They don't want to learn any new features. They don't want a touch keyboard, they don't want 3 GB of RAM because they don't play games on their phones, etc. It's for those who value quick communications which is why the belt with the trackpad, phone, and back keys are there.

And it's got to be an inexpensive phone because corporations don't want to spend $600 or $700 on a phone for each employee, especially when they're buying hundreds or thousands of phones.

If you want all the bells and whistles, then get the Passport.
    09-27-14 10:16 AM
    Why not give the new Classic 3GB RAM and quad-core processor like the Passport? I know, I know. Some of you might argue that there is such a thing as "too much RAM". But the cost will be marginal, which I'm sure people would like to pay for just to have that extra bump in performance.

Why not give it the touch-sensitive keyboard, get rid of the trackpad in the middle and still provide shortcut keys capability? The Blackberry logo can go where the trackpad is and the top of the screen can be used for extra real estate. I mean, do we really need to put "Blackberry" across the top of the phone?

Why not give the front camera auto-focus?

How about that charging dock option? When I'm at work or at my home office, I'd like to sit the phone upward so I can see screen activity while it's being charged.

... just my 2cents

/J
    Why not why not why not. Why not read the million and one threads about this, then you'd realize the toolbelt is about a whole lot more than the trackpad. The call send and end PHYSICAL buttons are the most important things for me and for some others. The trackpad is just a bonus...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-27-14 10:22 AM
    I guess the way I see it, if you're going to come up with a new product, why not innovate instead of just bringing back the toolbelt? I would get the Passport, but it's too wide. The Classic is a great fit for one hand use because one can use the keyboard to dial the numbers (among other things) and the touch-sensitive keyboard will allow for easier scrolling.

How do you dial a phone number on the Passport with one hand (provided that you don't have some gigantic hand of a 7-footer basketball player)? I didn't see it from the live demo on 9/24.
    09-27-14 10:59 AM
    I guess the way I see it, if you're going to come up with a new product, why not innovate instead of just bringing back the toolbelt? I would get the Passport, but it's too wide. The Classic is a great fit for one hand use because one can use the keyboard to dial the numbers (among other things) and the touch-sensitive keyboard will allow for easier scrolling.

How do you dial a phone number on the Passport with one hand (provided that you don't have some gigantic hand of a 7-footer basketball player)? I didn't see it from the live demo on 9/24.
    Because the bringing back the toolbelt isn't innovation to begin with.

09-27-14 11:16 AM

Innovation is great when it's driven by a need. For a lot of us, we didn't have a need to lose the physical call send and end buttons, but they "innovated" them away anyway...

LLAmos likes this.
    09-27-14 11:38 AM
    +100000 on the 3gb RAM. Don't care about the quad cpu but RAM is much needed. I hate it when the browser flushes tabs after heavy multitasking (no games here, just business).

As a matter of fact, I am desperately hoping it will have 3gb as the passport is too big for my needs. Androids with 3gb suck as the stupid OS still kills apps conservatively.

I can't believe we live in such a hi tech world and no one makes serious mobile OS/device (BB10 is close, but not there yet).

Or hopefully they release a "mini" version of the passport (called VISA may be)
    Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy and DeliFresser like this.
    09-27-14 12:35 PM
    Removable battery. Main missing feature for me and the reason why I don't buy the Classic.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-27-14 01:16 PM
    So do I understand the Classic will not have a touch screen nor a removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:47 PM
    The convenience keys!!!
    How could BlackBerry dismiss something like that?

I was already pissed when they went from two to just one... But now it killed the productivity even more

I loved on my old Bolds (9000 and 9700) the ability to launch my calendar with one key, and my shortcut app with the other key!

Then on the 9900 i just had one key, which triggered the shortcut app... it was manageable, but still...

Now i use the Q10 but so many extra-steps for small things now that i almost feel like i am using an Android or Iphone sometimes :-/

The things i miss:
    - The convenience keys (in case you didn't get it )
    - the powerful notification LED (remember those from pre-OS 7?)
    - BIS
    - the Task Manager and ability to quickly jump from an app to another with the BlackBerry key.
    Rafski and LLAmos like this.
    09-27-14 02:05 PM
    So do I understand the Classic will not have a touch screen nor a removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    classic will have a touch screen but non removable batt

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-27-14 02:38 PM
    Classic would have been perfect if it had the curved keyboard :'(

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:38 PM
    No features are missing from this phone.

It is a phone for tools.
    09-27-14 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where do you people hear these things? Seriously, where has it ever been said that it wouldn't have a touchscreen? Yah, it's not going to have the phone call ability either... smh

UrbanGlowCam and SK122387 like this.
    09-27-14 05:39 PM

Putting back something that was originally there but taken away is not really innovative in my opinion.

My point is the touch-sensitive keyboard is brilliant, so why not incorporate that into the upcoming Classic. Another user mentioned dedicated shortcut key, which is also a great idea, but taken away. If corporations are concerned with costs, then they should opt for cheaper Blackberry devices. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are other models sold in emerging markets.

I think if a feature is available on one particular model and it's been thoroughly tested (design/engineering costs already factored in), why not provide that across the board? It's like limiting Blend to only enterprise customers that purchase the Passport.

I still have yet seen a video of someone dialing a phone number on the Passport with one hand. I would love to see how that can happen. I think other large screen phone lays out the dial pad either just to the left side or right side of the screen.

PS - Im not here to bash Bb. Just trying to see if any others feel the same way. Hence, this board and the thread. Cheers.

/J
    09-27-14 05:42 PM
    Putting back something that was originally there but taken away is not really innovative in my opinion.

My point is the touch-sensitive keyboard is brilliant, so why not incorporate that into the upcoming Classic. Another user mentioned dedicated shortcut key, which is also a great idea, but taken away. If corporations are concerned with costs, then they should opt for cheaper Blackberry devices. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are other models sold in emerging markets.

I think if a feature is available on one particular model and it's been thoroughly tested (design/engineering costs already factored in), why not provide that across the board? It's like limiting Blend to only enterprise customers that purchase the Passport.

I still have yet seen a video of someone dialing a phone number on the Passport with one hand. I would love to see how that can happen. I think other large screen phone lays out the dial pad either just to the left side or right side of the screen.

PS - Im not here to bash Bb. Just trying to see if any others feel the same way. Hence, this board and the thread. Cheers.

/J
    You are crossing a lot if lines here. A lot of those devices for emerging markets are bbos devices. The bb10 ones are not available in all other countries. You also have carriers who get involved and taxes and stuff. Also documentation and the os needs to be translated and localized which add costs. it's likley costly to make a device available worldwide.

Besides don't forget, taking away stuff is not limited to blackberry. Each iteration of the iphone has a new back (aluminum, plastic, glass, aluminum again) and I've seen new iteration of Android devices go from premium to middle class. My moto rarz m was made of metal and kevlar, and it's sequel was made of all plastic. Weighing in on the design and features also has to do with customer feedback and the results of the last iterations sales. Besides the software can't even support convince keys yet. Hopefully it's in the roadmap

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:07 PM
    Where do you people hear these things? Seriously, where has it ever been said that it wouldn't have a touchscreen? Yah, it's not going to have the phone call ability either... smh

Meet slagman, our local post troll and the angriest man on the bb forums.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:09 PM

/J
    The Classic is meant (and it has been explicitly stated by BlackBerry) for people that stuck to BBOS because they disliked all the changes made to get to a Q10. Now you're suggesting that they add a bunch of new features? LOL

I agree that they should upgrade the internals a bit from the Q10 (to future proof the thing a bit---because the people that buy it will probably cling to it for 5 years). Put a large battery, and (never gonna happen) make it water resistant. Anything more than that and they'll have to make yet another batch of Bolds.

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-27-14 06:35 PM
    classic will have a touch screen but non removable batt
    Wow - that makes no sense at all. BlackBerry has been know for that for years.
    09-27-14 06:37 PM
    Because this phone is targeted towards those people who refuse to get rid of their 9900s for that very reason. They don't want to learn any new features. They don't want a touch keyboard, they don't want 3 GB of RAM because they don't play games on their phones, etc. It's for those who value quick communications which is why the belt with the trackpad, phone, and back keys are there.

And it's got to be an inexpensive phone because corporations don't want to spend $600 or $700 on a phone for each employee, especially when they're buying hundreds or thousands of phones.

If you want all the bells and whistles, then get the Passport.
    You described me exactly! I am thankful Blackberry is still willing to make a device for the likes of me and that other guy too.
    elgolfman, FrankIAm and gokulesh like this.
    09-27-14 06:42 PM

The same forum you're on - j o.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:49 PM
    You described me exactly! I am thankful Blackberry is still willing to make a device for the likes of me and that other guy too.
    Three of us now...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:49 PM
    The same forum you're on - j o.

Posted via CB10
    Crazy talk! Seriously, you just to ignore some things. And I guess my question would then be, where did the person you saw saying that hear that from?? Lol

09-27-14 09:45 PM

Sorry to point out the obvious but do you really expect innovation from a device self described as "Classic"?
    09-28-14 04:22 AM
94 123 ...