I've been using my Classic, sometimes alternating with a Passport, as my daily driver for a couple years now and I absolutely love it. The Classic's simplicity and durable construction are second to none. I do wish, however, that I could cross-platform BBM video chat with my family in a different city. They have Apple and Android devices, so BBM video doesn't work with them and my Classic. Skype doesn't work so well on my device, and Zoom is a pain in the butt to get to work.

Do you all think it's worth it for me to "upgrade" to a KEYone purely for the BBM Video Chat capability? I have never used Android and don't seem very keen on it either.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 09:55 PM
    What issues are you having with Skype? Since you want to stick with BB10, have you tried the Android version of WhatsApp?
    07-04-17 11:12 PM
    Yes, it's worth the upgrade! You get the BlackBerry experience without all the annoyances of the BB10 Android runtime. I have no regrets.
    07-05-17 12:06 AM
    Or you buy cheap android 50/100 maybe for BBM video calling
    07-05-17 12:14 AM
    Have you tried BBM on Android? I am not a fan. The ads on it completely turned me off. Whatsapp is still functional for BlackBerry 10 devices. It's a drag I say this as BBM on BlackBerry 10 was all my wife and I used prior. On my S7 Edge with the BlackBerry VKB and subscribed HUB I get a similar all touch experience. I do miss my Classic as my daily. That and the Z10-less battery life- I think size wise were excellent. Older chips and all and the core functions still work exceedingly well. Do want to see and feel a Keyone in the flesh. Probably the way to go. I have been using Whatsapp as of late.
    07-05-17 08:14 PM
    i think if you really want to have reliable video-chat with your friends and family there's no other option than to leave bb10.

You can try installing Android whatsapp...but for me on classic it was a not so good experience.
    07-06-17 12:58 PM
    i think if you really want to have reliable video-chat with your friends and family there's no other option than to leave bb10.

You can try installing Android whatsapp...but for me on classic it was a not so good experience.
    That's what I was afraid of

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 02:52 PM
    If you'd like to stay with bb10 some more time, you could also get a passport. Skype 7.46 (android) runs smoothly.
    07-06-17 08:11 PM