I had problems with proximity sensor (screen on even during phone calls) and keyboard illumination for more then month.
    I tough it was caused by some software update or so..
    Anyway - recent situation was really so bad, I tough about replacing the phone as during every call I opened another phone call by touching screen randomly etc.
    As last chance decided to open the phone - using cheap universal toolset for phone repairs. As I removed back cover I spotted missing one of little bolts in the upper area near camera. ALL BOLTS WERE LOOSE. So tightened all of them around and one of bolts in the centre repositioned on the top where was one missing. Closed and since then is all working fine - proximity and illumination too. Easy fix.
    If you have same issue - try the same.

Posted via CB10
    Alexandros04 likes this.
    08-09-16 08:17 PM
    youuuu are the best!!!. Fixed it in the exact same way. Im soooooo happy.
    08-16-16 04:26 AM
    should be sticky or something
    08-16-16 04:26 AM
    Great! Glad it helped. Opening the rear is a bit tricky (2 bolts under front cover what need to be lifted) but... it's fixed and it works..

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 07:32 PM
    ... just update after one month of using the phone - fix is permanent. So happy proximity works fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 08:06 PM
    I've opened for other reason (had some dust particles d camera cover lens) and found that two screws you mentioned didn't have anything to do with the back cover. Just brackets and some adhesive on top and bottom. Pretty sticky so had to be very careful not to crack the back cover. Also found that all visible screws was pretty loose so I tithened them all...

BlackBerry  Classic / SQC100-1  10.3.2.2876
    09-14-16 01:04 AM
    Had the same problem with my work phone.
    Loose screws under the back cover.
    I have a video up on my youtube channel documenting the repair.
    11-04-16 02:24 AM
    .Thank you so much for this fix.

My keyboard had ceased to light up, the power button would not work, and the proximity sensor had quit functioning.

I popped off the back(it was on pretty good, by the way) and three screws fell out.(if you're going to do this, make sure you've got something under the phone to catch them)

I put them back in using the extremely small screwdriver in a kit I had purchased and now everything works fine again.

Happy again.
    TomasTT likes this.
    01-22-17 12:53 PM