Why are you all typing in the dark? Shouldn't you be sleeping? Watching a movie with your sweetie? Live longer and give yourselves some down time from technology.
    01-24-15 06:38 PM
    Providing you got a sweetie...lol

From Classic
    kitmo likes this.
    01-24-15 07:13 PM
    Has anyone spoken with the folks at BlackBerry about fixing the light bleed problem?
    01-24-15 10:49 PM
    I have a bit of classic light bleed on my keyboard. After closer inspection it seems the paint is chipping off the keyboard this is happening on 6 keys

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-26-15 02:29 AM
    Just got my classic a few days back and after going through this thread I was shocked to discover the light bleed from space bar, q, a, p, del, and enter keys. I'm feeling very irritated and wondering how this device would hold to its quality in a year or so.

Utter waste of money buying this crap made in China. Foxcon build sucks and wish this phone was made in Mexico alongside passport. My q10 reeks of quality anytime and I will go to BlackBerry service for a replacement if possible.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:50 AM
    sent mine back to Digital River for a refund because of the light bleed and gap on the tool belt. Back on a Bold 9900 until AT&T releases and then decide if I want a Classic or Passport.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-26-15 07:39 AM
    I am seeing a lot of posts about people returning the Classic due to the keyboard/toolbelt/screen gap issues. Oh boy, I can picture US carriers' reaction to all the returns when they start releasing this phone. Z10 fiasco all over again! Just when the carriers were getting more comfortable carrying BlackBerry devices again!
    01-26-15 07:59 AM
    Got the same light bleed above the spacebar, though got to admit it becomes really apparent only when the device is held at an inclined angle and not really during normal use

Keyboard backlight bleed-img_20150126_193617_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 09:38 AM
    Interesting thread for sure.

Seems BlackBerry has a knack for gaps, light bleeds, and screen fitting issue. Many on the Passport forums also complain about light bleed on the edges of the keyboard, but none of those gaps are as big as the Classic's space bar crater.

Also, some Passport owners are reporting screens literally lifting from the device. That gap shown on page 1 is quite frightening, I would get that replaced asap. Yikes!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:48 AM
    Worrying thing is I have 3 classics in the family and all have the same issue

01-26-15 10:55 AM
    Worrying thing is I have 3 classics in the family and all have the same issue

That's not good at all. The problem seems more widespread than I originally thought. I thought I was the only unlucky one!
    01-26-15 11:12 AM
    The light bleed doesn't bother me. As long as my Classic doesn't start having random reboots like my Q10 I'll be happy.

It's funny how we wanted light around the trackpad but instead got light around the keys. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    01-26-15 12:14 PM
    Got the same light bleed above the spacebar, though got to admit it becomes really apparent only when the device is held at an inclined angle and not really during normal use

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150126_193617_hdr.jpg 
Views:	865 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	329800

Posted via CB10
    I want that Arabic Keyboard so baadddd!!!!

Via BlackBerry Classic OS 10.3.1.1450 on Blazing Fast T-Mobile 4GLTE
    01-26-15 02:13 PM
    I don't have the gap between the bottom screen and toolbelt
    I have light bleeding between letters but I think it's not so bad
    What's your opinion for my classic ?
    How does it look?
    Photos in totally dark room

Keyboard backlight bleed-img_0368.jpg
    Keyboard backlight bleed-img_0367.jpg
    Keyboard backlight bleed-img_0366.jpg
    Keyboard backlight bleed-img_0365.jpg
    Keyboard backlight bleed-img_0364.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 04:56 PM
    I don't think it looks bad at all. It looks like this is something we're most likely going to see with the classic. I wish there was NO keyboard bleed, but doesn't appear to be the case. I will tolerate a "little" bleed, but some of the extreme bleed I wouldn't. I would exchange it if it were bad. Like I said, a little bit (the kind that requires you go into a dark room and tilt the unit just so to see) won't bug me- but some of the images floating around is NOT acceptable, to me anyways. I don't have a gap but do have a very slight bleed between the call button and size bezel. But you really have to be in a dark room and tilt the phone "just right". My .02

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 07:07 PM
    I have similar nuances on my device. But returning it to get something worse or better is the concern. I too see the chip paint on the inside light bleed of the space bar and light bleed above the back and end call button but no light bleed above the answer and menu button!

Has anyone returned to Amazon and got back a better device o_O

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    01-26-15 10:13 PM
    I would be really interested to see a CLASSIC that DOES NOT have any keyboard bleed???... Pics please!!!
    eji930 likes this.
    01-26-15 10:25 PM
    Still a great phone light bleed or not very happy with my classic had my classic almost three weeks and know that's I haven broken it in I get at 15 plus hour battery life I get way more work done with out looking for a charger I have very little light bleed but it no problem u got to understand it's a keyboard not touch screen keyboard but the build quality out the box with no case or screen protector I have no scratches at all on my classic I'm able to type at least 60 w.p.m or better with spell prediction on I'm loving this blackberry more n more everyday and I get a lot of complement every where I go I believe blackberry berry nailed it this time with the classic I have owned the 7100( z10,q10 curve and the bold was my favorite of all blackberry tried the iphone 5s for 2months never could used to the mail system and 5hour batter life,but light bleed is not a problem I can live with it, it not a biggie to me so all out their that read this post u won't be unsatisfied with light bleed, white classic probably won't have any light light bleed cause of the white color factor I order mine threw amazon got it in one day shipping and I can say I will order again threw amazon

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:45 PM
    I'm considering exchanging since I have prevalent light bleed as seen in these pictures. I guess my main concern is the potential effect on the hardware or what this could mean down the line.

It's funny things seem to always go wrong after warranties expire and return periods exhaust

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    01-27-15 12:20 AM
    Returned mine and went back to the passport. It's not light bleed, it's paint chipped on the keys that the light is shining through. That is NOT acceptable in my eyes. Think how much more the paint will chip over time. Passport keys seem to be made out of different material than the classic's. Such a shame, all I wanted was a well made classic device. Guess I'll have to wait.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 08:01 AM
    I don't think it looks bad at all. It looks like this is something we're most likely going to see with the classic. I wish there was NO keyboard bleed, but doesn't appear to be the case. I will tolerate a "little" bleed, but some of the extreme bleed I wouldn't. I would exchange it if it were bad. Like I said, a little bit (the kind that requires you go into a dark room and tilt the unit just so to see) won't bug me- but some of the images floating around is NOT acceptable, to me anyways. I don't have a gap but do have a very slight bleed between the call button and size bezel. But you really have to be in a dark room and tilt the phone "just right". My .02

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for answering
    For my device I think the light bleeding is acceptable and not a problem at all
    I have the device 3 weeks and it's not getting worse
    I believe and agree with you also, that every Classic out there will have this small light bleeding
    Of course big issues might be returned back immediately
    I'm very satisfied with my classic and for me it's the best blackberry I ever had ( old owner of Q10, Z30, Z10, Passport)
    In my opinion the built quality is nicer than Passport

The Classic is just so Sexy...

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 08:10 AM
    In my opinion the built quality is nicer than Passport

Posted via CB10
    How on earth did you come to that conclusion? Because I can tell you, your talking rubbish mate.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 08:15 AM
    How on earth did you come to that conclusion? Because I can tell you, your talking rubbish mate.

Posted via CB10
    No, you're talking about YOUR experience. As he is talking about HIS. If your experience differs from his that's fine but that's no reason to say he's talking rubbish. Relax.
    agarwal.apar and Naeg1995 like this.
    01-27-15 09:23 AM
    No, you're talking about YOUR experience. As he is talking about HIS. If your experience differs from his that's fine but that's no reason to say he's talking rubbish. Relax.
    Thank you very much Bla1ze

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 01:10 PM
    Keyboard backlight bleed-img_20150127_182856.jpg

I believe this is en engineered "clearance" gap to allow for the flex of the toolbelt and the screen so there is no rubbing going on

Same with the small light bleed between keys... clearance space to allow for movement

If you want to criticize gaps on expensive products.. go look at the panel gaps on your vehicle...
    Jasonamarshall likes this.
    01-27-15 05:32 PM
96 1234