I've read some posts complaining about the backlight bleeding on the Classic keyboard. While I can't deny there is some light 'bleeding' the observation seems ridiculous compared to my MacBook Pro keyboard.

Yes I'm comparing a smart phone to a laptop computer but NO ONE ever complains of the total bleeding of backlight on such an expensive piece of hardware, accusing it of being "cheap" (or worse).

On  Classic
    01-21-15 07:33 AM
    There is a significant difference here! Macbook has never had a keyboard without leak, BlackBerry has....If Mac made their notebooks without bleed and then all of a sudden release with....Point unvalid.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 08:26 AM
    Shawngt2, many thanks for the reply and clarification. I've had the Macbook only for the last month or so, so learning there.

I would argue that all posts to a forum are valid because it is a forum and not a debating society or PhD thesis. By the way, if something is not valid, then it is 'invalid' not "unvalid" as you put it.

All the best.

On  Classic
    eji930 likes this.
    01-22-15 12:45 AM
    Opps, invalid, yes Yes it is a forum and everyone can give opinions, but you were basically saying people's unhappiness with keyboard bleed was invalid due to Mac which is a completely different design purpose (notebook vs smartphone).

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:24 AM
    You can judge for yourself whether the gap in the attached picture between the screen and the toolbelt is acceptable or not. There is a big difference between seeing light through the keyboard uniformly and having large gaps here and there!

By the way, if you are wondering, that's not a cracked screen. It's a wallpaper from Ziro.

Keyboard backlight bleed-classic-light-bleed.jpg
    01-22-15 06:50 AM
    You can judge for yourself whether the gap in the attached picture between the screen and the toolbelt is acceptable or not. There is a big difference between seeing light through the keyboard uniformly and having large gaps here and there!

By the way, if you are wondering, that's not a cracked screen. It's a wallpaper from Ziro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Classic Light Bleed.jpg 
Views:	3258 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	328835
    I have the exact gap in the exact same place! Does bug me especially typing when it's dark.
    01-22-15 08:04 AM
    I have the exact gap in the exact same place! Does bug me especially typing when it's dark.
    Ya, doesn't make you feel good about the phone, does it? From what I have been reading, the gap/bleeding issue does not seem to be that uncommon. Makes you wonder about the quality control at FoxConn!
    01-22-15 08:20 AM
    I agree, the gap in this one is ridiculous. I've found a pretty awful gap on the spacebar where the light bleeds between it and the V and B. It's about 3mm and looks unsightly.

On  Classic
    01-22-15 08:23 AM
    I agree, the gap in this one is ridiculous. I've found a pretty awful gap on the spacebar where the light bleeds between it and the V and B. It's about 3mm and looks unsightly.

On  Classic
    I hope you mean it's 3mm long, not 3mm wide!

Either way, I am surprised by your post. You started the thread implying the gaps are no big deal and were wondering why people don't talk about Macbook's light bleed while you had a 3mm gap in your new phone????
    01-22-15 08:36 AM
    KR2013, Are you going to return that? I would not like using that! Think of the bird nest build (pocket lint) over the years!
    01-22-15 08:36 AM
    I am also surprised. Rajeeboy, you might want to read what you first wrote in this thread. Basically saying that everyone is overreacting about the gap issue, when it is indeed not the case. As a long time BB user, I have grown to expect a certain quality and this is the worst quality from BB I have seen in my experience.
    01-22-15 08:40 AM
    KR2013, Are you going to return that? I would not like using that. Think of the birdnest build (pocket lint) over the years!
    That's the plan, unless the thing grows on me (and, I don't mean the gap)! :-)

Hey, I am actually hoping the gap gets fully covered with lint/dust in a week, eliminating the light bleed! :-)
    01-22-15 08:42 AM
    I am also surprised. Rajeeboy, you might want to read what you first wrote in this thread. Basically saying that everyone is overreacting about the gap issue, when it is indeed not the case. As a long time BB user, I have grown to expect a certain quality and this is the worst quality from BB I have seen in my experience.
    You're not wrong!

I too am now 'complaining' haha!

On  Classic
    01-22-15 11:58 AM
    I hope you mean it's 3mm long, not 3mm wide!

Either way, I am surprised by your post. You started the thread implying the gaps are no big deal and were wondering why people don't talk about Macbook's light bleed while you had a 3mm gap in your new phone????
    You're not wrong either!

I'm still discovering things. I don't really have light bleed EXCEPT in the space bar where the 3mm width of the gap is actually irritating now! Check out the photo. (Can someone please confirm they can see the photo I'm attaching? I don't seem to be able to see them).

On  Classic
    01-22-15 12:06 PM
    You're not wrong either!

I'm still discovering things. I don't really have light bleed EXCEPT in the space bar where the 3mm width of the gap is actually irritating now! Check out the photo. (Can someone please confirm they can see the photo I'm attaching? I don't seem to be able to see them).

On  Classic
    Can't see your picture. Make sure you turn on the "Shared Files" option in the app permissions and try again.
    01-22-15 12:37 PM
    You're not wrong either!

On  Classic
    No photos here

Posted via Q10Bold
    01-22-15 12:44 PM
    You're not wrong either!

On  Classic

Photo here now.

On  Classic
    01-22-15 12:49 PM
    Keyboard backlight bleed-bleed.jpg

On  Classic
    01-22-15 12:50 PM
    What the!!! That is hideous! NOW it's bothering you?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 01:14 PM
    That lightbleed above the space bar? Yeah that is not good.
    01-22-15 01:16 PM
    Looks like some chipped paint. Get it replaced!

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-22-15 02:00 PM
    What the!!! That is hideous! NOW it's bothering you?

Posted via CB10
    I know what you're thinking Shawbgt2... unbelievable isn't it?!!

On  Classic
    01-22-15 02:18 PM
    What? Is this a general problem or?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 02:41 PM
    My bleed is negligible. Keep your thumbnails clipped?

Attachment 329067
    01-23-15 01:25 AM
    I have the same thing above the space bar I just realized it...and I have the same problem on the keys situated on each border of the phone...Q, A and alt and the same thing for the other side P,delete and enter...
    I just bought the phone like 2 week ago...

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:35 AM
96 123 ...