I got the same thing on my space bar lol wtf

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 08:11 PM
    I have the exact gap in the exact same place! Does bug me especially typing when it's dark.
    Haha, no offense, I was expecting that...

Have the same issue on my old Torch 9810, I think relative to the width of the belt, the bleed is pretty much on the same spot. :-(

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    02-17-15 08:30 PM
    Well I'm typing this in a dark room and no light bleed. If I had a way to photograph it I would.

My Classic is truly perfect. It happens.

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    02-23-15 10:10 PM
    Mine also have light bleeding. Actually I don't think about it like an issue but a built quality indicator.
    This is the only point where I feel that q10 is still better than classic, the keyboard built. Maybe smaller, but sure better built. (didn't have any double type on my last q10).

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:23 AM
    Wow, that sets a new high for looking at things positively in life!

So, with your logic, if you buy a brand new car delivered to you and notice that there were a lot of dents on it and one door was painted a different color you wouldn't mind because these things don't take away from functionality of the car!?!?!?

And, you would call the dents "brilliant" because you wouldn't then have to worry any more about parking your brand new car in tight parking spots being afraid that people would dent it with their shopping carts!?!?!?
    Your analogy is flawed. Dents in an automobile do in fact take away from a vehicle's functionality: it increases potential for rust. Secondly, there is absolutely no reason for a door to be left painted a different colour, but there is a clear design intent in allowing backlighting to flow out around the keys, and it is in fact useful.

To use the car analogy, you're complaining about a vehicle having a manual transmission instead of an automatic transmission and you don't want to be bothered shifting gears. Therefore it's obviously a cheap and inferior product.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:53 AM
    I returned the classic and bought a Q10 but then returned that too for a Z30. I love the Z30. This device could have a better processor and better camera but it's the best of the old and the new worlds in my honest opinion.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:46 PM
    The little lines of light between keys is inevitable. My Q10 has always had some visible slivers of light between every key, so did my Tour, 9800, 9810, Pearl, Pearl 3G, Bold 9700, Passport, and every BlackBerry keyboard I've used. It will be on the Classic too. Why? Because they all do, every single one. When you have individual keys that require back lighting, there will probably be light that comes through. Is it more visible on some devices than others? Yeah. So what.

Some of the problems in here are legit, like the light between the tool belt and screen or between the keyboard and tool belt; that's unnecessary and would bother me too, especially because that scenario looks like a defect. However, the light between keys is something to be expected. On my Q10, the light between the keys makes a nearly perfect grid around around the keys, it actually looks cool.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:30 PM
    I don't have the said bleed between the screen and the tool belt on my classic. But plenty of those between the keys on keyboard. I pulled out my q10 and bold9900 to compare, and the older models did not have this issue. I think it is a manufacturing quality issue with Foxconn. Those older models (at least mine) were made in BlackBerry factories in Mexico. This defect doesn't bother me a lot, but I am sadly reminded of it whenever I use the phone in dark environment. It's quite obvious now that I have come to know about it.
    berryHermit likes this.
    03-01-15 01:55 PM
    And the buttons on the tool belt seem to be rather loose compared to my bold9900. The plastic material used on the trackpad also seems to be lower quality - it already has more fine scratches (after 2 weeks) than my bold (which I used for than 2 years).... overall in terms of hardware quality, the classic is a poorer experience than the bold.
    03-01-15 02:02 PM
    And the buttons on the tool belt seem to be rather loose compared to my bold9900. The plastic material used on the trackpad also seems to be lower quality - it already has more fine scratches (after 2 weeks) than my bold (which I used for than 2 years).... overall in terms of hardware quality, the classic is a poorer experience than the bold.
    Same here. Even the back glass with the camera, flash and Classic branding has developed a lot of fine scratches. It's been two weeks and I'm really careful with my phone. Moreover it's always inside the BlackBerry leather pocket when not in use. Dunno how I got them...:'(

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:15 PM
    It's definitely chipped paint on the edges of the keys, reflecting the light. I just took my brand new Classic out of the box and mine slightly only has this flaw...gives it character I suppose.

If anything slightly bothers me about my classic is the placing of the LED lights that illuminate the keyboard. Some letters seem brighter than others...but they still all light up at least.

Use your phone in the daylight when the backlight is off. Isn't it beautiful?

Posted via Ocarina the Classic
    Last edited by dmsbang; 03-04-15 at 12:59 AM.
    03-03-15 10:02 PM
    Also anyone noticed the paint chipping where the charger port is. Why didn't they just do the whole frame metal?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 03:18 AM
    Also anyone noticed the paint chipping where the charger port is. Why didn't they just do the whole frame metal?

Posted via CB10
    Likely for radio performance.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 04:24 AM
    Likely for radio performance.

Posted via CB10
    True but the whole frame on the passport is metal?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 04:35 AM
    Every BlackBerry keyboard I currently own and previously owned all have / had a degree of 'light bleed' between some or all keys. My Q10, Passport, and Classic all have some level of light between some, if not all keys. So did my Torch devices, etc... I completely don't care that this exists. It's inevitable in my mind, impossible to avoid this. Therefore I have decided it isn't to be considered an issue for myself. I guess I'm lucky. In a world of trivial problems, I choose to look at keyboard 'light bleed' as an indication reminding me how nothing is ever perfect.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 08:27 PM
    Chipped paint on the edge of the keys causing the bleed reflection from the LED on a brand new device shouldn't be acceptable...also my letter C, N, M are brighter than everything else and the V, B are dull...

03-06-15 10:54 PM
    ..da ****??? Return it!! Run!!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:57 AM
    No chipped paint on passport so if you have chipped paint return it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-07-15 03:43 AM
    Foxconn in China made these phones. They are only about $399-$419 brand new. If they were built more premium, they'd cost $500-$600. Take it for what you will...

03-08-15 10:33 AM
    VZW classic from early batch - no noticeable light bleed anywhere hopefully it stays that way. The keyboard feels less premium than the Q10 or Passport but still really nice. The rear cover feels cheap and plasticky.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:16 PM
    Anyone else here able to say that they have a flawless "light bleed free" Classic keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 06:31 PM
96 ... 234