Hi, I just want to know if I could turn off the keyboard backlight in classic? It's good but when I use it in dark; I can see light coming out of the space between screen and trackpad. It can be ignored though.

I've seen a review in which the reviewer points out the same thing, I'm trying to find that. Will share the link.

Anyone else facing same problem? Or is it like this on every Classic?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 03:00 AM
    If you manage to turn off the keyboard light in dark, you will no longer see the keys themself while typing..

Do you really want that? I would not want that my self.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 03:10 AM
    It's not that I don't like the backlight while using it in dark sometimes that light which I mentioned above is quite annoying so I thought it would be like having an option to close it if I really want to(Which is quite absurd I know).

Basically the problem isn't backlight but that light coming out of the space, I will share pictures; It'll provide better pictures of what I'm trying to say here.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:11 AM
    It's not that I don't like the backlight while using it in dark sometimes that light which I mentioned above is quite annoying so I thought it would be like having an option to close it if I really want to(Which is quite absurd I know).

Basically the problem isn't backlight but that light coming out of the space, I will share pictures; It'll provide better pictures of what I'm trying to say here.

Posted via CB10
    No backlight from that little space on mine
    11-24-15 09:09 AM
    Then why not simply set your screen time out for a shorter time. This also impact the keyboard back light

>Settings > Display > Screen Timeout

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 01:59 PM
    I had the same problem with light "leaking" and send it back to the store and the gave me a new one.
    I think that you should follow the same procedure if you are under guarantee.
    11-28-15 10:03 AM
    Well it's not in warranty anymore so I can't return, all I've now is to ignore it and enjoy my BlackBerry Classic.

This thread actually provides better picture of what I'm trying to say here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=995539

Is there any other solution that might work except returning the phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 12:36 PM
    I'd love love love to disable the backlight on my passport too. When I'm playing games, every time I touch the screen the keys light up unnecessarily.

Mind you if blackberry had added the two little dots to the keyboard to help vision impaired users, I wouldn't need or want the backlight at all

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-28-15 12:44 PM
    If you manage to turn off the keyboard light in dark, you will no longer see the keys themself while typing..

Do you really want that? I would not want that my self.

Posted via CB10
    It would be nice to have the option in the quicksettings dropdown: on/off/auto. Then again, too many settings can make the experience messy (I wish settings syncced with my BB ID).

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 02:42 PM