I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts about their anticipation of the BlackBerry classic. For me, the reason I don't use a bold is because bb7 sucks compared to bb10. Even with bb10 not being "mature" or "refined."

I mostly do text based stuff, so I love the keyboard. But browsing the Web and the new apps for bb10 blow bb7 away in my opinion.

Anyone with me???????????????????
    AthenaSmith and anon(870071) like this.
    06-07-14 07:26 PM
    I used every Bold except the 9650. The Q10 is the best for me, and I don't miss the trackpad... but I do miss the other buttons they're bringing back, and I know I'll use the trackpad again on the Classic.

I could be fine with my Q10 for a while, but the bigger size of the Classic is what I'm looking forward to. I can only imagine how great a bigger keyboard and screen will be, plus a larger battery and faster/better internals? Sounds like my next dream phone, though the Q10 was my dream phone-- and it has delivered.

I hope they keep the styling that has made the Bold and Q10 so iconic. I don't like the sharpness of the Z30 and Windermere's styling, at least in the photos I've seen. The rounded corners make the Q10 very comfortable to hold and I hope that isn't lost on BlackBerry. People who still use the Q10 use something very similar to the early BlackBerry phones, and thus I'm inclined to believe that the majority of us aren't big on major design changes. I hope BlackBerry keeps this in mind, and doesn't put out something too visually different than what we're all used to.

The recent re-release of the 9900 on Shop BlackBerry is alarming...as the price point it's at shows that BlackBerry doesn't understand that charging top dollar for a three year old device isn't a good idea... it makes me wary for the future, and I'm bracing myself for new examples of BlackBerry coming up with not-so-good ideas..like drastically overhauling their devices' designs.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-07-14 07:50 PM
    I just don't get why they're bringing back the track pad.
    Thats why we have swipe gestures and touch screen to replace trackpad.

The only reasonable thing for me that people complain about is when they select and highlight a text. Yes they have a problem with it... but track pad doesn't really needed for that. BlackBerry will just have to re optimize that feature within BlackBerry 10 os.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:55 PM
    I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts about their anticipation of the BlackBerry classic. For me, the reason I don't use a bold is because bb7 sucks compared to bb10. Even with bb10 not being "mature" or "refined."

I mostly do text based stuff, so I love the keyboard. But browsing the Web and the new apps for bb10 blow bb7 away in my opinion.

Anyone with me???????????????????
    And your point is? The Classic will have BB10...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-07-14 08:12 PM

The only reasonable thing for me that people complain about is when they select and highlight a text. Yes they have a problem with it... but track pad doesn't really needed for that. BlackBerry will just have to re optimize that feature within BlackBerry 10 os.

Posted via CB10
    Um... yah... There isn't a single touchscreen in the world where selecting text (especially those close to the edges of the screen) isn't a hassle... If it's not a problem for you, great, don't get the classic and keep not understanding why others are not exactly like you. But for those of us who care about that, we'll enjoy the return of the trackpad. But for me, I'm more excited for the call send/end buttons than anything else.

06-07-14 08:15 PM
    Just curious, did you know that on BB10 you can place your cursor, hold shift and swipe on the text field with another finger to emulate trackpad selection?
    06-07-14 08:27 PM
    For many of us, if it dosn't have a track pad (belt) and physical keyboard it's not a Blackberry. You buy the BB you want and SOON I may be able to buy the one I want.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 09:09 PM
    Just curious, did you know that on BB10 you can place your cursor, hold shift and swipe on the text field with another finger to emulate trackpad selection?
    Actually, no I didn't, I just tried it and it's alright, much better than trying to peck at the edge of the screen, but still a little bit hit or miss. Like the cursor will move up or down just a bit too sensitive. If they could fix that part of it, it would work better. Also, it still won't allow for the placing of the cursor without selection, so if the beginning of your selection is still in an odd place it's still quite a pain even with this band-aid...

anon(870071) likes this.
    06-07-14 09:37 PM
    My dream phone would be a bigger version of the Bold 9900 (for hardware) but running on BB10 (for software).

I just love the Bold 9900's look -- curved keyboard, brushed stainless steel band, trackpad, function keys/utility belt, removable battery. Just give it a bigger screen, better camera, and the latest software, then that's it for me.

Posted via CB10
    anon8091350 likes this.
    06-07-14 10:36 PM
    I could be fine with my Q10 for a while, but the bigger size of the Classic is what I'm looking forward to. I can only imagine how great a bigger keyboard and screen will be, plus a larger battery and faster/better internals? Sounds like my next dream phone, though the Q10 was my dream phone-- and it has delivered.
    Where did you hear the classic will be bigger? The only rumored bigger QWERTY device is the Windermere, which isn't the classic; it won't have the tool belt.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-07-14 10:46 PM
    Where did you hear the classic will be bigger? The only rumored bigger QWERTY device is the Windermere, which isn't the classic; it won't have the tool belt.

Posted via CB10
    The screen size for the Classic is confirmed to be 3.5". The Q10's screen is 3.1". So with a bigger screen, and the tool belt, you can safely assume that it will be a slightly bigger device.

06-07-14 10:50 PM
    Yep, that's the only way to live with touch. It does "work". Now, go try that a LOT and see how your patience endures. I never could see how it is "superior" to track selection. Different strokes, ya kno....
    06-08-14 03:15 PM
    10 has great potential. It's still maturing but BBRY, and others, have done their best to leave 7 in the dust. Software will force my 9930's retirement well before the hardware is done, IMO. The Q20 could just be Nirvana for 9900 users hoping for a device that represents a true upgrade. Still waiting to see one, tho. I, for one, would be MOST happy with a 9900 form factor upgraded to modern guts and OS. The Q20's size worries me most. I, for one, don't feel the need to lug around a 100" flat panel on my hip.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    06-08-14 03:26 PM
    While I like the track pad for navigating text, I for one am more excited about the physical call and end buttons on the tool belt. If they came up with an option to turn a couple of the physical keys on the Q10 into these buttons, I'd probably be fine getting a Q10 right now.
    06-09-14 09:23 AM
    Um... yah... There isn't a single touchscreen in the world where selecting text (especially those close to the edges of the screen) isn't a hassle... If it's not a problem for you, great, don't get the classic and keep not understanding why others are not exactly like you. But for those of us who care about that, we'll enjoy the return of the trackpad. But for me, I'm more excited for the call send/end buttons than anything else.

That made sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 04:03 AM