Don't send it back! That is actually intended! That "extension" cutout is meant to be left of your speaker, otherwise it would interfere with the proximity sensor. Just check some other brands on ebay and Amazon, they all are designed to have cut-outs on the left, just a few brands offer an additional cutout for the camera.

So in short: The product you got is ok, you just applied it the wrong way!

As for the bubbles, where are they located? Along the top right corner by accident? I'm using a similar screen protector, just like a couple of other folks here, we all got three bubbles:
    Left of the sensors, top bezel right (basically where the LED is) and the on the right bezel just below the second bubble.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the information.

So there is a sensor on the left side of the speaker that is effected by the tempered glass. That would mean the Seidio's would cover 1/2 the camera causing distortion if the glass was centered side to side.

When I first installed it and pulled it off, my finger print stuck to one corner and that is where the big bubble is.

David said he was going to add a camera hole to the existing product. So, I will wait and see what happens.
    05-01-15 12:12 PM
    Mod can you please

Change Title to "Anybody using Tempered Glass Protector on the Classic?"
    05-01-15 12:14 PM
    I just started using one. There's a little bubble in the top left because the protector either wasn't completely flat or maybe I somehow accidentally bent it. Otherwise, it's pretty nice. Feels good, doesn't smudge much, and has even improved swipe-up gesture accuracy for me. Not perfect but feels a lot better than a film protector.

From a Classic
    What brand? and can you post a picture?
    05-01-15 12:18 PM
    Well looks like this thread might help others.

Anybody else brand and how it fits?
    05-01-15 12:23 PM
    It's the wrong one, simple as that. Look at the pictures of how it's supposed to look for the Classic. Notice the top cut-out for the speaker is completely different...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I know but like talking to a wall?
    Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:13 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: RE: [Ticket#943-0163] Seido Vitreo Tempered Glass

Hello Dean,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. After reviewing your picture, it was determined that the VITREO screen guard is not defective. The screen guard is made to be a bit smaller than the actual screen, therefore this prevents the screen guard from lifting or creating bubbles when used with a case. We would suggest that you center the screen guard since it is slightly off to the side.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service
    05-01-15 05:22 PM
    I know but like talking to a wall?
    It looks like they are only looking at the size. I guess it was thought that your complaint is that it is "defective" so the rep was focused on that. Being the wrong product isn't "defective" so technically he's not wrong. I think if you would say that it was for the wrong phone they would probably realize it. Sometimes when you put out an expectation, they tunnel vision to that.

05-01-15 05:41 PM
    I have three of these all direct from Seidio on three different Classics. Fit as shown is as designed.
    Of note this design allows use of the screen protector with the Surface case. All works together nicely.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 06:56 PM
    I have three of these all direct from Seidio on three different Classics. Fit as shown is as designed.
    Of note this design allows use of the screen protector with the Surface case. All works together nicely.

Posted via CB10
    Using a tempered glass and a screen protector? Is your as advertised with the camera hole?
    05-01-15 07:47 PM
    OP give Inskin Canada a try, I didn't get one for a Classic but I got one for my Xperia Z1 and it fit like a glove, and I'm pretty sure they make them for the Classic!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-15 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Weird, how come the image they show in their ads look so different?

05-01-15 08:13 PM
    I tried 1 (not this company) from an amazon third party seller for a passport and it wasn't wide enough. Emailed them and they refunded the money no hassles.

Got a different one in the mail right now. Their ad showed it fit the passport perfect so we will see

Z30 10.3.1.2708
    05-01-15 09:25 PM
    I tried 1 (not this company) from an amazon third party seller for a passport and it wasn't wide enough. Emailed them and they refunded the money no hassles.

Got a different one in the mail right now. Their ad showed it fit the passport perfect so we will see

Z30 10.3.1.2708
    I wonder why it is so difficult to make a pattern? It isn't like they don't have a tool to lazier the profile in. Idiots that don't make a prototype before doing production. It's because when things were order off show it took 6 months by the time the sample came back and you go back and forth making changes and approving the part. Now days it's all done by the hip.

Needs to be more stuff made in USA. That is way the US economy not the leader in products.
    05-01-15 11:07 PM
    I just checked the Seidio website and see what you mean, there clearly is a visible cutout for the camera, your's obviously doesn't have it. It looks much more like my previous screen protector.

Anyways, I just applied a new tempered glass one a couple of minutes ago and I guess it looks just like your Seidio one is *supposed* to look.
    Just wondering if anybody using Seidio Vitreo Tempered Glass-img_20150502_142933.jpg

Posted via CB10

Btw, the screen glass of my Classic isn't 100% flat, the first time I've ever encountered something like this on a modern day phone. Pretty disappointing, I am actually thinking about sending it back now, too many problems appeared over a too short period of time.
    05-02-15 07:34 AM
    It's a shame Seidio's customer service rep did not take the time to review the picture I sent. As Slagman pointed out it is clearly mispackaged.

In any case it is being returned.

It amazes me that items are mispackaged or made incorrectly. How hard is it to make a pattern from a lazier accurate machine?

It use to take months to get something made off shore. Design, samples and approving. Sometimes an occasional visit or 2. Not any more everything done by email.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:26 AM
    It's a shame Seidio's customer service rep did not take the time to review the picture I sent. As Slagman pointed out it is clearly mispackaged.

In any case it is being returned.

It amazes me that items are mispackaged or made incorrectly. How hard is it to make a pattern from a lazier accurate machine?

It use to take months to get something made off shore. Design, samples and approving. Sometimes an occasional visit or 2. Not any more everything done by email.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm judging by how their product picture looks, not having seen the real thing myself. Someone else here says he/she has bought it from Seidio directly and they are like that, and they are thinner because they were meant to be used with their case. Maybe that's the case. The actual screen that's active is not as wide as the entire screen, as there is a bit of a bezel around it. So it's possible that's just how it is and their product image is wrong...

05-02-15 11:30 AM
    I like the tempered glass feel almost looks like factory. Noot's is .33mm thick and is still below the Surface case edge. I have dropped this phone more times in the past 5 months then the prior 4+ years with my 99. Must be heavier weight and size.
    05-02-15 12:48 PM
    Received a reply fro Seidio today
    RE: [Ticket#943-0163] Seido Vitreo Tempered Glass
    Hello Dean,

Please accept our apology for the experience you encountered while calling in for assistance. After checking with our product development team, they have confirmed that the screen guard that you received is not defective. The VITREO was slightly redesigned and no longer has the hole. We will have someone adjust the picture on the website. We sincerely apologize for the confusion.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service
    05-05-15 06:42 PM
    Received a reply fro Seidio today
    Yah, it made no sense why the picture was so different...

05-05-15 08:07 PM
    I just checked the Seidio website and see what you mean, there clearly is a visible cutout for the camera, your's obviously doesn't have it. It looks much more like my previous screen protector.

Anyways, I just applied a new tempered glass one a couple of minutes ago and I guess it looks just like your Seidio one is *supposed* to look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150502_142933.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	350643

Posted via CB10

Btw, the screen glass of my Classic isn't 100% flat, the first time I've ever encountered something like this on a modern day phone. Pretty disappointing, I am actually thinking about sending it back now, too many problems appeared over a too short period of time.
    What brand are you using? Any problems?
    05-06-15 04:34 PM
    What brand are you using? Any problems?
    No brand is actually printed on the blister, however it is sold by Voguecase on Amazon Germany. The screen protector is fine, but the Classic isn't. My unit's screen glass isn't 100% flat and leaves airbubbles no matter how hard I try on three spots.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 01:02 AM
    No brand is actually printed on the blister, however it is sold by Voguecase on Amazon Germany. The screen protector is fine, but the Classic isn't. My unit's screen glass isn't 100% flat and leaves airbubbles no matter how hard I try on three spots.

Posted via CB10
    If the protector is glass, bubbles are the result of dust...

Mr4aces likes this.
    05-07-15 12:16 PM
    Wrong, zero dust there. Other members also reported airbubbles at exactly the same spots. Also when viewing the naked screen under a lightsource, you can see slight bedings of the reflections in the areas where the bubbles are located. It is BlackBerrys fault here, already contacted the shop and will send it back soon.

Besides, my tempered glass protector on the Passport caught a dust particle underneath, no bubble, just the particle pressed onto the screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:36 PM
    Wrong, zero dust there. Other members also reported airbubbles at exactly the same spots. Also when viewing the naked screen under a lightsource, you can see slight bedings of the reflections in the areas where the bubbles are located. It is BlackBerrys fault here, already contacted the shop and will send it back soon.

Besides, my tempered glass protector on the Passport caught a dust particle underneath, no bubble, just the particle pressed onto the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't Corning make the glass for the Classic? If so, they make the glass for a lot of different smartphones. Would be strange if they are not all having the same issue...

05-07-15 12:56 PM
    I had a tiny air bubble it was because of a speck of dust.
    05-07-15 06:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    I see what you mean about the Classic's Screen is not flat. I have tried 2 tempered glass protectors with .33mm. I have a bubble in the lower right hand side.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:38 PM
59 123