WHY doesn't the track pad light up? I would really want an answer for this. What was the reason behind it.
    And WHY can't we paste using the Shift + Trackpad? Well this is software related and can be changed over time but for a phone that's 'classic' and aiming to replace Bold 9900 again such a basic mistake at launch ?

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-17-14 01:12 PM
    WHY do you need the trackpad to light up? What's the light gonna do for you? NOTHING

And where do you read that you can't use Shift + Trackpad to paste so I can read it.
    12-17-14 01:20 PM
    Software is still very much a work in progress... took a lot to tweak the OS for the Passport and to add some of the keyboard shortcuts for the Classic along with the new toolbar features.. I'm sure more improvements will come.

Light Up Track Pad... sounds like a premium feature that isn't necessary on a workhorse device designed for the rank and file users.... many of whom don't know what a 9900 is. And will be very happy with the performance increases and browsing capabilities that moving from BBOS to BB10 gives them.

This isn't a "flagship" device like the 9900 was, and it isn't meant as a replacement for existing BB10 devices.
    12-17-14 01:21 PM
    WHY doesn't the track pad light up? I would really want an answer for this. What was the reason behind it.
    And WHY can't we paste using the Shift + Trackpad? Well this is software related and can be changed over time but for a phone that's 'classic' and aiming to replace Bold 9900 again such a basic mistake at launch ?

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Believe I saw them demonstrate that move during the live launch show.

As far as lighting the track pad....I think I can find it with no problem even in the dark. Maybe my thumbs are more sensitive?
    12-17-14 01:34 PM
    I am sorry if the Shift + trackpad to paste works.
    It obviously isn't necessary that the trackpad lights up it would have been better that way and BlackBerry can already do that so there is no point not doing it here. I see no reason to not make the trackpad light up. It just looks very beautiful.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-17-14 01:48 PM
    Believe I saw them demonstrate that move during the live launch show.

As far as lighting the track pad....I think I can find it with no problem even in the dark. Maybe my thumbs are more sensitive?
    No, they used the menu key to bring up the option to paste I believe.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-17-14 01:49 PM
    What's the reason all buttons light up? To be able to locate them in the dark.

The trackpad light was the most asked feature before the BB7 range came out.
    12-17-14 03:55 PM
    The trackpad does not light up because there is no light source behind it
    12-17-14 04:57 PM
    The trackpad does not light up because there is no light source behind it
    There never was, the light was around it.
    12-18-14 04:33 AM