Well, like the title says, I just switched from Windows Phone (Lumia 830), and purchased a Blackberry Classic. There are only a couple of things I definitely miss which is the live tiles on the start screen, and the great camera. Outside of those two items, I love the Classic. I did have a blackberry years ago back with OS6.

What a change with BB10. I love the hub. It makes life a whole lot easier for communication. The 'app gap' isn't an issue for me because I only have about a dozen or so on my phone, and they are the common ones, so they are available for every platform. As for the phone itself, I noticed a lot of people complaining about the aged internals, which, I'm sure they have any right to be upset if they have a q10 or z10, however, for someone just moving over/back to Blackberry, its hard to recognize any lack of performance. I find for the most part, the phone runs very well on the dual core. The keyboard is fantastic, and I'm quite impressed with the assistant as well. I also like the screen. It was a concern for me when I went to the store to see it. I wasn't sure if I would like the 1:1, but its quite large for a blackberry, and i'm happy with it.

One of the reasons I came back was the toolbelt. I don't have much need for the trackpad/back/options button, but I do appreciate the call buttons. The phone is a little on the heavier side, but that doesn't bother me. If feels like you are holding a solid phone rather than the cheap plastics that other competitors use. If I could change one thing, it would have to be the camera. I'm sure its not a major concern for blackberry to have a high end camera in their phones, it would be nice to have something with OIS, and a better quality lens. (without moving to the passport).

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, and give my perspective.
    Merry Christmas !!
    12-24-14 06:51 AM
    You're welcomed to #BlackBerryFamily

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:54 AM
    welcome to the BlackBerry/CrackBerry clan. You made the right move. It is all about productivity. The camera is not the best but I have a Z10 and if you play with it you find yourself making better shots than most android devices!

The OS is getting there with and more to come! Keep following the forums. I feel that there must be a leaked OS worth installing in the next days (I hope!)
    12-24-14 06:59 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

Just a few suggestions since you're new here:
    1. The classic is currently running the latest os but when newer os's are released in the former of leaks, I suggest reading instructions about them on the forums and then installing them as it's safe and usually adds new features or improves performance.
    2. Read side loading instructions on the forums and download "Snap". It is the easiest android app Downloader to use. It's free. Unfortunately, you can only download free apps but it includes all free apps from Google Play store (a lot more apps than on your lumia)
    3. Try out Blend if you have a tablet or computer. It allows you to msg (text, email, bbm...etc.), access files, see your calendar and more. You can connect through mobile data, wifi or usb cable.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the Crackberry community!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 07:00 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Definitely try Blend.. very cool!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 07:10 AM
    I just wondered if 10.3.1 has got Flash Player? Not especially Adobe but any. Can you please look for a flash content on the browser?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 08:58 AM
    I just wondered if 10.3.1 has got Flash Player? Not especially Adobe but any. Can you please look for a flash content on the browser?

Posted via CB10
    Not anymore. It was removed in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:06 AM
    welcome back to the family from many years of amnesia....lol
    12-24-14 09:08 AM
    Welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:10 AM
    When BlackBerry gets to full profitability and stability. I guess we will see improvements in camera not just hardware but software but for now software section is the major point for BlackBerry and glad they r excelling at it.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:27 AM
    Welcome back... I was in a similar position and came from iphone 6...

Actually I still have my jailbroken iphone... I just tether the device from my berry...

Life is better with BlackBerry... that should be there slogan

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:32 AM

 Classic
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    12-24-14 10:05 AM
    Welcome back! Feel free to ask any questions, we're here to help.
    12-24-14 10:08 AM