Maybe his video stream lagged at the moment the app was launched. That's all I can think of for thinking it was slow.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:31 PM
    Um did i miss something? It opened up right away? What more do people want!
    World peace and end hunger!
    chopachain and eyesopen1111 like this.
    11-18-14 05:32 PM
    Looks speedy?

Also, you can't measure 'delay' (input latency) from a video like that. Its even at an angle so you can't tell when his finger exactly hits the glass.
    11-18-14 06:00 PM
    I can't believe I am about to post this...

See that moment of time when the screen is completely black... that's what the OP is referring to. It usually happens when the app hasn't been opened yet. If I restart my Passport and open the weather app there is a small delay when it shows only a black screen. Re-opening the app is much faster afterwards, with no black screen at all. I find it odd that some claim they don't notice it or their Passport is identical in speed (never used the weather app have we and didn't try opening it twice eh). It might not be to you but it is rather apparent to me.

reminds me of the computer days when people would pay $500 more for a "souped" up PC that loaded a program 2 seconds faster
    This is me, and I will admit I have spent a good portion of my life waiting for computers to be fast enough that I don't fell like I'm waiting an eternity for things to load. Although, I've had numerous people tell me that I am exceptionally fast at navigating a Windows PC.

Mind control has actually struck me as a good idea every now and then. None of this time wasted moving the mouse or typing on the keys. Jeez, why won't the computer just have things loaded for me before I even know I want them
    11-18-14 07:47 PM
    You don't see the huge delay ??

I'm sarcastic by the way.
    Sorry must have missed it when I blinked

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:12 PM
    Thanks Mirk; that's exactly what I was referring to. On my passport I simply don't get that black screen, the weather app instantly flashes open. I take your point about the restart; that could well explain it.

CB10 on my Passport
    11-18-14 09:01 PM
    iPhone 5S (iOS 8): Weather App
    Boot Time (from tap to content showing): 1.9 second

BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1): Weather App
    Boot Time (from tap to content showing): 1.3 second
    11-18-14 09:01 PM
    You do realise the 6 came out some months ago?

CB10 on my Passport
    11-18-14 09:41 PM
    I'm embarrassed for this thread...
    11-18-14 09:47 PM
    iPhone 5S (iOS 8): Weather App
    Boot Time (from tap to content showing): 1.9 second

BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1): Weather App
    Boot Time (from tap to content showing): 1.3 second
    Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me how critical people can be of BlackBerry, especially since so many other phone providers are guilty of similar faults.

Not enough apps? Has anyone SEEN the Windows Phone app store?

Old specs? All you need to do is Google: "Android iPhone welcome to 2012"

Clunky or buggy or laggy interface? Try ANY Android device!

People seriously need to leave well enough alone and laud BBRY for its merits. Obviously if you're hunting for flaws, you WILL find them!
    11-19-14 01:11 AM
    somebody close this thread
    11-19-14 02:25 AM
    Is that PC using a 1000 rpm Hard drive or something? Really doubt that as technology improved tenfold.

If you don't have an SSD...get one.
    I was sort of joking. Sort of. Point being that even after all these years a fast new PC over time does slow.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    11-19-14 03:21 AM
    I was sort of joking. Sort of. Point being that even after all these years a fast new PC over time does slow.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    PCs don't slow down over time.
    -The OS can get cluttered (thing from the past mostly);
    -Your hard drive can be fragmented badly (also rare these days);
    -The software used on it evolves and brings more functions which requires a bit more resources then before which seems to you that the PC is slower - e.g. the software usually fasts forward.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:58 AM
    Yes, and you do realize the Classic isn't exactly a top tier phone like the iPhone 6 and the 5S is still sold today at a higher price than the Classic right?

The Classic will likely reuse the Q10 or Z30 chipset anyways.

If you find the iPhone 6 or 6+ booting up the weather app, feel free to share it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:30 AM
    Yeah, gotta cut Apple some slack but no excuse for a new BB product to be slow like that. Common use programs or info should be preloaded in the background and be instant.
    11-19-14 07:30 AM
    Any faster and that app would of opened in yesterdays weather.
    11-19-14 08:52 AM
    This thread is silly. The app opened just as fast as any other BB opens it and just as fast as pretty much any other phone. And it's not even considered it's top end product.
    11-19-14 09:02 AM
    First world problems.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:10 AM

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    If you maintain it and do not install all kinds of junk that runs in the background, your PC shouldn't slow down... Try going to msconfig and looking at your startup programs, and also looking through the services running, and the first thing to look for are any programs with the word "helper" in it, close it and turn it off. Get rid of anything else that doesn't need to run continuously. Then watch your computer run like it used to...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-19-14 09:33 AM
    Yeah, gotta cut Apple some slack but no excuse for a new BB product to be slow like that. Common use programs or info should be preloaded in the background and be instant.
    Cut Apple some slack? The Classic is the one getting criticized for loading an app "slowly" when it's nearly instant. Whatta joke.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and playpen007 like this.
    11-19-14 09:44 AM
    Take a look at Mirk's post... instead of denying it's slow

CB10 on my Passport
    11-19-14 09:59 AM
    He provides a plausible explanation and for me that makes the most sense from all the emotional and defensive replies you have been posting.

CB10 on my Passport
    11-19-14 10:00 AM
    There is a very short delay with a black screen; you can't deny that. On my Passport it simply doesn't happen unless the device has just been restarted (as Mirk points out).

CB10 on my Passport
    11-19-14 10:03 AM
    On my Q10 however the weather app is launched with the same black screen irrespective of whether it has been restarted or not.

CB10 on my Passport
    11-19-14 10:04 AM
    Vista tried that, then people just complained that the OS footprint is too large.

Can't win em all.
    11-19-14 10:16 AM
86 1234