Hey Slagman, first off: another 'thank-you' for the well composed and useful Classic tips!

And now I have a question for you... On the Passport, when you have a message open in the Hub, you can go to the next or previous message using a gesture (swipe in from the left and then up or down). This gesture doesn't seem to work on the Classic, though I'm unsure as to why BlackBerry would have removed it. Smaller screen size, maybe? Is there another shortcut or method to do this on the Classic?
    I figured it out... 'N' or 'P' bring you to the next and previous. It seems to my logic that 'next' and 'previous' are backwards, but that's only my opinion. If you're dealing with it as a list from top to bottom, ok. If you're talking chronologically, it seems backwards.

Same as the 'I' and 'O' zooming in and out even though the '+' and '-' keys are on the opposite ones.
    11-29-15 03:46 PM
    The only apps u will need from android are Facebook messenger and instagram
    11-30-15 03:24 AM
    Lol yeah right. The camera on classic sucks bad. I have my Z30 sitting here and I'm really 90% tempted to switch back. The classic is a bare bones BlackBerry with no comparison to the Z30. The Z30 is still by far the best running BlackBerry.

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    Um, the camera on both are identical... o.O

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    11-30-15 10:11 AM
    I figured it out... 'N' or 'P' bring you to the next and previous. It seems to my logic that 'next' and 'previous' are backwards, but that's only my opinion. If you're dealing with it as a list from top to bottom, ok. If you're talking chronologically, it seems backwards.

Same as the 'I' and 'O' zooming in and out even though the '+' and '-' keys are on the opposite ones.
    Oh yah, I think it's an OS thing because I thought I remember that gesture working on my Q10... Anyway, hope you enjoy the phone. :-)

11-30-15 10:14 AM
    Been using my classic for a few days now and I'm just not happy with it. Coming from an iPhone 6 right now.
    so crow likes this.
    11-30-15 10:20 AM
    Why not happy? What are the reasons?
    11-30-15 10:23 AM
    Why not happy? What are the reasons?
    I installed Snap and got most of the apps I use on there.

Google Maps is awful to use on it. It's super slow in comparison to my 6. The default BB maps is faster but a terrible application in itself.

Hub is a beauty. My banking apps from BB World are significant slower than the iOS counterparts. But that's not a huge concern to me.

I love the OS but I can't help but feel less productive on this thing if I can't get access to my maps, banking apps without wasting an extra few minutes for each task.

It genuinely feels like a step backwards from the 6. But I absolutely love the hardware. It feels like a phone and not a children's toy.
    11-30-15 11:38 AM
    I installed Snap and got most of the apps I use on there.

Google Maps is awful to use on it. It's super slow in comparison to my 6. The default BB maps is faster but a terrible application in itself.

Hub is a beauty. My banking apps from BB World are significant slower than the iOS counterparts. But that's not a huge concern to me.

I love the OS but I can't help but feel less productive on this thing if I can't get access to my maps, banking apps without wasting an extra few minutes for each task.

It genuinely feels like a step backwards from the 6. But I absolutely love the hardware. It feels like a phone and not a children's toy.
    Well, android apps are emulated. Almost always means that it'll be slower than if it was running native. If only Google would make it for BB10. Oh well. For what it's worth, I downloaded and installed version 7.0 of the maps, it works much better. They just added more and more junk since then that makes it run crappy. And it's not just BB10, I bought an Android device for Uber (driver) and the google maps is super cluttered and laggy... Other than the voice they use, I prefer the older version 7.0 to the newest version. More simple and less random pop-ups telling you obvious things...

11-30-15 12:39 PM
    It arrived! Time to get busy learning about it and using it day to day
    Just Ordered a Classic-img_20151130_173444.jpg

Z30 wickedness
    11-30-15 07:37 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151130_173444.jpg 
Views:	965 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	382656

Z30 wickedness
    Don't forget to change your crackberry signature

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-30-15 08:09 PM
    Also, thanks a ton for those tips Slagman!

I didn't know the one about long pressing the BlackBerry button, and how that is similar to swiping from the top of the screen!

I'll use that one lots.

(I also saved you're list in notes i'm going to use it every time someone asks about the benefits of a BlackBerry Classic)

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-30-15 08:11 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151130_173444.jpg 
Views:	965 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	382656

Z30 wickedness
    Nice crooked trackpad lol. Gotta love BlackBerry

12-01-15 02:12 AM

Yah, and the camera that's worse than the Z30 or Z10 even though it's the same exact camera right?

undefinederror likes this.
    12-01-15 07:28 AM

Nah. You just want to bash as is evident in this thread and others. There is zero issue with the track pad. Still getting things set up but my new Classic is one very well put together device. The form factor is excellent.
    Just Ordered a Classic-img_20151130_173419.jpg

Z30 wickedness
    12-01-15 11:50 AM
    Nah. You just want to bash as is evident in this thread and others. There is zero issue with the track pad. Still getting things set up but my new Classic is one very well put together device. The form factor is excellent.

Z30 wickedness
    Lol, glad you noticed it too. :-D

12-01-15 12:30 PM
    Ahhh. This keyboard. So damn good.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    12-01-15 01:36 PM
    Lol, glad you noticed it too. :-D

I'm bashing the idiots like yourself that continue to think that BlackBerry is going to succeed

12-01-15 09:16 PM
    I recently switched from android to the classic yesterday! So far so good.. I do like the keyboard and android apps. I sideloaded snap where I can get Google play apps. However I'm not so sure I'm sold on this phone.. suggestions on how I can better adjust?

Posted via CB10
    For starters, don't use Snap if you want Android apps. Go here to set things up:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

and then here for the Play store:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189556

Much better functionality.

The Classic is one of my favorite phones form-factor wise of all time, just needs a faster processor and more RAM.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-01-15 10:09 PM
    Well, android apps are emulated. Almost always means that it'll be slower than if it was running native. If only Google would make it for BB10. Oh well. For what it's worth, I downloaded and installed version 7.0 of the maps, it works much better. They just added more and more junk since then that makes it run crappy. And it's not just BB10, I bought an Android device for Uber (driver) and the google maps is super cluttered and laggy... Other than the voice they use, I prefer the older version 7.0 to the newest version. More simple and less random pop-ups telling you obvious things...

" Your route is clear and you are on the fastest route, you should reach your destination by " . - Tap to dismiss..

Argh!! I hate that

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    12-01-15 10:14 PM
    I'm bashing the idiots like yourself that continue to think that BlackBerry is going to succeed

This guy is right, Nostradamus actually predicted BlackBerry's failure after its release of the Priv. Crazy stuff. However, I'm doubtful he actually knew what exactly he was predicting.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    12-02-15 10:31 AM

Ooh, personal attacks. True sign that you have a solid argument... ;-)

12-02-15 10:36 AM
    " Your route is clear and you are on the fastest route, you should reach your destination by " . - Tap to dismiss..

Argh!! I hate that

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    Exactly, it's so annoying, just get me where I'm going... I like version 7.0 because it works and doesn't do any of that.

12-02-15 10:37 AM
    This guy is right, Nostradamus actually predicted BlackBerry's failure after its release of the Priv. Crazy stuff. However, I'm doubtful he actually knew what exactly he was predicting.

Posted via CB10
    Man, that's crazy stuff! :-D

I think his exact words were: "How could a fruit fail?"

12-02-15 10:38 AM
    I prefer my BlackBerry Classic over anything, including my iPhone 6. The form factor and design is excellent. Hub is fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 12:09 PM
    I prefer my BlackBerry Classic over anything, including my iPhone 6. The form factor and design is excellent. Hub is fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    Ditto to that I've tried bigger screen phones and my hands just hurt at the end of the day. There's nothing like the simplicity of using one hand if need be to use it I find it very difficult to do with slabs.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 04:37 PM
51 123