Hello

Just ordered cobalt blue BlackBerry Classic to replace my passport. Now if I bought straight from BlackBerry will it not support wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 08:54 PM
    Correct. The only models that offer wireless charging are the ones sold by AT&T and Verizon in the US.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-13-15 09:03 PM
    I wonder why an unlocked phone would restrict that option as opposed to getting a carrier specific one

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 10:00 PM
    I wonder why an unlocked phone would restrict that option as opposed to getting a carrier specific one

Posted via CB10
    Because the carriers ordered that specific model.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 10:05 PM
    Oh well. Kinda sucks but what can you do. Thanks for the replies.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 10:08 PM
    Cant you purchase the wireless charging model from those providers outright? If so, order two, I want one as well but I am in Canada

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-13-15 10:59 PM
    Cant you purchase the wireless charging model from those providers outright? If so, order two, I want one as well but I am in Canada
    I know from AT&T you can and through Amazon, maybe you can buy the Verizon one too (in addition to the AT&T one.) Don't know if AT&T ships to Canada, but a Canadian CBer did buy a Passport from them, got the free unlock code and is now using it in Canada.
    07-14-15 12:15 AM
    I haven't seen it yet on the Verizon site

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 01:48 AM
    I know from AT&T you can and through Amazon, maybe you can buy the Verizon one too (in addition to the AT&T one.) Don't know if AT&T ships to Canada, but a Canadian CBer did buy a Passport from them, got the free unlock code and is now using it in Canada.
    Shop BlackBerry Classic does not work for Verizon. Hopefully OP is not with Big Red.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-14-15 02:59 AM
    Shop BlackBerry Classic does not work for Verizon. Hopefully OP is not with Big Red.
    Right. That's why I said Amazon, in response to rebroker2009, who's in Canada. Amazon US sells Verizon and AT&T Classics (and the AT&T Passport) off-contract. I'm not sure if they ship them to Canada though.

Plus the OP can't be on Verizon if he or she is replacing a Passport. There's no Passport that works on Verizon.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-14-15 12:05 PM
    Did anyone notice official Classic Blue render has phone call buttons as separate buttons? How does something like that even slip into the real world?

Just Ordered BlackBerry Classic Blue-classic_blue_front.jpg
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-14-15 12:50 PM
    Right. That's why I said Amazon, in response to rebroker2009, who's in Canada. Amazon US sells Verizon and AT&T Classics (and the AT&T Passport) off-contract. I'm not sure if they ship them to Canada though.

Plus the OP can't be on Verizon if he or she is replacing a Passport. There's no Passport that works on Verizon.
    Touch�. I personally had/have no interest in Passport so I wouldn't know that.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-14-15 01:44 PM
    Did anyone notice official Classic Blue render has phone call buttons as separate buttons? How does something like that even slip into the real world?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic_blue_front.jpg 
Views:	1380 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	362470
    Yeah, noticed that when it was announced. Wish it were true. Who the hell fudges that. Just take a bloody photo of the device, it's easier than rendering.
    07-14-15 02:25 PM

Nah I have ATT. I didn't know they weren't available yet for the US. They are shipping it from Indiana which seemed strange to me.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 06:55 PM
    Nah I have ATT. I didn't know they weren't available yet for the US. They are shipping it from Indiana which seemed strange to me.
    The blue ones? I was able to add one to my cart and get through the shopping process all the way up until submitting my order.

Make sure you are shopping ShopBB US, and not ShopBB Canada or whatever.
    07-14-15 07:53 PM
    Ahhhhh. I want one soooo bad and I am due for an upgrade from my carrier. They of course only have black.

Outside of doing a skuzzy buy and return opposite unit scenario does anyone have any idea how I can get the blue one?

As a note I am NOT going to pull the above move. The blue Classic looks sooo good.

Ahh well I guess. Life goes on

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:22 PM
    Ahhhhh. I want one soooo bad and I am due for an upgrade from my carrier. They of course only have black.

Outside of doing a skuzzy buy and return opposite unit scenario does anyone have any idea how I can get the blue one?
    If your upgrade is a subsidized phone, you can get an iPhone or some other high priced phone that's nicely discounted and then sell it off contract for close to the retail price (maybe put in a little money to get it unlocked to increase your target buyer market.) Then use that money to buy the blue Classic. You'll still probably end up pocketing some money.

Example:

iPhone 6: $700 retail/off-contract price, $200 subsidized from carrier
    Sell for: $600-625, make $400-425
    Buy blue Classic for $380: you still end up with $20-45 profit.

(I have no idea what the actual numbers are; I'm just using them to demonstrate an idea. Plus I didn't factor in taxes.)

What carriers care about is you re-upping and the phone getting paid off--which, in a contract scenario, is you not bailing on the contract. Please don't screw the end buyer by bailing on the contract
    Avenzuno and curves2000 like this.
    07-14-15 10:14 PM
    The blue ones? I was able to add one to my cart and get through the shopping process all the way up until submitting my order.

Make sure you are shopping ShopBB US, and not ShopBB Canada or whatever.
    Yeah I thought the same thing as well but it's BlackBerry shop US.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 10:35 PM
    Still not sure if the blue will persuade to totally give up the passport. I do miss the Q10 as far as one handed functionality that the passport cannot offer. We will see tomorrow how much I like it or its going up for sale. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 10:40 PM
    If your upgrade is a subsidized phone, you can get an iPhone or some other high priced phone that's nicely discounted and then sell it off contract for close to the retail price (maybe put in a little money to get it unlocked to increase your target buyer market.) Then use that money to buy the blue Classic. You'll still probably end up pocketing some money.

Example:

iPhone 6: $700 retail/off-contract price, $200 subsidized from carrier
    Sell for: $600-625, make $400-425
    Buy blue Classic for $380: you still end up with $20-45 profit.

(I have no idea what the actual numbers are; I'm just using them to demonstrate an idea. Plus I didn't factor in taxes.)

What carriers care about is you re-upping and the phone getting paid off--which, in a contract scenario, is you not bailing on the contract. Please don't screw the end buyer by bailing on the contract

Thanks a million for the advice!

Truthfully I have explained the above scenario to multiple friends but for whatever reason it actually didn't occur for me this time! I must be blinded with a foggy brain after seeing that blue Classic!

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:50 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic_blue_front.jpg 
Views:	1380 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	362470
    I don't know how something like that could slip into the real world. I remember real world photos from a white Classic prototype which actually featured the seperated buttons. Maybe a blue counterpart existed and the used it to create the official marketing images? Either way, they should've used the final variant for sure, as this is what we, the customers, get when opening the box.
    07-15-15 03:57 PM
    I got the Blue Classic to replace the Passport. But the Classic is slower and the screen is tiny compared to the passport. I guess I will return the Classic... any reasons I should keep it....?

Posted by a BlackBerry Passport
    07-15-15 04:17 PM
    I got the Blue Classic to replace the Passport. But the Classic is slower and the screen is tiny compared to the passport. I guess I will return the Classic... any reasons I should keep it....?

Did you realized speed and screen differences before you ordered Classic? So what did you try to find in the Blue one?

In my case I prefer portability, one handed typing and trackpad.

For bigger screen and better performance like speed and battery you should keep passport.

I saying this as a former passport user and Blue Classic lover

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the input. Knew about it before I was just sure about the impact it would have for me. Might give it another try.

Are you typing as well on the Classic as you did on the Passport?

07-15-15 05:18 PM
    Thanks for the input. Knew about it before I was just sure about the impact it would have for me. Might give it another try.

Are you typing as well on the Classic as you did on the Passport?

The Q10 for me was a lot faster typing than the passport. I want the classic for one handed typing and functionality. The swiping up for text and the keyboard scrolling will be something I'm not sure I can adjust too. I might just keep both. Plus the blue is something different you don't see much.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 06:15 PM
32 12