Really impressed with the device. Keyboard is great. Getting used to trackpad, but is a very familiar feeling. Will not take long.

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx, conbrio29 and Livermore like this.
    02-09-16 03:14 PM
    Should make a nice companion for your Passport.....
    02-09-16 03:24 PM
    Enjoy it. I absolutely love mine.

Posted via Classic
    02-09-16 03:45 PM
    It a great phone love mine

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 09:00 PM
    Can't go wrong with the classic great keyboard and superb performance.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 09:42 PM
    Just purchased mine through T-mo. My Q10 has been through too many surgeries. It's time I retire this little beast, but it will still be my backup phone.

Can't wait for the classic, a slightly bigger screen, keyboard and the size of the overall device is what made me get it. If T-mo released the passport then that might be my next phone. For now, I know I'll be happy with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 03:48 AM
    Just went through my first 24 hours. Really happy with the device.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 12:00 PM
    Just purchased mine through T-mo. My Q10 has been through too many surgeries. It's time I retire this little beast, but it will still be my backup phone.

Can't wait for the classic, a slightly bigger screen, keyboard and the size of the overall device is what made me get it. If T-mo released the passport then that might be my next phone. For now, I know I'll be happy with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    I had the Q10 too, and if you liked your Q10, you're going to love the Classic. It's a perfect blend of the past (trackpad and classic style, no pun intended) and the future (BlackBerry 10).

I love my SE Passport, but I love my Classic just as much, even though it doesn't have "as good" of specs, which really doesn't matter to me because I don't run any Android apps, so performance isn't bogged down or anything on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 09:29 PM
    I returned a Priv I had ordered from ShopBlackberry. I just simply love my Classic and it really fits all of my needs.

Posted via Classic
    02-10-16 11:10 PM
    I returned a Priv I had ordered from ShopBlackberry. I just simply love my Classic and it really fits all of my needs.

Posted via Classic
    I can relate. I have an SE Passport and am thinking of returning it as the Classic also really fits all of my needs.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 12:24 AM
    I dunno. The Classic seems pointless to me, with all of its style and facelifts it is still only as powerful as a Q10. They way they presented the phone seemed like it would have at least some upgrade in power.
    02-11-16 01:05 AM
    I dunno. The Classic seems pointless to me, with all of its style and facelifts it is still only as powerful as a Q10. They way they presented the phone seemed like it would have at least some upgrade in power.
    Yeah not sure why they didn't upgrade to the same processor as the Z30.... little faster and better GPU. But still just middle of the road at that point.

But I think the Classic was built to fit a "price", that it was believed for some reason that enterprise wanted.
    02-11-16 09:28 AM
    I have the Q10 and the differences that made the Classic worthwhile to me are the screen (amoled vs LCD), tool belt which I do use, better keyboard feel and weight. My Classic seems to run Android apps a lot smoother too. The Q10 feels more like a Curve to me whilst the Classic is like the Bold. And I have owned both too.

Posted via Classic
    02-11-16 11:16 AM
    So if you had a circuit board with the fastest processor and 20gb of RAM and 3TB of storage, but no keyboard, buttons, screens or anything, you'd prefer that to having a phone that works? The point of the Classic is that the way you operate it is much better than the Q10 and all-touch phones thanks to the toolbelt and larger keyboard...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-11-16 01:41 PM
    Yeah not sure why they didn't upgrade to the same processor as the Z30.... little faster and better GPU. But still just middle of the road at that point.

But I think the Classic was built to fit a "price", that it was believed for some reason that enterprise wanted.
    The Classic with Z30 internals would have been nice. Oh well, it's still the best phone I've ever owned so far, so I guess I'll manage...

skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-11-16 01:42 PM
    I had the Q10 too, and if you liked your Q10, you're going to love the Classic. It's a perfect blend of the past (trackpad and classic style, no pun intended) and the future (BlackBerry 10).

I love my SE Passport, but I love my Classic just as much, even though it doesn't have "as good" of specs, which really doesn't matter to me because I don't run any Android apps, so performance isn't bogged down or anything on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you man. My classic got delivered today. One good thing about the non-removable battery, is that you no longer need a credit card or a small piece of folded paper to hold the battery in place.

With the Q10, after a while, a small drop will cause the battery to come loose and restart the phone. That was so inconvenient. The Classic has louder speakers, which is a plus.

The classic will definitely keep my productiveness going.

now where to find a good bumper case for it, lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 06:34 PM
    I have really enjoyed my BlackBerry Classic. Bought it off of Amazon, used. I previously used a Z30 and didn't realize there is a difference is the SIM card sizes. Had to got get a small one from Verizon and then I bought a SIM adapter so that I could continue to switch between phones in the future. Keyboard and battery are fantastic on the classic. Also enjoy the ability to use a SD card. Enjoy yours!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 06:48 PM

Yeah you're right. I guess for what the OS was built around, these specs are efficient (and sufficient) enough. I do wonder though if any of the BB10 phones could handle a more updated Android runtime if it was ever so decided to be updated.

I have the Q10 and the differences that made the Classic worthwhile to me are the screen (amoled vs LCD), tool belt which I do use, better keyboard feel and weight. My Classic seems to run Android apps a lot smoother too. The Q10 feels more like a Curve to me whilst the Classic is like the Bold. And I have owned both too.

Posted via Classic
    I see your point. I guess I will give my Classic another go and see if I fall for it. Though I did a side-by-side comparison of my Q10 and Classic and the Q10 has a much brighter screen on the lowest brightness settings than on the Classic on its lowest. When reading the Hub, it is much brighter and easier to see on the Q10 on lowest brightness. Just an observation.

So if you had a circuit board with the fastest processor and 20gb of RAM and 3TB of storage, but no keyboard, buttons, screens or anything, you'd prefer that to having a phone that works? The point of the Classic is that the way you operate it is much better than the Q10 and all-touch phones thanks to the toolbelt and larger keyboard...

You are basically implying that phones with such specs wouldn't work because they did not feature keyboards and buttons? The ones that have been selling in the market for years now? I wasn't meaning that at all, why would I want a phone that is just raw power but no screen lol. Also, the toolbet operating better is your opinion. It doesn't hold for everyone as we have our own definition of what makes a phone easiest to operate.

I was trying to say that a phone that was touted as a flagship before the Passport came along should have had better specs than its sister phone it was succeeding. In fact I wonder what all that weight is for if it is not just for a bigger battery.
    02-11-16 09:19 PM
    I have really enjoyed my BlackBerry Classic. Bought it off of Amazon, used. I previously used a Z30 and didn't realize there is a difference is the SIM card sizes. Had to got get a small one from Verizon and then I bought a SIM adapter so that I could continue to switch between phones in the future. Keyboard and battery are fantastic on the classic. Also enjoy the ability to use a SD card. Enjoy yours!

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe in this day and age companies would make phones you couldn't upgrade the storage for *smh*. Can we put this in the Amendments somewhere, the right to more storage? Lol.
    Last edited by skinnymike1; 02-11-16 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Space between "?" and "Lol".
    02-11-16 09:23 PM
    Yeah you're right. I guess for what the OS was built around, these specs are efficient (and sufficient) enough. I do wonder though if any of the BB10 phones could handle a more updated Android runtime if it was ever so decided to be updated.
    Google has actually made Android more efficient, and able to run on pretty low specification.

But either way I don't think you need worry about updates to the Android runtime....
    02-12-16 07:54 AM

I see your point. I guess I will give my Classic another go and see if I fall for it. Though I did a side-by-side comparison of my Q10 and Classic and the Q10 has a much brighter screen on the lowest brightness settings than on the Classic on its lowest. When reading the Hub, it is much brighter and easier to see on the Q10 on lowest brightness. Just an observation.

You are basically implying that phones with such specs wouldn't work because they did not feature keyboards and buttons? The ones that have been selling in the market for years now? I wasn't meaning that at all, why would I want a phone that is just raw power but no screen lol. Also, the toolbet operating better is your opinion. It doesn't hold for everyone as we have our own definition of what makes a phone easiest to operate.

I was trying to say that a phone that was touted as a flagship before the Passport came along should have had better specs than its sister phone it was succeeding. In fact I wonder what all that weight is for if it is not just for a bigger battery.
    I'm not sure if you just don't understand what I was saying, but you pretty much implied that if it doesn't have flagship specs that it can't be good to use. There's more to a phone than what's inside. The way you interface with it makes more of a difference than how many GHz the CPU is. And yes, a toolbelt being better is specific to me and some others. But I have yet to find anyone who could accomplish things faster on their phones than I could on mine... Maybe I just have super powers, who knows...

02-12-16 12:12 PM
    I'm not sure if you just don't understand what I was saying, but you pretty much implied that if it doesn't have flagship specs that it can't be good to use. There's more to a phone than what's inside. The way you interface with it makes more of a difference than how many GHz the CPU is. And yes, a toolbelt being better is specific to me and some others. But I have yet to find anyone who could accomplish things faster on their phones than I could on mine... Maybe I just have super powers, who knows...

Just as Slagman said, except I don't have super powers I use the Classic for efficiency. I too do not care whether it has a Super mighty Octa-core whatever processor. My circle of friends and acquaintances still look at me when I pull out my Blackberry like I'm crazy and say that I'm the only person they know who still uses a Blackberry. I'm honored? Haha. They don't seem to get that it's not always about sheer power or what apps I have/don't have. Not everyone looks for that in a smartphone. They can think that this is a Bold 9000 or 9930 with an old OS all they want.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 04:11 PM
    Just as Slagman said, except I don't have super powers I use the Classic for efficiency. I too do not care whether it has a Super mighty Octa-core whatever processor. My circle of friends and acquaintances still look at me when I pull out my Blackberry like I'm crazy and say that I'm the only person they know who still uses a Blackberry. I'm honored? Haha. They don't seem to get that it's not always about sheer power or what apps I have/don't have. Not everyone looks for that in a smartphone. They can think that this is a Bold 9000 or 9930 with an old OS all they want.

Posted via CB10
    Hell yeah
    And why need a octacore device when most of the well known apps goes thru apple first which is a dual core device only hehe

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 06:48 PM

Okay I see your point but that was not at all what I was angling at. I was trying to say for the price and the build quality the Classic is touted as, I am really disappointed it could not even surpass its sister phone the Q10 in specs. They are basically internally the same yet it costs at least $100 more. The only thing separating them down to it is the toolbelt. I find the gestures in BB10 to be just as good without the toolbelt. I can swipe out of apps and leap to a text message faster than the toolbelt in my style of use. But that's me of course.

I am not a spec-hog but for what I pay I expect a phone to be a successor in more ways than another input interface method. I expect a little bit more owner under the hood for a premium phone like the Classic.

I
    02-13-16 11:23 PM
    Google has actually made Android more efficient, and able to run on pretty low specification.

But either way I don't think you need worry about updates to the Android runtime....
    Really? That's neat. I am always hearing curses at Android around these here parts of the forums, so it's good to know not everything about it is bad lol.

Posted via CB10
    I got the same response too not a few days ago, but I took it as a badge of honor haha. It's not always about power but at the same time I would like to rest ell in knowing that should there be a more powerful app I require in the future my phone would be able to handle it.
    02-13-16 11:27 PM
31 12