Hey guys! I just got my BlackBerry Classic in yesterday. I previously had a Q10. The toolbelt is OK... I didn't think it'd take some time getting used to since I used to use a pre-BB10 device back in the day.

Boy was I wrong. It took me a while, but I mastered some shortcuts.

Can anyone give me a few tips and tricks on mastering the trackpad on the BlackBerry 10 operating system?
    02-11-15 11:23 AM
    I honestly don't think anyone has gotten the time (or taken the interest) to mess up with the trackpad enough to write a post on it.

Myself, I'd say you're better off using that 3.5' touchscreen. Trackpad seriously only counts when you are trying to pinpoint misspelled text...

But I only had a 8310, 8520, 9780, Z10 and Z30, what do I know...
    02-11-15 11:38 AM
    trackpad is only for hilighting certain text and clicking obscenely small boxes -- but i actually haven't used the trackpad much except to move the radio buttons around. i use the end and back buttons the most for apps and email
    02-11-15 11:40 AM
    I like the trackpad and the idea of maximizing workspace on the lower half of the device (ex. keeps text visible while scrolling)

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:46 AM
    I honestly don't think anyone has gotten the time (or taken the interest) to mess up with the trackpad enough to write a post on it.

Myself, I'd say you're better off using that 3.5' touchscreen. Trackpad seriously only counts when you are trying to pinpoint misspelled text...

But I only had a 8310, 8520, 9780, Z10 and Z30, what do I know...
    I actually am giving the trackpad a chance and using it to its full potential. The only thing is I have to use the touchscreen for some Android apps. Although I can use the trackpad in Amazon, SnapGrab, etc.
    02-11-15 11:50 AM
    trackpad is only for hilighting certain text and clicking obscenely small boxes -- but i actually haven't used the trackpad much except to move the radio buttons around. i use the end and back buttons the most for apps and email
    Seems I'm not alone on how useful the trackpad really is on a BB10 device...
    02-11-15 12:17 PM
    Well, I found another good use for the trackpad - I am playing Brick Breaker with it.
    Seriously, I think it was done to attract some possible comeback users. For a every BB10 phone user from Z10 to Classic, tool belt might be not so useful, but for former Torch/Bold users it's a blessing. It didn't took me days to "learn" how to use the trackpad, but as somebody here already mentioned - it's mostly back and stop buttons.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:13 PM
    Well it hasn't been a full day for me. With the toolbelt, it kind of makes it hard for me to navigate the screen with one hand compared to the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:07 PM