So I picked up a like new Classic from Amazon Warehouse Deals. First thing I noticed was that it came with a Euro charger and the model is SQC100-1. What the heck? I thought they only sold 100-4.

Anyway I'm on T-Mobile and I think it should work but what about wifi calling, etc?

Any other issues I might face trying to use this on T-Mobile?

Thanks.

Moto X 2014
    09-28-15 10:09 PM
    Return it Amazon will pay shipping.

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-28-15 10:18 PM
    The only way you are going to be sure a classic will work when T-mo launches wifi-calling for their classic is if you buy the phone from t-mo, their branded variation. With the Z10 and Q10 if you brought an unlocked phone of the same model T-mo sold, it did get wifi-calling. No one knows if that's the case with the classic. Besides, it sounds like you don't even have the right model to begin with. Return it.
    raino likes this.
    09-29-15 02:49 AM
    You have a return item. I "think" you need SQC100-2 or SQC100-4. The SQc100-2 has wireless charging.

Do a search @Raino knows for sure.

09-29-15 04:42 AM
    You have a return item. I "think" you need SQC100-2 or SQC100-4. The SQc100-2 has wireless charging.

Do a search @Raino knows for sure.

2 won't work on T-Mobile because it is locked to AT&T's network even though it supports the right bands...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-29-15 10:33 AM
    I would DEFINITELY return it while you can and go with Classic model SQC100-4. This is the exact model T-Mobile is selling...

As far as the unlocked version of SQC100-4 goes, it should work with WiFi calling... As scrannel stated, the unlocked Z10 and Q10s were stated to work with WiFi calling, and I have successful used unlocked 9900s, 9780s and 9700s on T-Mobile with UMA functioning just as it would on a T-Mobile branded device... While the Classic's compatibility hasn't officially been addressed yet, it should be no difference as long as it's SQC100-4...

Aside from my T-Mobile issued black Classic, I also have the unlocked Blue Classic (SCQ100-4) sold via shopblackberry. While the OS to bring WFC to the Classic has not yet been released to test this theory out, it should be coming this week. I will happily report back with the result, but I'm fairly confident an unlocked SQC100-4 would work...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 11:12 AM
    The only way you are going to be sure a classic will work when T-mo launches wifi-calling for their classic is if you buy the phone from t-mo, their branded variation. With the Z10 and Q10 if you brought an unlocked phone of the same model T-mo sold, it did get wifi-calling. No one knows if that's the case with the classic. Besides, it sounds like you don't even have the right model to begin with. Return it.
    This. The -1 is arguably the worst of the four models to have for use on TMO. Return it.
    09-29-15 11:43 AM
    Thanks for all of the feedback. Just really shocked that Amazon made a sketchy mistake like that...I mean where did that phone come from?

I may end up giving it to family who will use it abroad and the bands are compatible. Phone is in amazing shape and I got it for $180!
    09-29-15 11:43 AM
    Thanks for all of the feedback. Just really shocked that Amazon made a sketchy mistake like that...I mean where did that phone come from?

I may end up giving it to family who will use it abroad and the bands are compatible. Phone is in amazing shape and I got it for $180!
    Was it Amazon, or Amazon marketplace. Like does it show that it was sold and shipped from Amazon or just "fulfilled" by Amazon? Because there might be other retailers that sell their phones through Amazon..

09-29-15 03:43 PM
    It was amazon warehouse deals which is amazon.

Moto X 2014
    09-29-15 08:11 PM
    It was amazon warehouse deals which is amazon.

Moto X 2014
    Strange then, they're usually pretty accurate. Let them know of the error, they will send you a return shipping label. I'm sure they will cross ship you another phone too so they won't have to wait to receive yours back before they send you the correct one...
    09-29-15 09:22 PM

call and ask for an "exchange"/"replacement" instead of a refund,
    09-29-15 09:42 PM
    Well today I used the phone in my regular work day and for what it's worth the navigation is confusing with the toolbar. I have a Q10 and used the Passport and have to say that BB10 just flows better without a toolbelt and all of that blue highlighting. Sometimes the phone will do something weird and its because the trackpad has selected something.

Also noticed some lag that isn't there on the Q10. Maybe in a few days I'll get used to the tool belt again, we'll see..
    09-29-15 10:08 PM
    Well today I used the phone in my regular work day and for what it's worth the navigation is confusing with the toolbar. I have a Q10 and used the Passport and have to say that BB10 just flows better without a toolbelt and all of that blue highlighting. Sometimes the phone will do something weird and its because the trackpad has selected something.

Also noticed some lag that isn't there on the Q10. Maybe in a few days I'll get used to the tool belt again, we'll see..
    Flows better without the toolbelt?

Your using the phone wrong if there is blue highlighting. Or it is defective. There is a reason it was discounted at Amazon. It most likely was a return item.

More reasons to return the phone! Ask for an exchange.

Last edited by Mr4aces; 09-30-15 at 08:22 AM.
    09-30-15 07:36 AM

Yah, you need to get to know how to use the toolbelt. I turned on my q10 the other day and it's a mess trying to navigate without the toolbelt now that I'm used to it.

Like closing an app is a bunch of swipes and taps and long thumb movements without the toolbelt. To close an app with the toolbelt you simply press call end and back.

Copy and paste by double pressing the menu key, no need for trying to select things with the touchscreen and endless "long holds" to do anything...

Selecting an option from the top menu from within an app without the toolbelt is reaching to the top of the screen, trying to drag down, then moving your thumb again to tap, with the toolbelt, hold the menu key, use the trackpad to select the option. Minimal movements.

Even the side menu, without the trackpad, you touch the 3 dots, then you might need to scroll through the options, then tap, or if it's in the "more" section you'll have to tap that, then move your thumb to select the option. With the toolbelt, menu key, swipe left or right on the trackpad to switch to the "more" menu, staying on the trackpad scroll and select. Minimal movements. Loving the toolbelt...

Mr4aces likes this.
    09-30-15 08:42 AM
    So I picked up a like new Classic from Amazon Warehouse Deals. First thing I noticed was that it came with a Euro charger and the model is SQC100-1. What the heck? I thought they only sold 100-4.

Anyway I'm on T-Mobile and I think it should work but what about wifi calling, etc?

Any other issues I might face trying to use this on T-Mobile?

Thanks.

Moto X 2014
    T-mobile just pushed their update now... FYI
    Just got Classic from Amazon-img_20150930_094318.png
    Just got Classic from Amazon-img_20150930_095916.png
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22206

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:59 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I figured it will take some time getting used to it.

Yes, blue highlighting from using the trackpad in certain situations like scrolling, etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 09:03 AM
    I've been using the Classic for a little while now and don't know how I got along without the tool belt lol?! I've tried to go back to my SE but always find myself reaching for the Classic instead lol.

Give the phone a little while longer and you'll get used to it.

Posted via my Classic
    Mr4aces and dlrogers81 like this.
    09-30-15 09:21 AM