I just got a good deal on a Classic, I have a Passport SE right now as my only phone. Will there be a big learning curve going from the Passport SE to the classic? I plan on using the Classic at work because I feel a smaller device will be easier to use at work.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 05:17 PM
    Not big learning curve at all. You can use the Classic the same way as a Passport except the capacitive keyboard.

But learning new tricks and finding neat new ways of doing things with the trackpoad, toolbelt and shortcuts is the fun part imo. It's the synergies between all the various ways of operating this phone that's a lot of fun.

Posted via CB10
    RealRichLRead and bigjman like this.
    03-28-16 05:38 PM
    Coming from a PPSE myself, I think you'll find that you'll 'move' around the OS/device a hell of a lot quicker - and that the trackpad works (in my opinion) a lot better than the capacitve keyboard - just remember you cannot backswipe to delete on the Classic keyboard, I kept doing that all the time lol

Also, be wary that the Classic is not as fast/has much RAM/memory as the Passport, so you my find it slightly sluggish at times too...

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-28-16 05:48 PM
    I just ordered a Classic from Swappa to use as a back up device to my Z30. I'm currently using a Q10 as my back up devices to the Z30 and Passport. I'm looking forward to learning new tricks with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 06:59 PM
    Thanks for the info, I love my Passport but if not for my case, I would of done broke this poor phone at work. I need something I can work on with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 07:16 PM
    You go back to your SE ever or just stay on the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 07:24 PM
    I have both the original Passport and the Classic. I use the Classic more often because it's easier to carry around with me. Still love my Passport though and I use it all the time at home, basically as my highly productive tablet.

Not much of a learning curve between the two and it's surprisingly easy to switch back and forth between the two keyboards; now that you own both - you can probably ignore the 3 row vs 4 row keyboard debate. It's hard to say which one is faster - I think I'm still a bit faster on the Passport, maybe just because I can swipe to delete a word and I probably Change my mind about using a particular word just as [if not more] often as I make typos. And the fact that the Classic has 'less distance to travel' between keys is a mute argument because the distance is just vertical instead of horizontal.

Both are great devices. Enjoy!
    acovey and anon(9697770) like this.
    03-28-16 08:01 PM
    I have both too, and you just need to use the Classic a lot to get really used to it, because your brain is now used to the Passport. I switch back and forth between them pretty regularly. I got the Passport in September 2014 and the Classic in May 2015, so I had a lot of time on the Passport before the Classic, and it took a few days to get used to the traditional keyboard of the Classic again (which was ironic because it took me a few weeks or a month to get used to the Passport keyboard style!).

I still can't decide which I like more. The Passport has better specs and bigger screen, etc., but there's just something that feels like home about the Classic, since I've had a BlackBerry since 2007.

Posted via CB10
    BeautyEh likes this.
    03-28-16 08:43 PM
    I'm really excited to try the Classic, I'm a old school Blackberry user as well. I love my Passport but I think the Classic will feel like coming home.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 09:09 PM
    I have a Classic and a PRIV and when it comes to using a phone at work the Classic is amazing. I swap Sim cards at night before bed. The Classic is such a great communication tool and for all the times it has been dropped, thrown, etc., it continues to work like a charm. I'm amazed with it and will continue to keep it around until I finally kill it off.. But that may never happen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-28-16 09:12 PM
    Classic and Priv user too! I aslo just swap sim card if i feel using the Priv. Used to own the Passport too. So for me there's no learning curve when it comes to OS usage. And it's easier to hold on to the Classic, not like the Passport.
    03-28-16 09:40 PM
    I started on the Passport and recently got a Classic as well and the phone is a dream. Yeah it doesn't process as fast as the Passport but it's not a deal breaker for me. I find it is far more user friendly and in many ways a more intelligent design ...especially for 1-handed use.

I'm almost sad to say that I don't miss the Passport at all. I'm almost starting to think I should have gotten the Classic first all along...and that thought did cross my mind when I first got the Passport. But then I would have ended up getting both eventually anyway.
    03-28-16 09:47 PM
    Love my blue Classic with toolbelt! For delete, get used to the delete button on the keyboard, then hitting the trackpad square in the center to confirm. I got used to this routine quickly after I had moved from my beloved Z30. Good luck with the transition, and it's great to hear you've stayed with BB10!

Coming from a PPSE myself, I think you'll find that you'll 'move' around the OS/device a hell of a lot quicker - and that the trackpad works (in my opinion) a lot better than the capacitve keyboard - just remember you cannot backswipe to delete on the Classic keyboard, I kept doing that all the time lol

Also, be wary that the Classic is not as fast/has much RAM/memory as the Passport, so you my find it slightly sluggish at times too...

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    03-28-16 10:06 PM
    Love my blue Classic with toolbelt! For delete, get used to the delete button on the keyboard, then hitting the trackpad square in the center to confirm. I got used to this routine quickly after I had moved from my beloved Z30. Good luck with the transition, and it's great to hear you've stayed with BB10!

I tried the Priv, had it for three days and sent it back. Android is not for me, BB10 has spoiled me, I'm going to use it for as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 11:15 PM
    I'm really excited to try the Classic, I'm a old school Blackberry user as well. I love my Passport but I think the Classic will feel like coming home.

Posted via CB10
    It will.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    03-28-16 11:23 PM
    Classic is just so much more practical as a phone IMO. Passport is more like a phablet - it's good at what it does, but the Classic form factor is timeless. Not sure why BlackBerry ever tried to move away from it.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    03-29-16 05:53 AM
    Both phones are really good. I personally really enjoy the physical keyboard, but I know for a fact that I tend to type out more on the Classic than on the Passport. The keyboard on the Classic, for me, is just so much more conducive to typing more. It just feels like there is no end to how much I can type! The Passport Silver Edition's keyboard is very good too, however I still prefer the Classic's.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 07:02 AM
    I wish the Classic also has the same touch sensitive keyboard - that would have been a real winner!
    03-29-16 07:40 AM
    I wish the Classic also has the same touch sensitive keyboard - that would have been a real winner!
    Agreed! The swipe to delete words is the only thing that makes me feel like the Passport keyboard is substantially better than the Classic's.

They should have also called it the new Bold. But, you know, they haven't been worried much with continuity. BlackBerry Bold Classic even would have been a fine name. Oh well, what can you do... it's still awesome.
    03-29-16 08:06 AM

For me, I think it's far more efficient to press the delete key on the keyboard followed by the enter key. I've used your method of pressing the trackpad, but found my method to be a second quicker. Not that it matters.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 10:07 AM
    The only thing you need to learn is the belt which is just 4 buttons. You should be fine.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Classic
    03-30-16 05:08 AM
    The only thing you need to learn is the belt which is just 4 buttons. You should be fine.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Classic
    You missed one! The trackpad is also a button - can't forget that!
    03-30-16 10:21 AM
    The Belt is dope yo! Can't believe this is the only modern smartphone that has it. Makes it even more special
    03-30-16 12:07 PM
    I have both the original Passport and the Classic. I use the Classic more often because it's easier to carry around with me. Still love my Passport though and I use it all the time at home, basically as my highly productive tablet.

Not much of a learning curve between the two and it's surprisingly easy to switch back and forth between the two keyboards; now that you own both - you can probably ignore the 3 row vs 4 row keyboard debate. It's hard to say which one is faster - I think I'm still a bit faster on the Passport, maybe just because I can swipe to delete a word and I probably Change my mind about using a particular word just as [if not more] often as I make typos. And the fact that the Classic has 'less distance to travel' between keys is a mute argument because the distance is just vertical instead of horizontal.

Both are great devices. Enjoy!
    What can be my text. I do It exactly as you.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 02:19 AM
    this is true but I never really think of the trackpad as a button.... but you are totally right.
    03-31-16 06:52 AM
27 12