Hey everyone,

First post here. I've been using samsung for the longest time and I'm used to having a lot of the android apps that blackberry doesn't offer.

I just recently bought a used classic for $80.

My question is... those that came from android, do you have another device to just run apps off while you tether from your blackberry? I'm really enjoying the typing experience on the blackberry and don't want to get rid of it.

I've tried the cobalt mod but it slowed down the device way too much imo

Any thoughts are appreciated

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 07:35 AM
    Good to hear your liking the classic! I came from BBOS 5 to dumb phone to android to apple to BB10, I used to dual carry my Q10 with my LG V10, and then later an iPad air. I would use my android/apple device mainly for youtube, uber, and MLB apps but honestly i got so used to just using my Q10 that I barely use a second device anymore. IMO dual carry is awesome really not much of a hassle if you want to use android apps.
    07-07-17 09:53 AM
    You were able to get on Uber with your q10? I know it's possible if you patch them every time there's an update via cobalt mod but...that just seems like a lot of work if a lot of apps are required to be patched

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 12:44 PM
    no patches, i dont use any android apps on my Q10 , I use nemory's app "Ride for Uber".
    07-07-17 03:42 PM
    Quick story; I have been using the classic exclusively for calls, emails and texts and had an iPhone7 for apps....BUT I was getting tired of carrying two phones around. So, I bought the Priv. Had it for one day and returned it. Booted the classic back up and couldn't be happier. I LOVE that phone. Carrying two phones isn't really that bad. Typing on that Classic is so worth it.
    luminosity6 likes this.
    07-07-17 06:48 PM
    I get the same feeling typing on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    luminosity6 likes this.
    07-09-17 12:19 AM
    Hi,

I bought my blackberry as (1) old good memories and as (2) spare. My primary phone was an android, now I used to use as a tablet at night. Specifically to play multimedia. Turn out my now is my primary phone... and my android well... resting on the night table.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rasek Classic; 07-09-17 at 09:06 AM.
    07-09-17 06:56 AM
    the classic is the best phone on the market, untill i try out the keyone. But i can't fault the classic on anything, typing is great, build quality, design, grip, the hub and browsing. I don't game on this phone but watch youtube on it while on the go. Love how it fits easily in the hands and pocket, is versatile and quick to multitask.
    07-09-17 09:59 PM
    Hi,

I bought my blackberry as (1) old good memories and as (2) spare. My primary phone was an android, now I used to use as a tablet at night. Specifically to play multimedia. Turn out my now is my primary phone... and my android well... resting on the night table.

Posted via CB10
    Same here for me. More good ole memories than anything. I still use the iphone at night. Would drop it completely if there was a good alternative for a smart watch to work with the Classic. Can't go without a smart watch......

Posted via CB10
    joewoo likes this.
    07-24-17 08:12 PM
    Main device is the Sa8 Plus and the classic is my communication device I need the S8 for photos and apps I use the classic for text and email.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 06:49 PM
    Congrats!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 07:31 PM
    I'm using the KEYone now, and the keyboard is almost as good as the Classic. Because it's a touch sensitive keyboard, the keys are not as sculpted as the classic. but otherwise excellent. I do miss the BB10 os though.
    07-30-17 09:12 AM
    I'm using the KEYone now, and the keyboard is almost as good as the Classic. Because it's a touch sensitive keyboard, the keys are not as sculpted as the classic. but otherwise excellent. I do miss the BB10 os though.
    Typing this on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ as well. I find the keys to not be as clicky. If the classics keyboard was touch sensitive it would would be the best keyboard imo. Followed by the passport or keyboard.
    07-30-17 09:45 AM
    I came from android but sold all of my android devices because I really didn't need them. Only have couple of android apps on my bb10 devices such as banking apps and spotify which I couldn't live without.
    Switching to bb10 made me use my phone less but I enjoy it more.

Bush did bb10
    07-30-17 12:35 PM
    Classic feels like a tool instead of using smartphone. I really enjoy using classic/passport. BB10 is a truely a great OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 06:06 PM