I sent an eBay message to the seller about the issue. However, the seller is a storefront (98% positive rating), so I'm not holding out much hope because I assume they don't know the previous owner who turned this feature on. What are my options if they reply that they can't help me log onto the device with my BB ID? Is this feature similar to the iCloud activation lock on my iPhone?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that used the autoloader BlackBerry OS 10.3.3.2205 as soon as I turned on the phone to factory reset everything.
    08-24-17 05:31 PM
    Yup, pretty much like the icloud thing. You have to hope they give you the username and password associated with the device, and that the user who sold it didn't reset or change his info, or else it's a big paperweight
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    08-24-17 06:33 PM
    If they can't give you the information and won't accept a return for full refund then dispute it immediately.
    08-24-17 06:40 PM
    Yup, pretty much like the icloud thing. You have to hope they give you the username and password associated with the device, and that the user who sold it didn't reset or change his info, or else it's a big paperweight
    If they can't give you the information and won't accept a return for full refund then dispute it immediately.
    Thanks for the replies, I was afraid of this. This device is in such great condition for a used phone. Fingers crossed that the seller is able to provide a contact for the previous owner (too bad I can't even figure out which email it is linked to, as I'd be more than happy to contact them myself).
    08-24-17 07:11 PM
    Called into BB technical support. Even though the IMEI is clean and I can provide proof of purchase with a government-issued ID, they are not able to bypass the anti-theft protection without knowing the BB ID of the previous owner. Again, since I bought it from a storefront on eBay and not an individual, I have no idea who that is. Hope to hear back from the seller tomorrow.
    08-24-17 10:21 PM
    I had this problem with a Q5 I bought recently. I got lucky, and the anti-theft just 'went away'. The CB app won't let me paste anything from the clipboard any more, but if you search the forums for 'anti theft bug' you will see my thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 03:20 AM
    There is a way to remove BlackBerry Protect with autoloading a developer OS version. I ma not sure if it will work on 10.3.3 though. Try google for it or search in Crackberry.

Otherwise, if the seller can not provide the ID and password, there is nothing you can do but return the phone.
    Check the listing to see if the phone was listed as BB ID/Protect locked. If not, you can claim for a free return.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 09:04 PM
    Not trying to cause any arguments but I have personally used an old 10.3.1 autoloader on a passport and classic to test this feature. After flashing I setup the phone and flashed a 10.3.3 autoloader and it was good. Others claim this doesn't work but I have done it twice and helped someone on reddit do it once. Take my experience as you will.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    08-27-17 02:46 PM
    Not trying to cause any arguments but I have personally used an old 10.3.1 autoloader on a passport and classic to test this feature. After flashing I setup the phone and flashed a 10.3.3 autoloader and it was good. Others claim this doesn't work but I have done it twice and helped someone on reddit do it once. Take my experience as you will.

I tried flashing a developer 10.3.1 autoloader. After doing so, it hangs at the "BlackBerry Classic" start-up screen (it never actually boots into initial set-up). Then, it's not responsive to any autoloader (developer or otherwise) except for the 10.3.3.2205 autoloader. That successfully flashes and the phone boots into set-up. It still has the anti-theft protection enabled.
    Last edited by Dranakin; 08-27-17 at 11:35 PM.
    08-27-17 11:21 PM
    I tried flashing a developer 10.3.1 autoloader. After doing so, it hangs at the "BlackBerry Classic" start-up screen (it never actually boots into initial set-up). Then, it's not responsive to any autoloader (developer or otherwise) except for the 10.3.3.2205 autoloader. That successfully flashes and the phone boots into set-up. It still has the anti-theft protection enabled.
    Try without a dev autoloader. Setup fully and then flash 10.3.3.

08-28-17 08:00 AM
    I tried it last night just to confirm it's still working. I set up bb protect and was able to use the phone after wiping it and using those two autoloaders. Pm me if you have any questions.

08-28-17 08:02 AM
    I bought a phone that did this as well. Seller was very helpful in trying to get me the I'd I needed but it did not work. I ended up loading an older operating system as well to get into the phone. I then changed the blackberry I'd to my own and was able to put on a newer operating system after that. I forget exactly which operating systems they were but it was the case were there was supposed to be no way around it. It took me a bit of time and research but I found info online that helped me do it.

If their ad didn't mention it being locked out then a return should be no problem. I get that you probably don't want to send it back since you've waited for it to arrive and the only thing worse then having to wait for it to come is to have send it back. I know I would rather try and fix it but I have also missed out on getting a return due to a seller stringing me along up until the time frame for doing a return had passed. I just make sure not to let that time pass before I put the claim in if there's any issues now.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-17 08:07 AM
    Autoloader 10.3.2 for Classic and 10.3.1.997 for z30 right after will do the job. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 01:49 AM