No problem Kurt!
    I just happened to be watching (flicking channels actually)and my wife and I perked up when he mentioned BlackBerry.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    12-20-14 01:40 AM
    For the exception of newcomer Stephen Colbert none of those late night people are funny.

Posted via CB10
    Ferguson was...

Kimmel and conan are good

NBC stooges are terrible. It's like I'm watching bad snl sketches all the time

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 03:25 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry is currently trying to appeal to the Fallon crowd.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    12-20-14 03:30 AM
    Who is Jimmy Fallon and why should I care what he thinks about the Classic?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    VictorRight likes this.
    12-20-14 03:37 AM
    Boy do I miss Johnny Carson.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 03:58 AM
    Double post

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 06:08 AM
    Doesn't surprise me at all. Falon is a skinny jeans wearing hippy that worked on SNL and, until a few years ago, toured college campuses. He's a hero to the typical young and out of touch person who....in his own bubble....thinks he's smarter than the rest.
    I wear skinny jeans...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 06:09 AM
    For the exception of newcomer Stephen Colbert none of those late night people are funny.

Posted via CB10
    Newcomer?
    12-20-14 06:24 AM
    I wear skinny jeans...

Posted via CB10
    My condolences.
    12-20-14 06:25 AM
    It was Seth Meyers, I ended up watching both shows. And ended up falling asleep of boredom.
    12-20-14 06:29 AM
    I thought they just recorded and sent the audio, not translates it to text???

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Then what would be the point of saying you can use sarcastic tones and/or sing if it was just a recording?
    12-20-14 06:33 AM
    This Seth Meyers:

Just-married Seth Meyers joked about how his wife, Alexi Ashe, knew he was the one.
    He drew laughs at The Somaly Mam Foundation’s Life is Love Gala by saying, “I still have a BlackBerry. I just got married eight weeks ago and I feel like the reason my wife knew I’d be loyal was like, ‘If he’s still loyal to the [bleep]ing BlackBerry, he’s never leaving me.’ ”

Yeah, the some guy who talks all the time about his loyalty to Blackberry. IF you folks ever got a clue, you'd be dangerous. The herd mentality of rushing to slam anyone who says anything about BB is hilarious. The dude makes jokes for a living. Get over it.Lighten up.
    TgeekB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-20-14 06:35 AM
    This Seth Meyers:

Just-married Seth Meyers joked about how his wife, Alexi Ashe, knew he was the one.
    He drew laughs at The Somaly Mam Foundation’s Life is Love Gala by saying, “I still have a BlackBerry. I just got married eight weeks ago and I feel like the reason my wife knew I’d be loyal was like, ‘If he’s still loyal to the [bleep]ing BlackBerry, he’s never leaving me.’ ”

Yeah, the some guy who talks all the time about his loyalty to Blackberry. IF you folks ever got a clue, you'd be dangerous. The herd mentality of rushing to slam anyone who says anything about BB is hilarious. The dude makes jokes for a living. Get over it.Lighten up.
    First, the title wasn't about Seth Meyers, it was about Jimmy Fallon, the guy whose voice is actually on an Apple commercial.
    Second, what is the herd mentality? He made a bad joke, regardless of what he does for a living or if he is supposedly loyal to BlackBerry.
    So, what were you saying about getting a clue?
    12-20-14 06:43 AM
    Falon's still relevant?!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    12-20-14 07:10 AM
    This Seth Meyers:

This is cute. One of my coworkers still uses his orange Curve and his wife said the same thing about him.
    12-20-14 07:50 AM
    Jimmy Falon is a crap!!
    12-20-14 08:20 AM
    Oh ok, the commercial wasn't very specific about it, to me it just seemed like they were recording their voice to be sent as a little voice message.
    You're correct. The commercial was focusing on communicating things that would be missed via text (i.e. Sarcasm, or difficult to spell words - for those uneducated folks and a joke of an autocorrect - or lots of information to type out).

Seems a lot like the voice messages we could send via BBM...

emPowered by 
    12-20-14 09:30 AM
    IF you folks ever got a clue, you'd be dangerous.
    Here's a clue for you: I don't give a flying F about either one of them. Apparently you do, so, go write him a letter and tell him how mean we are, if it'll make you feel better.

My life improved greatly over a decade ago when I quit watching TV.

Richard
    Xenolock and spikesolie like this.
    12-20-14 09:41 AM
    So what if he makes fun of the Classic? I wish more of them would...these days comedy shows makes for the best way of getting the news out--See Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert--more people need to know BB is still around. Who knows the world is cycle...never know when keyboards are going to be cool again...
    12-20-14 09:51 AM
    Do these people who make fun of the Classic (or any BB10 device) realize that the new BlackBerrys are more capable than anything iOS and possibly even Android? I'll answer... no they don't.
    12-20-14 10:10 AM
    Any publicity is good publicity
    12-20-14 11:21 AM
    Seth Myers doing it here

Big difference between the two. I actually like Myers. I was a big fan of the BB Pearl line before they finally got around to the all touchscreen series, so I guess I'm between the new school and old school. Z10/Z30 all the way, but I can see why some people will continue to love the physical keyboard, despite being a minority demographic. Myers is doing BB a favor because publicity is good. Large portion of the crowd didn't even know what the Classic was until this joke routine!
    But, it wasn't even funny!
    12-20-14 12:15 PM
    Then what would be the point of saying you can use sarcastic tones and/or sing if it was just a recording?
    Um, because you can hear sarcasm but you can't read it? If it just translated to text, then how exactly does that solve the problem of trying to convey sarcasm?? And why bother singing if it's just plain text?

12-20-14 12:20 PM
    Any publicity is good publicity
    I respectfully disagree. That may hold true for celebrities, but in terms of products I believe that negative publicity only serves to perpetuate the herd mentality that the negative must be reality.

Richard
    12-20-14 01:06 PM
    Um, because you can hear sarcasm but you can't read it? If it just translated to text, then how exactly does that solve the problem of trying to convey sarcasm?? And why bother singing if it's just plain text?

I guess I thought they were showing us some "revolutionary" new feature, that their voice to text is so good that it can recognize complicated phrases and tones. If they were just say they can send a voice recording....seems like a lot over nothing. Could've used those 2 big names in a commercial for something more important that sending a voice recording. That's so Nextel.

But I agree: Why bother signing. Who would ever do that? Just another feature that nobody's need and nobody asked for that Apple adds to their collection of "revolutionary" changes.
    12-20-14 01:06 PM
80 1234