Using BB Classic with software update (

Trying to use the Southwest.com website to check into my flight. I get a "JavaScript Alert" and sub-text "oops, we have an error and would like to refresh the page" with an "OK" on the bottom. Pressing OK does nothing...it just refreshes the same error

I have checked in to hundreds of flights with this phone over the years. Why isn't it working now? Is there something I need to update? This is a real problem for me because I travel a lot

01-09-18 12:19 PM
    Problem is noting is updated on the Classic...

Might be their site, or maybe reboot your phone.

In the end have you tried another browser on your Classic... that's really the best thing going forward. I used one called Tiny a few years ago... you'd want to make sure it's one that is being actively developed (unlike the BB10 Browser).
    01-09-18 01:17 PM
    I think it's time to actively consider an Android (or IOS) phone - Java changes regularly.
    Obviously the browser's version of Java can't handle something that Southwest has changed on their web site. I have no idea how you could update Java on a BB10 phone.
    01-09-18 03:49 PM
    Southwest.com will work on Evolution Browser when java is enabled in the settings; I tested it on my Passport which is still on 10.3.2. When I turned off java I again got the blue error box. I'm also having having sites that worked six months ago now becoming partially functional.
    Last edited by dbq10; 01-09-18 at 04:53 PM. Reason: hit post too soon
    01-09-18 04:38 PM
    It's just a prompt from an event might not be anything at all like in your address bar try javascript:alert('hello')
    So its def the sites. HTML 5 alltogether is growing fast and has a lot of new elements and features that this awesome relic of a browser undortunately wont render properly. That said, I still think should only expect failures with canvas or svg graphics. Bummer.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 01-22-18 at 03:55 PM.
    01-12-18 08:28 PM