As you I hope BB brings back some of the standard "old hat" functionality everyone loved their phones for. To me Blackberry, in attempting to keep up with the Jones' thew the baby out with the bathwater in BB10. Many things about it are total Gong show.
    LOL, man, it's been a very long time since I've heard that saying, but it was used well. Thanks for reminding me of it, it's pretty hilarious...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-22-14 12:45 AM
    I still can't figure out how the classic being successful is going to ruin BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:45 AM
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Posted via CB10
    hes a hipster, if blackberry gets too popular he wont have a reason to use blackberries
    11-22-14 02:06 AM
    lets wait until blackberry releases CLASSIC,and then tell me how many people like it or dislike it rather than telling your opinions......
    andy957 likes this.
    11-22-14 07:17 AM
    You are forgetting about all those people still using the 9900. Business, for the most part, doesn't care about looks. Only about production.
    I work with a lot of business owners, government works and wealthy people and I see them rocking 9900's. When I ask them why they still have it, they say email is fast, efficient and easy to respond to.

On topic: The Classic will definitely be a success and may even be the crown jewel of BlackBerry's next era but this doesn't mean their other devices won't do well. Remember, Chen has people managing the supply chain, they aren't going to sit on a ton of product anymore. So if the Passport sales start to die down (which seems to be happening since it hasn't sold out on shopBB since a couple weeks ago) BlackBerry isn't going to be in trouble. There's probably 2,000-5000 units in stock versus the 1,000,000+ of the Z10 that all had to be written off before Chen's takeover.

BlackBerry has an audience that knows exactly what they want and they are catering to that. For everyone else you have the likes of the Z30, Passport and the soon coming Visa/Victoria and the Rio.

Stay calm and let BlackBerry carry on.
    Superfly_FR and Mr4aces like this.
    11-22-14 08:44 AM
    Classic is Q10 under steroids with the feel of a legacy device (belt).
    I for one believe the transition has been a little brutal for many loyal customers especially in the enterprise where many users only use their devices for basic needs. That's a very sweet way to bring them to BB10; once they'll get used to it, they'll look at more "modern" devices with a friendlier eye.
    IMHO
    11-22-14 11:53 AM
    I thought we're done with this wishful thinking "end of BlackBerry" talk?
    11-22-14 01:29 PM
    Oh yes, the whole "backward" argument again. Yah, you know, after those steering-wheel-less concept cars being showed, I can't believe these auto makers are going backwards by releasing cars with steering wheels. I mean, psh, really? Is this like 1901??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I highly doubt that the first 'car' came out in 1901...just sayin'
    Last edited by deezy87; 11-22-14 at 02:10 PM.
    11-22-14 01:56 PM
    Oh yes, the whole "backward" argument again. Yah, you know, after those steering-wheel-less concept cars being showed, I can't believe these auto makers are going backwards by releasing cars with steering wheels. I mean, psh, really? Is this like 1901??

what a POWER CRUSH!

Slagman, if you would take money for posting, I would pay ASAP!! You are a PayPerView-Poster! LULZ!!!
    11-22-14 02:19 PM
    Wow, I guess you are the no1. top guy who understands sarcasm, right?
    11-22-14 02:20 PM
    You're right, the first car with a steering wheel was in 1894. Thanks for correcting me. :-P

11-22-14 02:34 PM
    I understand where you are coming from, but I think it's a good move for Blackberry in a way, so the people who think Blackberry is dead and see the Classic... if they end up trying it out..
    hopefully the old image that Blackberry is dead finally is replaced
    11-23-14 08:57 PM
    even 24/192 HD audio is not better than analog music reproduction.
    I too but vinyl, however that's false but let's not start that pointless fight.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:59 PM
    I absolutely love the design of the classic. To be honest, I had my doubts at first but when I realized that this design is what I loved about blackberry in the first place plus a better running OS, that goes to show that blackberry is a company that wants their users to have a stable, communicating tool as what phones should be.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    awindsr likes this.
    11-25-14 02:38 AM
    If they (ever) die, I'm sure it will not just be the fault of one device, let alone one potentially successful device. Besides, based on the hype prior to the Passport and the hype right now for the Classic, I doubt Classic will be more successful than the big Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:59 AM
    I have a feeling that it's going to be more successful then the Passport but I don't want it to be. When I first saw the Classic I thought to myself is Blackberry losing it and taking a backward direction.

I think they need to innovate like the Passport which I just purchased and love so much. My selfish ways is telling me I don't want Blackberry to keep wasting time on making pre historic phones coming back form the dead, instead focus more time on innovative designs.

The other thing is people are going to instantly judge Blackberry as a "so...2005 thing" because the Classic looks like any other phones that was created 5 years ago. It's just not a good image when people already thinks Blackberry is no longer an innovative company.
    The Classic is supposed to be more successful than the Passport. BlackBerry sells more BB OS phones and has to win those customers over to the new OS 10 as well as provide a phone for enterprise and everyone else who might be brought back to the company. Tell me how many users in Indonesia are going to own a Passport. Locations like India, Africa, are important to BlackBerrys handset business . This is an important phone for the company, and it's vital that it sells , and sells well. If it doesn't, it will harm future "Passport "like creations. This phone is an integral part of the handset divisions viability.
    The BlackBerry handset is the heart of the whole BlackBerry experience.
    But as we all know; those that come over to the dark side, can survive without a heart.
    BlackBerry can survive without the handset... they just don't want to. Nor do I.
    As for prehistoric, i haven't seen any changes in full touch since 2007. Its still a friggin rectangle. Plain, flat and lacking any personality.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and andy957 like this.
    11-27-14 08:42 PM
    I think that Blackberry is in trouble mostly because of the "innovations".
    Bingo! OS7 was an awesome interface, people just wanted more power and more features like Flash player, front facing camera, widgets, etc.

Instead, when they rebuilt it on QNX, they made the interface completely alien in an effort to be another iPhone copy. They were subsequently rewarded with having 1% of the market.

Yes, I know that BB10 is much more powerful, it can do this, it can do that. I do not care. All that matters is that the core functionality that would have made it a true BlackBerry was lost. As I said years ago, I will never own a BlackBerry without a trackpad.
    WES51, VeryBumpy, Mr4aces and 1 others like this.
    11-28-14 08:38 AM
    I still think the Bold was BB's best phone - I am tempted to go back to it sometimes. When 10.0 came out with the new phones (Z10, Q10, Z30) I got a Z10. I was not totally swept away by it and wished the new phones were "updated Bolds" with the new OS, better camera, etc. So the Classic would apparently be an updated Bold - with the track pad and tool belt - all good.

I am now using a Z30 which I like a lot, and am finding that the virtual keyboard is easier to use than the tiny keys on the Bold. I am hoping that the Classic keys will be somewhat larger.

BUT - I use the phone only for business purposes - emails, phone calls, texts, calendar, and a few basic aps. I don't play games or care about media entertainment.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-28-14 08:52 AM
    As a 9900 user for work, and Z30 for personal, I can say without hesitation that I prefer the bold for my work only functions (email,call, text, BBM). It's the best keyboard on a phone, with my only issues being the poor ish battery life, crappy Web browser and map functions.

I would get a Classic in a heartbeat if the keyboard tactile feedback is the same as on the bold.

Posted via CB10
    Google Maps for BBOS: http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad

I use Opera Mini for general browsing, but it doesn't render pages as well, especially this awful site.
    11-28-14 09:03 AM
    Bingo! OS7 was an awesome interface, people just wanted more power and more features like Flash player, front facing camera, widgets, etc.

Instead, when they rebuilt it on QNX, they made the interface completely alien in an effort to be another iPhone copy. They were subsequently rewarded with having 1% of the market.

Yes, I know that BB10 is much more powerful, it can do this, it can do that. I do not care. All that matters is that the core functionality that would have made it a true BlackBerry was lost. As I said years ago, I will never own a BlackBerry without a trackpad.
    100% nailed it. I belive this is one of the best posts on this subject on Crackberry so far!

Seems simple, yet so many people still don't get it. A true drama of life.

I'm glad Chen seems to get it though.
    Mr4aces, wilber1 and Ray III like this.
    11-28-14 10:47 AM
    Speaking of going backward, I've seen many people at the airport with clamshell phones lately. I've used all types of phones and I've always gone back to BlackBerry because the phones are durable and they just work. Specs, shmecks. The phone will work just fine. My z10 works just as good as it did the day I got it almost two years ago. My q10 and z10 work even better with 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 12:49 PM
    The Classic is EXACTLY what BlackBerry needs to keep their existing enterprise customers and maybe - just maybe - reclaim some of the defectors that loved the 9900 but couldn't get used to gestures. Something for everyone here. And luckily for us, BlackBerry doesn't just make one product. Plenty to choose from depending on your personal preferences.
    Plazmic Flame and riss89 like this.
    11-28-14 03:00 PM
    I see tons of bold users, businesspeople and not, in my circles, the BlackBerry Bold is still a very popular phone.
    Classic will (hopefully) replace that, hence revenue for BlackBerry.

Q10 on 10.3.0.908
    11-29-14 07:38 PM
    survival is most important ....
    11-29-14 09:04 PM
    I think a BB10 powerful Pearl could sell. My wife still loves her old one though now she needs an iPhone. It was a great size and with bb10 and the predictive typing it could sell. I am still waiting for the Z30 replacement. I watch too much youtube and I love the BlackBerry virtual keyboard

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 09:19 PM
83 1234