I have a feeling that it's going to be more successful then the Passport but I don't want it to be. When I first saw the Classic I thought to myself is Blackberry losing it and taking a backward direction.

I think they need to innovate like the Passport which I just purchased and love so much. My selfish ways is telling me I don't want Blackberry to keep wasting time on making pre historic phones coming back form the dead, instead focus more time on innovative designs.

The other thing is people are going to instantly judge Blackberry as a "so...2005 thing" because the Classic looks like any other phones that was created 5 years ago. It's just not a good image when people already thinks Blackberry is no longer an innovative company.
    Sorry I think you are WRONG, this is the first BB phone that has interested me in 3 years, i still enjow my 9810. BB10 is just starting to get close to BBOS 7. who needs another iBerry or 1/2 Berry why does it hurt so much to satisfy the people who love whay a BB is?
    Mr4aces, ponpiri and DeliFresser like this.
    11-20-14 09:29 PM
    Additionally, it must be really handy for Blackberry (or any other business) to know the size and needs of it's loyal core user base.

If you think about it, the sales numbers of Classic (and Passport) will really be a great indication of that.

I know, the numbers aren't many, but Blackberry can now sure count on those legacy users who stayed to stay a whole lot longer. That certainty has to be worth something too.
    thymaster likes this.
    11-20-14 09:42 PM
    I think the Classic will become the best-selling BB10 phone to date. And I think that's a very good thing for BlackBerry.

Not only will it reaffirm the very real demand for such a device, but it will increase the number of BB10 handsets floating around out there. In the end, that's a good thing for the brand.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my Q10
    11-20-14 09:49 PM
    Hey... Apple has been doing the same phone for 7 years !
    At least apple only releases a phone every 1 year, samsung has been doing the same phone for the past years, and they launch a "new" one every month
    11-20-14 09:53 PM
    At least apple only releases a phone every 1 year, samsung has been doing the same phone for the past years, and they launch a "new" one every month
    ...and about once a week you can find fresh veggies at your local grocery store.
    11-20-14 09:56 PM
    It's just not meant to compete with hi end devices.
    The specs are to mid-range to suggest otherwise.
    I'm not in it for business but overall I think niche people are going to be delighted but the rest of us, not so much.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-21-14 09:10 AM
    It's just not meant to compete with hi end devices.
    The specs are to mid-range to suggest otherwise.
    I'm not in it for business but overall I think niche people are going to be delighted but the rest of us, not so much.

Posted via CB10
    I hope blackberry never becomes a phone for people who like "specs". Hope they stay a company for people that care about the performance of the phone and it's productivity.

I don't mind having a phone that the processor was made of bird poo with diarrhea, as long as it is very fast, snappy and realiable, way better thana Octa-core with 500gb of RAM that lags everywhere.
    11-21-14 09:36 AM
    I have a feeling that it's going to be more successful then the Passport but I don't want it to be. When I first saw the Classic I thought to myself is Blackberry losing it and taking a backward direction.

I think they need to innovate like the Passport which I just purchased and love so much. My selfish ways is telling me I don't want Blackberry to keep wasting time on making pre historic phones coming back form the dead, instead focus more time on innovative designs.

The other thing is people are going to instantly judge Blackberry as a "so...2005 thing" because the Classic looks like any other phones that was created 5 years ago. It's just not a good image when people already thinks Blackberry is no longer an innovative company.
    Is your point that short term success of the Classic could mean long term failure for the company? That's the only way I can make sense out of this.

The thing is, they are innovating with devices like the Passport.

Both are important.

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-21-14 10:12 AM
    I tried the Passport and absolutely loved the size and carrying the latest and greatest BlackBerry. Definitely a head turner and conversation starter.

I work sales for an company that puts me responding to work emails from my mobile device all day long as well as some weekends. My one gripe about the passport was not having the 4th row of keys, I use tons of punctuation and symbols that made it a pain to pull up via the virtual keyboard on the Passport. I have my most used symbol keys memorized so that I can quickly use a symbol and get back to my message without thinking about it. I would absolutely love a Passport with the 4th row of keys and no trackpad but for the time being I'm definitely pulling the trigger on the Classic.

Posted via Q10
    11-21-14 10:14 AM

Laptop design hasn't changed either and it's still more productive than working on a tablet.
    WES51 and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-21-14 01:27 PM
    if the Classic succeeds, we'll have plenty of new Native apps!
    that's what I'd like to see!
    thymaster likes this.
    11-21-14 01:34 PM

I think they need to innovate like the Passport which I just purchased and love so much. My selfish ways is telling me I don't want Blackberry to keep wasting time on making pre historic phones coming back form the dead, instead focus more time on innovative designs..
    Exactly how is it taking a "backwards direction" or is it "prehistoric"? Because it has buttons? A keyboard? As it turns out...people WANT those features.

Back from the dead? Um, they aren't dead. I guess you didn't' get the memo.

Innovative designs? Wait....let me guess. You mean like a rectangular piece of glass that nearly every other phone in existence has?

You mean people are not ALREADY doing this?

BB already MADE a phone that looks like it's not a "2005 thing".....so what's your point? BB is now concentrating on what it's customers WANT. They are not trying to trick 13 year-olds into thinking they are just like Iphone. That's pointless.
    11-21-14 01:36 PM
    Going backwards isn't always "worse". Remember 10 years ago or more when the concept of a smaller phone = a better phone? remember when smaller phones were the premium, top of the range and most expensive models? Guess what? we wen't backwards, now the bigger phones are the most expensive and top of the range, the small ones are the "cheap" and booring ones. The entire smartphone industry went backwards... so is it worse now?
    WES51, thymaster, ponpiri and 1 others like this.
    11-21-14 03:51 PM
    Let's just hope that the Classic sells great before we worry about whether it makes the cost of making other phones obsolete

Posted via CB Z30
    11-21-14 04:19 PM
    The Classic is the BlackBerry bringing me back to the brand. I think it will do well.
    RyanGermann and ponpiri like this.
    11-21-14 06:15 PM
    I still can't figure out how the classic being successful is going to ruin BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-21-14 06:23 PM
    Another "The end of Blackberry" thread #facepalm
    Chrisy, m1a1mg, jupiter8 and 1 others like this.
    11-21-14 06:31 PM
    Hey... Apple has been doing the same phone for 7 years !
    I know right it's the same old iphones just bigger haha

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-21-14 06:41 PM
    OS7 had a no nonsense, direct approach to doing those things the phone could actually do. Let's say you took a picture - you could immediately hit the blackberry button then scroll down to "rename" and rename the shot ( or document, or whatever right there ). With BB10 there are "theatrics involved".

OS7 also had a way of scrolling video titles ( no matter how long they were ) so the user could EASILY see exactly what it was ( by name ) prior to selecting to play that video. There are other things and it's THOSE THINGS that Blackberry should focus on bringing back! It's fine to develop a more powerful phone and an OS that has the potential to do more but seriously, is there an example of IOS releasing a new phone whereas they introduce MORE STEPS to do a thing than the prior model?

This is the type of bed soiling that Blackberry must stop doing if it wants to re-gain some of it's lost market share & they can do it but they have to stop soiling themselves.
    11-21-14 07:54 PM
    OS7 had a no nonsense, direct approach to doing those things the phone could actually do. Let's say you took a picture - you could immediately hit the blackberry button then scroll down to "rename" and rename the shot ( or document, or whatever right there ). With BB10 there are "theatrics involved".

OS7 also had a way of scrolling video titles ( no matter how long they were ) so the user could EASILY see exactly what it was ( by name ) prior to selecting to play that video. There are other things and it's THOSE THINGS that Blackberry should focus on bringing back! It's fine to develop a more powerful phone and an OS that has the potential to do more but seriously, is there an example of IOS releasing a new phone whereas they introduce MORE STEPS to do a thing than the prior model?

This is the type of bed soiling that Blackberry must stop doing if it wants to re-gain some of it's lost market share & they can do it but they have to stop soiling themselves.
    Well, the whole scrolling name thing didn't make sense for BB10 without a trackpad since you had to highlight it first for the name to scroll. Without the trackpad highlighting it meant long pressing or else you simply opened it. I hope they would put the scrolling name thing back to 10.3.1 now that the Classic is coming out though...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-21-14 07:59 PM
    You are forgetting about all those people still using the 9900. Business, for the most part, doesn't care about looks. Only about production.
    Agree. Think about it like having a Dell PC at work. How it looks is not the point.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 08:01 PM
    Indeed, but you are also forgetting that OS7 are still more Productive than BB10.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    Unless any part of your productivity involves browsing the web.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    momofteme likes this.
    11-21-14 08:03 PM
    Definitely untrue in my opinion.....i think the Classic is going to get all those holding back, the best opportunity to see what BlackBerry 10 is truly like. I believe the Classic is going to help make the BB10 community to grow.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    Lefty724 likes this.
    11-21-14 10:18 PM
    You are forgetting about all those people still using the 9900. Business, for the most part, doesn't care about looks. Only about production.
    Don't you mean productivity?
    11-21-14 10:28 PM
    Well, the whole scrolling name thing didn't make sense for BB10 without a trackpad since you had to highlight it first for the name to scroll. Without the trackpad highlighting it meant long pressing or else you simply opened it. I hope they would put the scrolling name thing back to 10.3.1 now that the Classic is coming out though...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    As you I hope BB brings back some of the standard "old hat" functionality everyone loved their phones for. To me Blackberry, in attempting to keep up with the Jones' thew the baby out with the bathwater in BB10. Many things about it are total Gong show.
    VeryBumpy and Mr4aces like this.
    11-22-14 12:06 AM
83 1234