The most ridiculous comment I have heard to date. Wait for the 'Lite' version it's due out in 2013.

CB10 on my Passport
    12-13-14 09:41 PM
    The Classic is going to be somewhat heavier/larger than my trackball Pearl...
    I loved my Pearl. That was the greatest little device of its time.
    ponpiri and bungaboy like this.
    12-13-14 09:48 PM
    Held it last week, and it feels heavy... however it underlines the great build quality. You feel like you have a real solid device on your hands. Loved it!!!

Posted by a BlackBerry Passport
    andy957 likes this.
    12-14-14 06:57 AM
    12-14-14 07:15 AM
    I'm not a big guy but I personally want a solid device to hold. The weight will just make this device have that solid feel to it and with that expected longer life battery, what more would you want.
    Bring it on!!! can't wait for release day.

Via My amazing BBPassport
    donemt likes this.
    12-14-14 07:20 AM
    To me the weight of the Classic means that it has more substance to it than say his 9780 and I am sure its going to feel great in the hand .
    This is the second thread from someone saying it's too heavy without even holding it.

I have never picked up a phone that was too heavy.

Laptops and tablets, yes. But not phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 07:22 AM
    Too funny.

ibpluto, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    12-14-14 08:08 AM
    Do you even lift bro?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 08:12 AM
    Whatever gets you off man

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:36 AM
    LMAO! This can't be a serious thread!

Somebody get this guy an appt with Hans & Franz.
    Lol... they'll get them "pumped up"!
    12-14-14 11:28 AM
    I wonder if this thread was posted by "scrawny arms" Rob Lowe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=st_GI73-aVE
    bungaboy and awindsr like this.
    12-14-14 11:33 AM
    Passport weight is fine, a little heavy but probably the weight is more noticeable due to the form factor. Classic weight should be fine, I would think it will feel far more ergo than the passport. Hopefully rock-solid feel.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 11:52 AM
    Man that Classic needs to go on a diet. I wish I only had a few grams to lose. LOL
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-14-14 12:48 PM
    You guys can make jokes, but this is a serious issue for those of us who carry phones in a shirt pocket or a suit coat inside pocket. Obviously, it's not question of lifting it, it's a question of it dragging your clothes down and looking stupid. Weight is a serious factor in mobile phones. The iPhone 6 weighs 129 grams. I remember how much I loved the 8120 Pearl because it was so small and easy to slip into a pocket. I was really interested in the Classic (thinking it would be more like a 9900) until I saw how big and heavy it is.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-14-14 01:42 PM
    You guys can make jokes, but this is a serious issue for those of us who carry phones in a shirt pocket or a suit coat inside pocket. Obviously, it's not question of lifting it, it's a question of it dragging your clothes down and looking stupid. Weight is a serious factor in mobile phones. The iPhone 6 weighs 129 grams. I remember how much I loved the 8120 Pearl because it was so small and easy to slip into a pocket. I was really interested in the Classic (thinking it would be more like a 9900) until I saw how big and heavy it is.
    If this is dragging down one side of your suit coat, your suit coat doesn't fit right.
    12-14-14 01:45 PM
    Well, if it's such a problem, then get the Classic Lite, which has a smaller screen, smaller battery and no trackpad.

Or, yanno, lift a little.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 01:50 PM
    This picture may be funny to most of you, but was a detriment to me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...e-wish-930381/

I have used a mobil phone since 1975, so I'm no stranger to changes and the cost for this convenience to run a business. During the 90's I owned a landscape company that did work within 300 miles of Portland and used the Motorola brick phone to communicate. I don't remember how many minutes I was on this phone but I do remember using 3 spare batteries and the monthly bill was over $700/mo.

January 1998 a lump on my right neck was diagnose as Lymphoma (non curable type). I threw my phones away because I knew the phone caused my cancer. After 4 years of remission I bought a cell phone 12/2003. Three months later my Lymphoma came back, then again in 2008. If it wasn't for a new drug used in my treatments in 1998, that I was a test case, I would be dead.

I use the my cell phone as little as possible and the majority of the time I email or text. Since we have no internet it serves as my computer.

The high usage of cell phone especially by kids concerns me and how phones are again getting bigger and stronger.

So, I'm ok with:
    The antenna that is standard;
    Smaller battery that needs a charge;
    A device small enough to put in my coat pocket instead of my pants;

I just thought I would share my feelings about where this industry is going. So, for all the demanding consumers, the manufactures knows this.

My 10 cents

Channel C003DB0B0

My Intro:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/introdu...me-out-923102/
    So be careful what you ask for. I do use a mobile phone with the speaker but I send a text message most of the time. That is why I'm ok with a smaller battery.
    12-14-14 02:21 PM
    My Nokia 808 is 169 g, at least I don't crap myself everytime I think it's not in my pocket
    12-14-14 02:23 PM
    I only weigh128 pounds and I can bench press 45 pounds on each side of the barbell 15 times each rep, so something that weighs less than 200g shouldn't be a problem for me lol. I actually like my phone to be on the heavy side like the Z30- makes it feel sturdy .

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 02:52 PM
    I only weigh128 pounds and I can bench press 45 pounds on each side of the barbell 15 times each rep, so something that weighs less than 200g shouldn't be a problem for me lol. I actually like my phone to be on the heavy side like the Z30- makes it feel sturdy .

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    Lifting 45lbs barbell isn't something to brag about LOL. But I know whatchu mean

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:21 PM
    Lifting 45lbs barbell isn't something to brag about LOL. But I know whatchu mean

Posted via CB10
    He described a caddy on each side. 90lbs of weight and a 45lb bar, that's 135lbs of weight. Not a whole lot, but it's beyond the 1:1 weight ratio and he said he does reps with that. So not bad. He's not competing anywhere with that, but I'd say he's doing alright in terms of being in shape.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    nhanken and BerryRipe like this.
    12-14-14 05:35 PM
    You're not crazy. Just a girl.
    12-14-14 05:42 PM
    He described a caddy on each side. 90lbs of weight and a 45lb bar, that's 135lbs of weight. Not a whole lot, but it's beyond the 1:1 weight ratio and he said he does reps with that. So not bad. He's not competing anywhere with that, but I'd say he's doing alright in terms of being in shape.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Oh Ops thought he meant a 45 lbs dumbell in each hand, not the long bar. I miss read it.

Posted via CB10
    nhanken likes this.
    12-14-14 05:42 PM
    This is the second thread from someone saying it's too heavy without even holding it.

I have never picked up a phone that was too heavy.

Laptops and tablets, yes. But not phones.

Posted via CB10
    My HTC evo 4g was too heavy lol

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:49 PM
    While playing with a working Passport at a Rogers store in Hamilton, my wife and I got to hold and play with a non working demo of the BlackBerry Classic. Only after seeing the title of the OP thread, did I remember that while leaving, my wife remarked, "the BlackBerry Classic is a lot lighter than my Q10" she said. I laughed saying "it was only a demo, just paper inside. No screen or battery or any internals."

The Passport was in a demo mode I havnt seen before. With cool teaching sections. Which we played with for 5min. I guess the Classic's paper print out confused her, as we only had a min to hold it before the clerk put it back in the safe.

Never the less, I like hefty devices. Heavy is better for me. Soon phones will be so light, they'll be the things flying off tables from air movement walking by. Of course a phone's weight shouldn't be a burden, or cause fatigue. Whatever that balance is, I will leave up to the designers.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    12-14-14 05:51 PM
182 1234 ...