BlackBerry Classic in white arrives this month, blue and bronze in April | CrackBerry.com

Remember the blue and bronze colored Classics that were supposed to come out in April?

I've been a BlackBerry fan for years, so them missing an expected release date, just like Security and keyboards, is what I associate with BlackBerry. I'm guessing that since the white one was due in March and didn't come out until a few days ago (in May), that these blue and bronze ones won't be out until June or something.

Has anyone heard anything more about them?
    05-06-15 04:37 PM
    Haven't heard but I'm not surprised things take longer than the rumor...or announced date. Seems like we are always waiting for something better....
    05-06-15 04:47 PM
    Products get delayed all of the time.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-06-15 05:12 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Wouldn't surprise me if we never see these devices. Bla1ze mentioned somewhere that even BlackBerry pulled all info regarding the blue and bronze units. I might just have to settle for a white one.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 05:20 PM
    U will never see them

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 07:42 PM
    I think they should have kept the color options to the Classic S or something...with slightly improved specs. Otherwise, what's the point of releasing a hardware that is two years old.

Look how bad the HTC m9 gets it...by merely releasing a phone that looks identical to a m8 (even though m9 has upgraded specs)

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:47 PM
    I was waiting for the different colored Classics. But when they released the white model and made no mention of North America I got my wife the black one. She's gonna use a case anyway and I figure the others will be a bit more expensive, especially with the current sale. No regrets. Just got it all set up last night. I'm impressed. But then I'm biased.

It's funny. It's large for a PKB BlackBerry but seems small alongside my Passport.

But I honestly don't expect the other colors to be offered on this continent.
    05-06-15 09:02 PM
    How is the Classic actually selling though? Anyone with recent info? If it's not selling as well as planned I'm not surprised they chose not to produce more variants.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:15 PM
    Sad to hear that they might not even produce them.
    Those unclear release dates are something about BlackBerry's strategy that I find very unprofessional and questionable.

Why do they even announce different colors when they don't know whether they will release them? Some people are waiting for those products and don't buy at launch because of that.
    Also, why are they constantly delaying launch dates? I'd rather hear a late release date that will actually prove true instead of this.
    And why can't they just release at least the black and white versions at the same time?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 10:47 PM
    Whatever the rumor release date is add 6-12 months to it. That's how BlackBerry roll.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    05-06-15 11:36 PM
    Sad to hear that they might not even produce them.
    Those unclear release dates are something about BlackBerry's strategy that I find very unprofessional and questionable.

Why do they even announce different colors when they don't know whether they will release them? Some people are waiting for those products and don't buy at launch because of that.
    Also, why are they constantly delaying launch dates? I'd rather hear a late release date that will actually prove true instead of this.
    And why can't they just release at least the black and white versions at the same time?
    Because it's BlackBerry.
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    05-07-15 12:00 AM
    Whatever the rumor release date is add 6-12 months to it. That's how BlackBerry roll.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    That's true. I'm not a specs guy, especially not with an overall great device like the Classic but what bothers me is that they launch a device which is specs wise already a couple of years late to the market with a further delay of 6-12 months and then add another 6-12 months for the white version to be released.

Because it's BlackBerry.
    Yeah and it's kind of sad that we have to so ironically accept those kind of things because it's just BlackBerry. If they want to polish their reputation they should start with a proper schedule which is actually feasible and make their loyal customers happy.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:09 AM
    I did like the look of the bronze one
    05-07-15 12:25 AM
    The blue and bronze colours have just been mentioned on their blog about a month ago. No news ever since. I too wouldn't be surprised if they don't see the light of day and even if, they most likely get the same country and region restrictions as the white Classic. Around here neither the white Classic, nor the red Passport are available. I doubt we'll see a blue and bronze Classic on our market.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 01:11 AM
    Products get delayed all of the time.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Quite typical with BlackBerry. Not surprised. :-D

Posted from an ME173X
    05-07-15 02:23 AM
    I think those models were BlackBerry stepping outside of their usual form. If anything, they should release those models as limited editions for collectors or something.
    05-07-15 08:47 AM
    Maybe we'll see them with the Classic 2. At this point it feels a little late. But enterprise phones are meant to last awhile, so it may happen halfway into the lifespan of the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:55 AM
    Maybe we'll see them with the Classic 2. At this point it feels a little late. But enterprise phones are meant to last awhile, so it may happen halfway into the lifespan of the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I don't think the plans are entirely dead. We have seen a red Passport and even a white/gold Q10 so there is a chance of those devices being released in the future.
    I would love to see a Classic 2 but I doubt something like it would be released before 2017 unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:31 AM
    If they're not going to release them, they should focus on next classic model.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 10:08 AM
    I've got $500 sitting aside waiting for the Bronze so I can make my black Classic the spare. I really hope they make them available soon. In the end, I'll settle for a white version.

Couldn't even imagine owning a blue phone.....

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    05-07-15 06:19 PM
    I've got $500 sitting aside waiting for the Bronze so I can make my black Classic the spare. I really hope they make them available soon. In the end, I'll settle for a white version.

Couldn't even imagine owning a blue phone.....

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    A blue BB10 Curve would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:49 PM
    I wonder if the reason BlackBerry doesn't release other colors is due to the fear of having too much inventory. If BlackBerry wants to remain lean and focused on cash flow they might not want to have too many phones waiting to be sold. Or Chen just doesn't see the need for having other colors besides black and white since he wants to focus on government and enterprise customers.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 08:37 PM
    Demand for the Classic might not have been high enough... obviously that's not something BlackBerry would want to shout about.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-10-15 10:56 PM
    In my opinion, they'll launch its going to be a slow launch. The white Classic is starting to roll out. We'll see the other Classics slowly.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 11:24 PM
    These companies are so dumb staggered color releases lmao i'm sure the original all black will always outsell these other colors, which wastes resources if ya wanna do multiple colors have them all available at launch or just dead it

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-11-15 02:30 AM