I just got the classic two days ago and have two issues I noticed right out the box. I am wondering if they are known on the classic or should I return my current one. 1) The speaker when max or a few notches below max vibrates and sounds horrible. 2) The front facing camera takes such poor quality photos leaving someone's face either bright red (over saturated) or certain parts whitened for no reason. Feedback? Also, what other issues are people having so I can look out for them?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:21 PM
    I just got the classic two days ago and have two issues I noticed right out the box. I am wondering if they are known on the classic or should I return my current one. 1) The speaker when max or a few notches below max vibrates and sounds horrible. 2) The front facing camera takes such poor quality photos leaving someone's face either bright red (over saturated) or certain parts whitened for no reason. Feedback? Also, what other issues are people having so I can look out for them?

Posted via CB10
    I would return it. Sounds unusual.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-23-15 04:24 PM
    Also, proximity sensor flashes whenever I start a call which I never noticed on my Z10. I'm guessing my unit must have some faults at the top since all issues are coming from that area.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Issues Out Of The Box?-img_20150123_174208.jpg  
    01-23-15 04:45 PM
    proximity sensor flashes whenever I start a call which I never noticed on my Z10
    Bot my z10 and z30 do this, but faintly.
    01-23-15 05:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't get that sound issue, but I have no idea about the front camera thing, haven't used it once since getting the phone. And with the Q10 I only used it to skype with my sister and my nephew. I guess I haven't caught on the whole selfie culture.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-23-15 05:54 PM
    The sound may be a loose top lock button rattling. I noticed mine rattles when I gently toss it on my couch or bed.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:02 PM
    The sound may be a loose top lock button rattling. I noticed mine rattles when I gently toss it on my couch or bed.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure the rattle you are hearing when you toss the phone down is the NFC pins that are under the back cover.

01-23-15 08:50 PM
    Exchange the phone? Mine has been solid. Three weeks now. And I am rough with it. No case, just a screen protector.

Posted via Classic
    01-23-15 09:28 PM
    I just checked your issues:

Regarding the audio, my phone's back also starts to vibrate slightly when rising volume to almost the max. However it is so loud I am not surprised about it. These small speakers simply aren't designed for such a performance.

The proximity sensor always starts flashing up when placing a call, that also is the case on Q10 and Passport, in addition also the Lumia 1020 which runs Windows Phone. It is a normal behaviour.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 07:46 AM
    How about your front facing camera? The front facing camera leaves a red circle on all pictures as shown in the attached photo. Anyone else have same issue along with making certain parts of picture overly white.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:08 AM
    Did you remove the protective foil from the screen?
    01-24-15 10:21 AM
    Yes, all plastic that came with the phone was removed. Contacted BlackBerry customer support and they said it could be hardware issue while the proximity sense flashing can be a software issue, awaiting their official answer. This one is most likely going back to Amazon on Monday in order to buy another. Just disappointing that so many issues right out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:25 AM
    Well the proximity sensor flashing is no issue. That's how it works. You would be worried if it wasn't flashing, so whoever from BlackBerry support told you that is full of BS.
    The camera seems like could be hardware related. Give it a little tap. Could be some stuck lens element. Reboot the phone.
    01-24-15 11:01 AM
    Just used my front camera for the first time just to test it out. And yep, I look exactly like I remember me, don't get the selfie craze, but anyway, mine came out fine, there might be something wrong with your unit. Although if it's a white balance issue, that sounds software, but if it's only the front facing camera that does it, that sounds like it is maybe hardware, no idea. I say get it exchanged since it's still new...

TJF54 likes this.
    01-24-15 11:24 AM
    Oh! You want a selfie smartphone? Of course...

 Classic
    01-24-15 02:33 PM
    No, just a cell phone that works after I spend $450. I think that's a reasonable request.

Posted via CB10
    CompMan2013, TJF54 and eji930 like this.
    01-24-15 02:36 PM
    No, just a cell phone that works after I spend $450. I think that's a reasonable request.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I was only stating why I haven't used it, but it should still work as it should. Plus, I would use it for skype with my nephew.

01-24-15 03:08 PM
    Sorry about the sarcastic comment... I don't have the issues that you are describing... Maybe you got unlucky and have a faulty device? You should compare your Classic with another one, maybe one on display at a selling point.
    01-25-15 05:59 AM
    Sent the Classic back to Amazon. The camera and audio issues my unit has made Classic a downgrade from Z10. I'm debating to order another one or wait to see what BlackBerry has for the rest of the year.
    TJF54 likes this.
    01-27-15 10:46 PM
    Sent the Classic back to Amazon. The camera and audio issues my unit has made Classic a downgrade from Z10. I'm debating to order another one or wait to see what BlackBerry has for the rest of the year.
    That's the beauty of Amazon. If you have a problem, send it back. No arguing with their customer service like you would have to do with some other retailers... Luckily my Classic works perfectly, so I didn't have to worry about that.

01-28-15 09:53 AM
    No consolation to you, but at least you haven't mentioned "lightbleed" which is another fault with many of the devices people have bought. Your comment regarding the money you paid to get a quality device is a spot-on statement. Why is there so much inconsistency from unit to unit?
    01-28-15 09:53 AM
    My keyboard had the gap above tool belt along with light bleed around certain keys but that was minor compared to other issues. Consistency is key.
    01-28-15 12:32 PM
    I have what I consider a severe case of the gap between the screen and the toolbar, but since my Classic is functioning properly, I am not returning the phone because I am afraid the replacement may have even worse problems. That's pretty sad, isn't it!
    01-29-15 07:53 AM
    Mine has been perfect! No problem whatsoever!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:08 AM