OK, so I found an issue with Calendar. I only want my personal calendar to display on my BB, yet all of the calendars I subscribe to in GMail are showing up. Any suggestions on how to achieve finer grained control over what is displayed?

Thanks,
    Ted
    In the calendar app swipe down from the top and you will see "manage". You can chose the calendars to display there.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    ncted likes this.
    04-06-15 02:18 PM
    In the calendar app swipe down from the top and you will see "manage". You can chose the calendars to display there.

Awesome. That is exactly what I needed!
    04-06-15 03:13 PM
    Awesome. That is exactly what I needed!
    Enjoy your new phone!

04-06-15 03:33 PM
    After a week of solid usage, I can say I am very pleased with my Classic. I can fly through typing tasks, which is the big, obvious reason I came back to BB. I have hit a snag however with getting Photos off my Classic and onto my MacBook. I am running the latest OS X, 10.10.3 (Yosemite), and the Link application seems to be very buggy and incompatible. Attempting to sync media between the device and computer causes the application to crash. Additionally, whatever format the BB uses on my SD Card (supposedly Fat32) is not recognized by OS X either, so I cannot even just use mass storage mode. Anyone have any suggestions? I really just want to be able to put the photos I take on my Classic into my photo library, and listen to some MP3s.

Thanks,
    Ted
    04-12-15 09:50 PM
    OK. Reformatting my SD Card on my computer as FAT32 fixed my issue getting photos and videos copied off my device. I am still trying to figure out how to get music on my device though.
    04-13-15 02:10 PM
    Does your work use Google Apps for business Gmail or just the free Gmail? If they use Google Apps you can set it up through Exchange on your BlackBerry. That way you get realtime push email, calendar & contacts. That's how my BlackBerry Classic is set up and it works beautifully.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 10:14 PM
    After a week of solid usage, I can say I am very pleased with my Classic. I can fly through typing tasks, which is the big, obvious reason I came back to BB. I have hit a snag however with getting Photos off my Classic and onto my MacBook. I am running the latest OS X, 10.10.3 (Yosemite), and the Link application seems to be very buggy and incompatible. Attempting to sync media between the device and computer causes the application to crash. Additionally, whatever format the BB uses on my SD Card (supposedly Fat32) is not recognized by OS X either, so I cannot even just use mass storage mode. Anyone have any suggestions? I really just want to be able to put the photos I take on my Classic into my photo library, and listen to some MP3s.

Thanks,
    Ted
    Install blackberry blend. Let's you do file sharing and reply to emails and sms and bbm straight from blend.

You can also map network drive of your phone onto you're mac and just drop files into it or copy to mac.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:32 PM
    Does your work use Google Apps for business Gmail or just the free Gmail? If they use Google Apps you can set it up through Exchange on your BlackBerry. That way you get realtime push email, calendar & contacts. That's how my BlackBerry Classic is set up and it works beautifully.

Posted via CB10
    We use the business version. I thought Google was deprecating the Exchange connector?
    04-14-15 07:47 AM
    Install blackberry blend. Let's you do file sharing and reply to emails and sms and bbm straight from blend.

You can also map network drive of your phone onto you're mac and just drop files into it or copy to mac.

Posted via CB10
    Would I need to use Wi-Fi for that?
    04-14-15 07:48 AM
    Just get it, Classic does all this and email is much more efficiently. In fact, you don't need an Gmail app. It's like the Bold 9900, just set up your emails and you're ready to go.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    04-14-15 07:55 AM
    Would I need to use Wi-Fi for that?
    It works over Wifi. And there is also an option to enable it over the mobile network as well. But if transferring files don't recommend using the mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:10 PM
    +op

Email work best in blackberry, ios' email just soooooo bad

Don't expect app for BlackBerry, apk from android in blackberry, lagging

Use blend to connect to mac os, works well, u can go through, copy paste your file from mac os to your BlackBerry and vice versa

Suggestion, use both your phone

Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukitatta - Posted via CB
    04-14-15 12:33 PM
    To transfer file, I just go to settings and use mine blackberry as a USB device

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:44 PM

Thanks,
    Ted
    Had lots of problems with transferring photos to or from BlackBerry with Link on macbook. It usually syncs 250 photos at a time and then I have to restart link and disconnect the phone several times to get them all transferred. This one time, I couldn't get them at all )

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 12:44 PM
39 12