09-15-15 11:19 AM
34 12
    Personally, I can cut and paste just as well and maybe even better on my Z10 than my 9900. I really do not think that the iOS innovation is that big of a deal.

I hardly think that many consumers will be thinking of cut and paste when they buy their next phone.

Posted via CB10
    I don't disagree. I was more focused on the fact that iOS is very slowly taking away some of the key advantages Blackberry has been holding on to. It's more than cut and paste - it's text manipulation in general (such as error correcting, rewriting, reviewing and editing, etc.). I know this doesn't move the needle for the 99% of the market that moved away. Just saying that it is likely going to make it harder to keep the 1% we still have.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-10-15 11:48 AM
    Good, thoughtful analysis, though I would disagree with this point:

The fact that Windows is 3rd place shows how much BlackBerry never got it. The difference in the OS was night and day with BlackBerry being far far better and still no one wanted BlackBerry.
    Well, if BlackBerry "got it" like Microsoft, they would have lost billions in advertising dollars, courting app developer dollars, and hardware dollars. Microsoft bought their way into third place and that third place is pretty pathetic, so technically, they didn't "get it".
    09-10-15 11:55 AM
    Interesting analysis by all who contributed.

To add I think maybe if Blackberry spent as much money getting the marketing campaign right for BB 10 and making it as aggressive as Samsung and Apple there would have possibly been more interest.

Also there has been a lack of communication from Blackberry for us users. If they were more user focused then BB10 would have evolved out as a better and more acceptable OS for the masses.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-10-15 01:07 PM
    Yes but what I don't get is why there are idiots out there who praise Apple's decision on reducing the capacity of the battery on the iphone (the new i6s has even smaller battery capacity but it's thicker). I hear things like "OS is more optimized so therefore battery capacity will not be greatly affected", "That's how Apple their push technology advances by have better optimized hardware and OS". Gimme a break, why would I want a phone that can barely last me a day with daily use....
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-10-15 01:21 PM
    Today it maybe. 3 -4 years ago don't think so. The wrong deigned Q10 stopped all 9900 users from making the switch to BB10OS. This would have helped BlackBerry maintain it's market share and time to develop new products and perfect the OS as we see today.

To little to late?

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    I'd go even a little further. If a Classic like phone would have come years before the BB10 launch, then it could have worked. By that I mean as an alternative to the first iPhone, or actually instead of the storm. BB10, regardless of the model, has already been too little too late.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 02:10 PM
    It was called the Bold 9900

I came from the iPhone 3G at the time I had multiple email accounts that phone saved me over 50%

I still use this phone as my second phone/
    09-11-15 07:47 AM
    It was called the Bold 9900

I came from the iPhone 3G at the time I had multiple email accounts that phone saved me over 50%

I still use this phone as my second phone/
    He meant a BlackBerry 10 phone that had capabilities like the iPhone at the time.

Had BlackBerry saw the potential impact that applications would come to play, instead of trashing the iphone with condescension saying that people only care about email and need a keyboard, they would've still remained competitive because they had a large enough user base as incentive for developers...

Too little too late, just like BBM cross platform.

But Android combined with the BlackBerry experience and hardware, I'm sure will turn their fortunes around.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 12:18 PM
    I'd said that BlackBerry should implement this feature into their VKB as soon as the Passport launched and I had a chance to play around on it. It's a great idea, even if it may be more useful to some than to others.

While, yes, it's a concept that BlackBerry did first on the Passport, it's also now something that Apple has been the first to implement on a VKB. BlackBerry's own fault for not bringing it into use sooner with their other devices. Apple has probably now patented this to some extent and this is how the tech industry works. Take a good idea, improve it and integrate the idea into other uses and capitalize on it.
    09-11-15 12:24 PM
    It's no big deal that companies copy each other. If BlackBerry fails to market their features, that's their bad. Also it's no news that Apple sells old technology as revolutionary, but people buy it. Nonetheless, it's not a one-way street, BlackBerry definitely copies ideas and features too.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with this guy. RIM intentionally developed BB10 to exclude their trackpad because they wanted to be another iAndroid. It's hard to feel sorry for them if Apple decides to include a rejected BlackBerry feature in their own product.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-15-15 11:19 AM
34 12