Yes, that's right, I'm switching SIM cards and going back to the Classic! I'll still keep the 7 for apps and such, but I am OVER trying to type effectively on the iPhone. I will use the Classic as my main phone for e-mailing, texting and calls. Also will have a news and weather app, just for the basics, which is all I need 90% of the time. Will keep the iPhone for the other apps, so carrying two phones around. Worth the trade off so I can finally go back to that beautiful PKB!!!!! This solution will do until KeyONE comes out, then it's all Blackberry, goodbye Apple. Anyone else still rocking the Classic?
    herbersh and anon(9697770) like this.
    05-13-17 07:19 AM
    Yep, still rocking the Classic here too! Funny thing too is that just a couple days ago, I was given an iPhone SE as a "new" work phone... and I just hate typing on that thing! The iOS doesn't feel as fluid as BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 10:39 AM
    I was given an iPhone 6 for my work phone last year and although I tried to adjust, I just don't like using it. I also hate the idea of carrying 2 phones, so I have all calls forwarded to my Classic, along with corporate email. The iPhone stays in my desk.
    Occasionally a colleague will ask why I am still using a Blackberry, and my answer is always: Because I can!

Posted via CB10
    digitladestined and glwerry like this.
    05-13-17 11:10 AM
    I got the 7Plus back in like November or December. It's cool but I'm still not perfect at typing on it.

When I try and type "the," I almost always some don't hit the "t" and end up typing "he."

I have a sim in my iPhone and Classic, and the Classic is just better at all things typing and even phone calls. I'm on T-Mobile, and when I'm talking on the phone to another T-Mobile user, the Classic displays an "HD" icon, and the voice call is crystal clear. It doesn't do that on the iPhone, and the voice calls aren't quite as crisp.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 03:36 PM
    I swap between my Classic and iPhone SE every few months. I like the iPhone but whenever I am on it for too long I end up missing my Classic. With the Classic I actually get to emails and texts no matter where I am. With the iPhone I wait till I can sit and concentrate lol. The VKB is good and I can use it fine but there is just something about the tactile feel of actual keys that can't be replicated with a VKB.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 03:42 PM
    I traded my 1st Classic in for an S7 about 7 months ago. Why? The job that I had at the time required me to travel about 60% of the time and there are a bunch of apps that made this much easier. I also had to use Concur for expenses and a number of other apps for miscellaneous projects, reports, etc.

Earlier this month, I decided that after 5 years, management was not where I needed to be and went back to being an Account Executive (sales). This is what I was born to do. Since 2000, I had always had a Blackberry and it had always been one of the more productive tools at my disposal. I only need a phone for the basics and for me, Blackberry - more specifically the Classic, does this better than any phone I have owned.

The size, the keyboard, the presets (shortcuts), the call quality, etc, etc, etc.

For example, I can long press "E" to compose a new email, type my email, double tap the BB button and it sends. Just easy. Since I work from home, the basics are all I require.

So I went to eBay yesterday, found a New-In- Box Classic, negotiated the price down and it will be here Monday. Don't get me wrong, the S7 is a great phone but it is over-kill for what I need and simply does not function how my Classic will. Hopefully there are more stories out there.
    05-17-17 07:41 PM
    Earlier this month, I decided that after 5 years, management was not where I needed to be and went back to being an Account Executive (sales). This is what I was born to do. Since 2000, I had always had a Blackberry and it had always been one of the more productive tools at my disposal. I only need a phone for the basics and for me, Blackberry - more specifically the Classic, does this better than any phone I have owned.
    Off topic, but I am always envious of the people who are able to simple switch jobs because they love it. I'm here with a university degree and about 6 years experience in my field and I'm still struggling. Hope to find one where I can continue to use my lovely bb10.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-17-17 08:33 PM
    I would think that anyone still using a BB10 device today, instead of the more common Android or iPhone, is in the absolute minority when it comes to marketshare and popularity. Probably what, 0.1% of the market? Still, those who use BB10 swear by it. The Classic is one of the best BlackBerry devices I've used. Arguably better than the OG Passport due to its smaller form factor and the use of the 4-row keyboard. And although looks may be deceiving, the tool belt is actually quite useful. Amazing piece of kit.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 01:58 AM
    I'm also switching to the Classic from Passport SE. Don't get me wrong. Passport is definitely more powerful and faster, but it's bulky and heavy, makes it uncomfortable for daily use. Especially for phone calls. Awkward would be the word. The keyboard is incredible, but it's too wide apart. They should have put the toolbelt for a phone this wide.

I've been using the Classic for close to six months ever since. And it's been perfect for what i need.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 05-18-17 at 09:00 PM.
    05-18-17 07:36 PM
    In a similar boat. I picked up a S7 Edge on a one day T-Mobile sale for 360 outright. I set up my S7 with Nova and subscribed to the BlackBerry Hub. I utilized Cobalt's method and have the exquisite BlackBerry VKB. It's a very good all touch device BUT I just can't not carry and use my Classic on hot spot. I have never used a business mobile device as efficient for me and my needs. The keyboard is the best I have EVER used. The BlackBerry HUB on 10 is better and the track pad, tool belt and shortcuts make this phone faster for all my needs. And I can use it one handed. I leave with my son to Indianapolis next week for the 500 and the Classic will be in my bag back with my SIM. Call quality on my Classic and signal strength is insanely good on T-Mobile. I prefer the size of my Classic for all things but maybe reading. (and honestly my Passport trumps my S7) I picked mine up in November of 2015 and I'll be using this until 2018 or longer. My only hope is that they keep security and the browser updated. They do so and I am golden.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    anon(9697770) likes this.
    05-18-17 08:18 PM
    I agree. I had both the Classic and iphone SE for a while. Sold my Classic a few weeks ago (not a heavy app user but missed a few I really needed and was just tired of all the workarounds to get what I wanted) but I'll never stop missing the physical keyboard. Eyeing the KEYone but I don't find the keybaord half as appealing as the Classic's.
    05-26-17 04:31 PM
    Yeah, I finally gave up. I love the PKB, but I was tired of not being able to do anything besides text. So, back to the iPhone I went. Much better phone even if typing is a bit more challenging. Not interested in the KEYone. It's as big and heavy as the Priv, which is a non-starter for me. Bye Blackberry. It's been great!
    05-28-17 08:43 AM
    I'm still rocking my classic as well. I think I've gotten used to the double typing that happens every so often. I definitely plan on using it until it finally dies. It does suck carrying two phones though, I also have an iphone 6

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    05-29-17 09:01 AM
    I traded my 1st Classic in for an S7 about 7 months ago. Why? The job that I had at the time required me to travel about 60% of the time and there are a bunch of apps that made this much easier. I also had to use Concur for expenses and a number of other apps for miscellaneous projects, reports, etc.

The size, the keyboard, the presets (shortcuts), the call quality, etc, etc, etc.

For example, I can long press "E" to compose a new email, type my email, double tap the BB button and it sends. Just easy. Since I work from home, the basics are all I require.

So I went to eBay yesterday, found a New-In- Box Classic, negotiated the price down and it will be here Monday. Don't get me wrong, the S7 is a great phone but it is over-kill for what I need and simply does not function how my Classic will. Hopefully there are more stories out there.
    So, after using the Classic for 2 weeks....I have decided to go back to the Samsung S7. I have come to the conclusion that the Classic did not change, my needs did. It still does the basics well; however, the S7 seems to do them better (for me).

The PKB is still a great part of the Classic, but as I used it more, it became about the only positive. The S7 has wifi calling which has become a necessity because I work from home and get poor reception. Wifi calling gives me crystal clear calls every time. Physical call answer/end buttons have been programed on my S7.

The email app I use (Nine) on the S7 is awesome; completely customizable and fast. Although the Classic has good email, it seemed slow to me now. I mentioned long pressing E on the Classic to compose a new email. The Nine app has an icon I put on the home screen to touch and open a new email.

I liked the presets feature for the letters on the Classic's keyboard; however, I am able to put contacts on my home page (unlimited) and group them by personal, accounts, prospects, etc.

For me, sadly, the S7 has become a more efficient business phone. It covers all my basic needs plus more. I will never say anything bad about BlackBerry because it has always been a great tool for me. In fact, when the time is right, I will absolutely consider the KeyOne.
    05-29-17 10:12 AM
    I've gone a slightly different route.

I went from a Classic to a PRIV because I had an app that I just couldn't get to run on the Classic.

Loving the PRIV and moved the wife from an 5c iPhone to a PRIV. She uses the VKB, whereas I'm a hard-core PKB user. If I had to use the 5c for even so much as typing the wifi password, then I was ready to hurl the stupid thing against the wall - it was SO freaking narrow!

Anyways, I find the PRIV to be just excellent, even though the keyboard isn't quite as good as the Classic one.
    05-29-17 10:56 AM
    I've gone a slightly different route.

I went from a Classic to a PRIV because I had an app that I just couldn't get to run on the Classic.

Loving the PRIV and moved the wife from an 5c iPhone to a PRIV. She uses the VKB, whereas I'm a hard-core PKB user. If I had to use the 5c for even so much as typing the wifi password, then I was ready to hurl the stupid thing against the wall - it was SO freaking narrow!

Anyways, I find the PRIV to be just excellent, even though the keyboard isn't quite as good as the Classic one.
    I have high hopes and fingers crossed for the KeyOne.
    05-29-17 12:32 PM
    I wish I was as jazzed about the KEYone as some others. I do love the PKB, but can't get past the size of the phone.
    05-29-17 03:49 PM
    Yep I went passport and priv back classic and iam happy

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 08:04 AM
    I have my Passport and an iphone7. Although there is lots that I found I do like about the iPhone, the keyboard is miserable! I wonder if BlackBerry will ever sell their vkb? That would be lovely to have on the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 08:37 AM
    I have my Passport and an iphone7. Although there is lots that I found I do like about the iPhone, the keyboard is miserable! I wonder if BlackBerry will ever sell their vkb? That would be lovely to have on the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I have the VKB on my Samsung S7. There is a YouTube video on how to install; however, I don't know enough about iPhone to know if it works as well.
    05-30-17 10:47 AM
    I have the VKB on my Samsung S7. There is a YouTube video on how to install; however, I don't know enough about iPhone to know if it works as well.
    Thanks ! I'll go have a look
    05-30-17 11:53 AM
    Well, that's why they call it a Crackbery, right? I'm back on the Classic. LOL! Still carrying the iPhone though. I was out of tehe office all day yesterday with just the iPhone and typing on it drove me insane. Went home, flipped the SIM back to the Classic and here I am...again.
    05-31-17 09:12 AM
    Just cant get how others feel. But I feel even faster typing in vkb.
    05-31-17 09:29 AM
    Yeah, I finally gave up. I love the PKB, but I was tired of not being able to do anything besides text. So, back to the iPhone I went. Much better phone even if typing is a bit more challenging. Not interested in the KEYone. It's as big and heavy as the Priv, which is a non-starter for me. Bye Blackberry. It's been great!
    What I've done with my iphone7 is to add as many BlackBerry apps as I could to the home screen (it's comforting to me ) Then I made a nice lock screen wallpaper with the BlackBerry logo (looks great) and on the home screen another BlackBerry logo. It's best I can do for myself under these trying circumstances.
    05-31-17 09:33 AM