Classic

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 04:59 PM
    One handed use, apps, screen, pretty much everything but messaging the iphone is absolutely superior.

Classic is a good phone but a bit long in the tooth. Too little too late.

Posted via CB10
    Hard to not respond to this one. I have both. I love the 6 for media and GPS. Evernote is good on iOS. That's about it, for me. The Calendar sucks. I have 3 or 4 Calendar apps that I have tried, none of them are as good as the Classic. Email notifications are night and day. I miss way to many notifications on the 6.

And there is nothing even close to the Remember App on IOS. Evernote is OK, but not as snappy as Remember. Those are a few of the shortcomings I have noticed after two days with the Classic and about 6 months with the 6.
    03-06-15 05:49 PM
    I have both the iPhone 6 plus and the Classic. I carry the Classic everyday all day and the only time I use my iPhone is to play music via bluetooth since my music on on itunes. Besides that I never use the iPhone anymore.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic!
    03-06-15 09:39 PM
    Hard to not respond to this one. I have both. I love the 6 for media and GPS. Evernote is good on iOS. That's about it, for me. The Calendar sucks. I have 3 or 4 Calendar apps that I have tried, none of them are as good as the Classic. Email notifications are night and day. I miss way to many notifications on the 6.

And there is nothing even close to the Remember App on IOS. Evernote is OK, but not as snappy as Remember. Those are a few of the shortcomings I have noticed after two days with the Classic and about 6 months with the 6.
    Interesting, I can't stand BB10 calendar, thinks its miles behind, slow, and sometimes don't even get notifications. But I don't use iOS calendar either, use the Sunrise app calendar.
    03-06-15 11:00 PM
    For me the classic is the only phone I use. I use it for work (reviewing ppt decks, checking out excel sheets, pounding out mails, checking flights and hotels, calling blablabla) plus reading news, whatsapping, youtube.
    If I really want to consume heavy media like full length movies on netflix for example, ill just get my ipad mini.

But rocking two phones at the same time? What for? The BBC does everything a smartphone needs to.

Of course playing games or doing fancy selfies aren't really it's best disciplines but who cares

I really really love it!!

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    03-07-15 05:57 AM
    I understand that in other departments like random apps the other companies are miles ahead.

Posted via CB10
    random apps? maybe you want to say that other departments have more/many categories of apps.
    03-07-15 08:17 AM
    Sorry. I'm defecting back to the iPhone 6. Fantastic as the Classic is for keyboard related activities, it has proved to be a little too focussed for my needs. I've realised that although I hate typing on glass, I don't do enough typing to have a device so dedicated to keyboard activities. Certainly not a hater - it's a great phone - but it's not the phone for me. I'll probably be back. I so want to be a BB fan. And I so want the great BB apps and solutions to find their way across the smartphone divide to the other platforms. To all of you who prefer and enjoy your Classics, keep doing so. I fully understand and respect your choice and why you would. What I love about phones these days is that there is something to suit everyone. And long may people have those choices.

Edit - that didn't last long. One very long email on the iPhone and i realised the error of my ways!
    Last edited by Macbbq; 03-07-15 at 09:52 PM.
    phuoc, Frosty_Power and Overlake like this.
    03-07-15 07:50 PM
    Interesting, I can't stand BB10 calendar, thinks its miles behind, slow, and sometimes don't even get notifications. But I don't use iOS calendar either, use the Sunrise app calendar.
    I use Sunrise too. But the snooze options are awful compared to BB10. The only reason I use Sunrise is because its the only apple calendar app I can find that will sync with Evernote reminders. Sadly the BlackBerry Evernote version doesn't have the reminder option yet? But hopefully soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:20 PM
    I'm a little bit of a nut. Have an iPhone 6, 6 plus and the classic. I think both iPhone and classic together make a perfect package for me. I've given up on the idea of 1 phone. Had a note 4 for awhile also...great device but I prefer the smoothness of the iPhone. However for messaging and email, there is no comparison to a physical keyboard. So....I carry both!
    andy957 likes this.
    03-08-15 05:27 PM

I use the Classic and a 6 plus. Different phones for different issues. I agree that email and calendar on the classic is a whole different animal and the jump from 10.2.x to 10.3.x was noticeable in that regard.

I still haven't quite figured out how to use Evernote and Remember together. I know they do slightly different things and Remember is tightly integrated with the OS but I feel there is more I can make it do (and that BlackBerry is missing out on something by not really leveraging the power of it).

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:18 AM
    I use Sunrise too. But the snooze options are awful compared to BB10. The only reason I use Sunrise is because its the only apple calendar app I can find that will sync with Evernote reminders. Sadly the BlackBerry Evernote version doesn't have the reminder option yet? But hopefully soon.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, I have never used evernote for calendar reminders. I'm on an exhange server at work and outlook seems ok for reminders. I can't fathom how or why I would use an app like evernote for that. My primary use for evernote is archving Web content that I will want to use someday.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:51 AM
36 12