Anyone owns both? I am wondering if there are people on this forum that owns both devices AND thinks the Classic is actually better

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 01:05 AM
    I own both, and am happy to carry two devices for most of the time.

I love the iPhone 6 for the big screen, brilliant camera, and the fast and highly detailed apps. I also use it to stream podcasts over Bluetooth when in the car, or when out for a walk/run. This is used with a data-only SIM.

I love my BlackBerry Classic for instant messaging and email, and as a phone...

I am only on day two with the Classic, was using a Bold 9900 of course, and then a Q10 after that... the iPhone 6 is great of course, but is being used a little less these days.

The Classic is superb, I was a bit worried after reading some users posts that I would see little difference coming from the Q10, but it is a great upgrade for me

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 01:35 AM
    You're comparing two different things. Most BlackBerry users probably don't care about apps and iOS. Most iPhone users are probably not interested in email, privacy, and physical keyboards. Hell, a lot aren't old enough to have even remembered physical keyboards. I like BlackBerry because it's a phone that focuses mostly on what I want: email, file management, and small size. At the same time having owned a nokia lumia 925 and now a 635, I understand that in other departments like random apps the other companies are miles ahead.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    01-07-15 01:48 AM
    i dont own an iPhone 6 or BlackBerry Classic, but i currently use 2 devices - the BlackBerry Q10 and an iPhone 5s

my main device is the Q10 a premium product and that unmistakable qwerty keyboard - i traded my beloved Bold 9700 and Torch 9800 on a pre-loved Q10 in 2014 and going back to the BB was the best feeling. i was using an iPhone 4, 4s even went to a Galaxy SII, traded all and went to a Galaxy Note, in itself a great phone/multimedia device, back in 2011 it was a huge phone, of course now the norm. Ended up trading the Note on a iPhone 5s and moved onto 4G/LTE.

all in all i use the Q10 as my main device for all my communication - calling, SMS, emailing, Twitter, LinkedIn in the BBHub. as a communication device i still maintain its the best.

the iPhone 5s - with data sim only is primarily used for the majority of my multimedia needs, camera, DropBox, Skype, iMessage for my contacts with iPhones, FaceTime and of course Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest (no FaceBook).

hope this helps
    01-07-15 02:00 AM
    For a blackberry to be a blackberry it seem like Q10 and Classic are still king. Excited to see how the Classic grows in presence.
    01-07-15 02:54 AM
    thanks guys. I understand they are two completely different devices. I am just curious that for someone who owns both devices, does the Classic gets left in the drawer most of the time? Or they're still happy and regularly use them both

Now I can tell that ppl loves their Classic...a very good sign

Posted via CB10
    pandabear444 likes this.
    01-07-15 03:27 AM
    How does the camera compare?

This is the main factor tipping iPhone 6 in favour of a Classic for me at the moment.
    01-07-15 05:29 AM

This is the main factor tipping iPhone 6 in favour of a Classic for me at the moment.
    there is no comparison i would wager the iPhone 6 camera is better than the BlackBerry Classic.

BlackBerry Classic vs. Apple iPhone 6 - GSMArena.com

CAMERA
    Primary
    8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
    Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama 1/3'' sensor size, 1.5�m pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous HD video and image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
    Video 1080p@30fps 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps
    Secondary 2 MP 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
    *this is the case in my iPhone 5s v BlackBerry Q10 camera comparison (i have & use both devices).

BlackBerry Q10 vs. Apple iPhone 5s - GSMArena.com

CAMERA
    Primary
    8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
    Features Geo-tagging, face detection 1/3'' sensor size, 1.5 �m pixel size, simultaneous HD video and image recording, touch focus, geo-tagging, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
    Video 1080p@30fps 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
    Secondary 2 MP, 720p 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps, face detection, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
    the camera may win but i prefer the Q10 overall.
    fortunate for me that i have both.
    Wmsi likes this.
    01-07-15 06:15 AM
    I own iPhone 6 plus and Classic both now. For me, both cellphones are necessary and I carry them together every day. Classic is the main tools for email and BBM. iPhone 6 plus is used for playing games, instant message, taking photos, etc as its huge quantity apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:01 AM
    I found a good feedback on Classic from this review.

Hope this helps
    Sime0n_S, Wmsi, guido0136 and 1 others like this.
    01-07-15 07:10 AM
    I found a good feedback on Classic from this review.

Hope this helps
    Good review mate. I can see that he tries to maintain his neutrality, but he definitely favor the Classic XD

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:20 AM
    I am still trying to decide which one to pull the trigger on as well. The fact that VZW hasnt announced WHEN its coming is swaying me towards the 6+
    01-07-15 10:35 AM
    thanks guys. I understand they are two completely different devices. I am just curious that for someone who owns both devices, does the Classic gets left in the drawer most of the time? Or they're still happy and regularly use them both

Now I can tell that ppl loves their Classic...a very good sign

Posted via CB10
    Don't have the Classic but I do have an iPhone 6, Z30 and a Passport for a bit before selling it.

I use my iPhone for going out and for some of the apps like Uber, which I use all the time. However BlackBerry has vastly superior email organization, search features and call quality.

So when I'm working I switch over to one of my BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 11:21 AM
    I am still trying to decide which one to pull the trigger on as well. The fact that VZW hasnt announced WHEN its coming is swaying me towards the 6+
    Well the good thing about the 6+ is that it's easy to sell and you won't really loose that much if you decide to sell it.
    ponpiri likes this.
    01-07-15 11:24 AM

I'd suggest going with the iphone. Camera functionality is not a BlackBerry strong suit. The camera does reasonably well for non moving targets but there's focus lag & exposure issues to consider. I'd venture to say no one has a BlackBerry because of outstanding camera capability.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:26 PM
    Iphone6 vs the classic is not a fair comparison in my opinion. If an iPhone6 user ditches for the classic, and I am afraid that person will be sorely disappointed. Unless, that person wasn't an app person at all.

For me, the Classic's four row keyboard is something I would love to have on the Passport, but I cannot forego the screen size.

I was never a fan of large screens but the size of the passport screen and the sheer amount of real estate available for viewing documents and email sold me.

I can only wish for Passport 2 will come with the classic BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    01-07-15 01:00 PM
    Anyone owns both? I am wondering if there are people on this forum that owns both devices AND thinks the Classic is actually better

Posted via CB10
    ill let you know on friday. Just ordered my classic.

The one thing i will tell you, as someone whose always had an iphone/BB personal/work combo, The BB can never replace the iphone for me. The ported apps always run slower and crappier than their apple/android counterparts. That said, a BB is almost always my work phone, but i only use the basics (Lots of calls, emails, texts, and calendar usage).
    robert_in_la likes this.
    01-07-15 01:49 PM
    I own both
    I use the classic (right now) for personal phone and IPhone 6 for business.
    Would like to switch them.

iPhone 6 font effects all apps including Facebook and Twitter.

BB won't let you change the font and for me the font is too small to read unless I put on reading glasses.
    Makes it tough for me. We use Facebook and Twitter for our business and need to communicate a lot with customers.

When the option comes I will switch them around.
    Till then, iPhone 6 is work and BB is personal.

I enjoy both phones because they both have good offerings for what they are.

To me, you can't beat the BB keyboard even with auto correct.

Apps? I'm not an app person, use very few. Camera on both is fine for what I need a camera for.
    If I want good quality photos I have a good camera for that.

Great thread!
    03-06-15 06:31 AM
    I own a Classic and 5S combo.

Blackberry is my main device due to battery life, size, keyboard and one handed use.

5s goes with me to the gym, and I sometimes play games on it. I have the classic with wireless charging which makes it a dream to have as a daily driver.

Blackberry cameras have always been terrible. In a pinch it works but if you are thinking you will use this camera to take lasting pictures of your kids growing up you will be sorely disappointed.

For me the camera was never a big deal. When I owned the 5S or Lumia devices solely I maybe took one picture per week or so.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:24 AM
    I have both, currently use both.

For the iP6, I use it for Google Hangouts, iMessage, Snapchat, Music, Podcasts, and as a camera.

Otherwise everything else I use the Classic. If I HAD to choose, I'd choose the Classic over the iP6. But having both is honestly ideal!
    03-06-15 09:08 AM
    I have a 6+ and the classic, use them both daily for different purposes.
    03-06-15 10:54 AM
    You're comparing two different things. Most BlackBerry users probably don't care about apps and iOS. Most iPhone users are probably not interested in email, privacy, and physical keyboards. Hell, a lot aren't old enough to have even remembered physical keyboards. I like BlackBerry because it's a phone that focuses mostly on what I want: email, file management, and small size. At the same time having owned a nokia lumia 925 and now a 635, I understand that in other departments like random apps the other companies are miles ahead.

Posted via CB10
    Actually emails is better on ios than in BB IMHO. and privacy is the same unless you are using your phone on a managed networks..there is absolutely no difference
    03-06-15 11:01 AM
    Actually emails is better on ios than in BB IMHO. and privacy is the same unless you are using your phone on a managed networks..there is absolutely no difference
    Huh?? Not even close. BB is miles ahead of iOS in terms of email and messaging, and privacy is the same???? Come on now....
    03-06-15 12:18 PM
    One handed use, apps, screen, pretty much everything but messaging the iphone is absolutely superior.

Classic is a good phone but a bit long in the tooth. Too little too late.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:52 PM
    Hard to compare an iOS and a Blackberry 10 device imho.

Every device is chosen as to fit the user's profile/desire/usage (this does of course not count for employees, whose company has chosen a certain OS/device).

Currently I jumped ship from Passport to Classic, while also having an iPhone 5.

My main phone is the Classic. I loved the power of the Passport and the smoothness of how native and Android app worked, but being a Crackberry for almost ten years now (starting with the 8700), I needed a keyboard I can use, without watching what I type. The Android apps I need also work on it (even Instagram, whicht did not run on my Passport). I do not miss any apps.

The iPhone 5 is mainly at home, or when I know I'll be away from home, so I have a better camera and some games I use to play.

Thus, I can say I am rather a mailing, messaging user and I am not a gamer. Security etc. is a plus, but afaik even the Berries are mostly secure/safe within an Enterprise environment, which I do not use.

In short: One can not compare both devices or systems, because the reason, why one decides for an iOS or Blackberry 10 depends on how one's "smartphone-character" is.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 01:24 PM
36 12