Just learning about my new Classic. So far, so Great! I'm getting ready to install a SanDisk Ultra Plus 64GB micro SDcard and I want it to work with my iMac. I have read about formatting this and formatting that and certain things have to be done for a microSD to work with both my Classic and my iMac. What is the current scoop?
    07-17-15 09:12 AM
    Your Classic can read SD formats:
    • FAT32 and exFAT, if loaded with an official OS 10.2.1.xxx or higher.
    • FAT32 if loaded OS 10.1.x.xxx or with some leaked BB10 OS, as some leaks have problems retrieving the exFAT drivers from BlackBerry.

As the Classic came out after OS 10.2.1.xxx was released, you should be good for both formats, unless a leak is loaded.
    If you want to be able to store very large files on the SD card, you will want it formatted to exFAT.
    07-17-15 09:27 AM
    DaFoxGrey, thanks for your info. Next question, what exactly do i do after I take the Micro SD card out of the plastic wrapper. I know how to insert it in my Classic but do I do anything with my iMac first? I'm guessing I want to format it to exFAT just to be safe(?).
    07-17-15 09:42 AM
    DaFoxGrey, thanks for your info. Next question, what exactly do i do after I take the Micro SD card out of the plastic wrapper. I know how to insert it in my Classic but do I do anything with my iMac first? I'm guessing I want to format it to exFAT just to be safe(?).
    Out of the box, it should be already formatted to exFAT.
    But to double check, put it in a card reader on your computer and see what format it is in via the cards Properties.
    If it is in exFAT and your Classic is running an official release OS, then it should be a go to pop it in the SD slot and let the Classic set it up.
    You do not need to power off the Classic, the SD and SIM cards are "hot swappable"
    Once in the Classic, check it via Settings/Storage and Access/Media Card Details. You can also format it from there in case the SD card had preloaded software on it.
    Gebo likes this.
    07-17-15 09:48 AM
    It was exFAT by checking on iMac. Inserted card into BB and let it run. I went to Storage and Access and formatted media card in BB. Do I do anything in Storage and Access regarding access to storage? Do I turn on "Access to USB" or "Access to Wi-Fi"?

My "new" Classic says I have used 5.8 GB of 16 GB on my BB. I'm just adding this for your info. I'm assuming that is fine.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    07-17-15 10:16 AM
    My Z30 is set as:
    USB Connection: Autodetect (I don't have any Apple computers, so I could switch to Windows Only, but I never know..... So Autodetect)
    Access using WiFi: Off (I have unlimited data, so extremely rare I use WiFi)
    USB Mass Storage: Off (I only turn this one when I do not wish to wait for the computer I'm going to data swap with to load drivers or install Link/Blend, when turned on the computer sees your Classic as a USB thumb drive for the SD card)

As for other settings, I suggest:
    Camera - Settings, Switch on Save on Media Card
    Browser - If you download a file via the Browser, while in the Save screen, tap the icon in the lower left, then navigate to a folder on the Media Card. The next time to save something, it will go to that same folder.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-17-15 01:28 PM