Dear Team,
    I want to hack into / crack my Blackberry Classic and install Android OS onto it. Any pointers please? Any help would be really grateful on how to get going. As far as I've read in many places, it isn't possible to do this replacing the BB 10 OS. Please help!

Thank you,
    Arun
    04-30-19 02:09 AM
    As far as I've read in many places, it isn't possible to do this
    Correct
    04-30-19 06:33 AM
    04-30-19 07:18 AM
    No. This is for Android devices.
    04-30-19 08:05 AM
    Dear Team,
    I want to hack into / crack my Blackberry Classic and install Android OS onto it. Any pointers please? Any help would be really grateful on how to get going. As far as I've read in many places, it isn't possible to do this replacing the BB 10 OS. Please help!

Thank you,
    Arun
    Seriously?!? If you search all of CB you’ll find this isn’t possible and has been answered more than four year old asking for candy for breakfast.

However, welcome to CB Forums and remember to post early and post often....
    04-30-19 08:10 AM
    sorry - am new to CB. Can I get Google Play Store installed and install apps from play store?
    04-30-19 08:12 AM
    sorry - am new to CB. Can I get Google Play Store installed and install apps from play store?
    Best way is to use Yalp, which is a 3rd party Play Store client.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/

Don't forget, the Android Runtime on BB10 is very old. You will probably find that only a small percentage of Android apps will actually load and/or function correctly.
    04-30-19 08:17 AM
    BB10's runtime is based on 2013's Android 4.3.... compatibility is very limited at this point.

Cobalt's Google Play Store is even outdated at this point, but still works. But Yalp/F-Droid is probably the better solution....
    04-30-19 08:20 AM
    Sorry to be so blunt, however, if you want PKB Android, that’s whole point of Key# devices. Plus, the whole point of BlackBerry is secure OS regardless of user preferences.
    04-30-19 08:26 AM
    Thank you so much for your responses. Been really helpful! Can I get Google Play Services installed via Yalp? If yes - which is the specific name of the app to be installed? Please let me know.. Thank you!
    05-02-19 04:39 PM
    sorry - also one other issue - when I try to sync my google account contacts - I get the error msg "At this time your contacts account can't be added. Please try again later.". Is there a workaround that I am missing? Please let me know. This is important as well. Thank you so much
    05-02-19 04:49 PM