My dad got his classic yesterday. After my playing with it for a day here is what I think :
    1. It's huge! Especially when compared to bold 9900.
    2. The trackpad is very tiny . More than the pictures.
    3. I am not happy with the trackpad hardware wise and software wise. They still haven't implemented it perfectly throughout the OS. Well BB10 wasn't built with a trackpad in mind. BBOS was built around the trackpad and keyboard so it's still better in many regards. Hardware wise the complaint is that the trackpad isn't flush with the toolbelt like it was on the bold9900 that makes it a little cumbersome and not so comfortable to use it. Also didn't find the trackpad very consistent. This I am assuming is a software quirk which will hopefully be improved.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 02:13 PM
    The trackpad on the 9900/9930 was supposed to be raised, just like it is on the Classic. Or did I misunderstand something?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 02:18 PM
    The trackpad on the 9900/9930 was supposed to be raised, just like it is on the Classic. Or did I misunderstand something?

Posted via CB10
    The 9900 trackpad is raised to the perfect level. Absolutely perfect. The classic is a little more raised. The edges bother. Especially since its such a small one.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 02:52 PM
    My dad got his classic yesterday. After my playing with it for a day here is what I think :
    3. I am not happy with the trackpad hardware wise and software wise. They still haven't implemented it perfectly throughout the OS. Well BB10 wasn't built with a trackpad in mind. BBOS was built around the trackpad and keyboard so it's still better in many regards. Hardware wise the complaint is that the trackpad isn't flush with the toolbelt like it was on the bold9900 that makes it a little cumbersome and not so comfortable to use it. Also didn't find the trackpad very consistent. This I am assuming is a software quirk which will hopefully be improved.

Posted via CB10
    1-, yes, it's larger.
    2-, it's the same size in the pictures as it is on the phone they sell you.
    3- Hardware wise? It's identical just a bit smaller. Software wise? What haven't they implemented perfectly? It moves your cursor around and then you click areas to select (if in an app that allows for this operation). I have the 9900 and the Classic. Neither phone's trackpad was flush....I'm held both moments before I wrote this. Classic's may stick out just a bit more....slightly.

Classic was stupid to come out in the first place trackpad is useless

Posted via CB10
    I assume that was 2 different sentences despite your lack of any punctuation.

Regarding sentence 1.... How was Classic "stupid to come out"? Kinda funny it's getting more attention than nearly any other BB10 phone, and many are reporting it sells 2-1 currently compared to Passport.

Regarding sentence 2... How is trackpad any more useless than it was on all other previous BlackBerry phones? It does the same thing now as it did then.....which is what people were screaming for, which is why Chen made it.
    madman0141 and eji930 like this.
    05-10-15 02:52 PM
    Just got a Classic from my company for a work phone.

Love it. I was using my personal Z30 for work. It just doesn't cut it for pounding out e-mail.

Sure I type pretty fast on the Z30 virtual keyboard. Problem is, 50% of the time, it,s backspace.

Came from curves and torch slider. It is great to be back on a physical keyboard.

Yes, the hardware is a tad slower than the Z30. I notice when I open applications. Contacts etc.
    Not a deal breaker. Wish I had of waited 3 months and bought a Classic as my person device. Stuck with a locked Z30 for 11 more months. Maybe my girlfriend will use it.

Chris - Posted with CB10 on my Workhorse Classic
    double_fault likes this.
    05-10-15 03:02 PM

Love it. I was using my personal Z30 for work. It just doesn't cut it for pounding out e-mail.

Sure I type pretty fast on the Z30 virtual keyboard. Problem is, 50% of the time, it,s backspace.

Came from curves and torch slider. It is great to be back on a physical keyboard.

Yes, the hardware is a tad slower than the Z30. I notice when I open applications. Contacts etc.
    Not a deal breaker. Wish I had of waited 3 months and bought a Classic as my person device. Stuck with a locked Z30 for 11 more months. Maybe my girlfriend will use it.

Glad you like it

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 03:13 PM

Good luuck. You will loove it until it starts the double-typing. INEXCUSABLE, BlackBerry has known about these crummy keyboards for over a year

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 03:16 PM
    The 9900 trackpad is raised to the perfect level. Absolutely perfect. The classic is a little more raised. The edges bother. Especially since its such a small one.

Posted via CB10
    I remember my first 9900 had a sunken tackpad which was below the toolbelt line. The replacement was more or less flush, yet the demo units I used all had a raised trackpad just like my Classic had. Maybe there are some production tolerances too with the new phone? My major gripe with the new trackpad is only the size, it is just roughly the same size as a key on the keyboard, which makes it sometimes cumbersome to use.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 03:30 PM
    I wish the trackpad was the same as the 9900 one. I also wish it lit up, it looks really cool at night.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:11 PM
    Please not one of those 'I miss my 9900' threads again.....

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:25 PM
    I wish the trackpad was the same as the 9900 one. I also wish it lit up, it looks really cool at night.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know why they didn't implement a backlight for the trackpad on the Classic like with any other devices. I know it's a cosmetical thing but it is a major flaw to me.

To the OP:
    I haven't used the Classic yet, I'm still thinking about switching from my Passport, but I think the Trackpad can evolve with BB10. The only concern here is whether BlackBerry wants to put any efforts in said evolvement.

BBOS, as it has been said, was built around the trackpad, that's one fact. Another fact is that prior to BB10 there were only trackpad phones around basically, so it was a more or less homogeneous platform.
    Now, however, we have a highly heterogeneous platform with full-touch gesture based, gesture based with physical keyboard, gesture based with physical capacitive keyboard, gesture based with added trackpad, and soon to come a slider phone. It looks like BlackBerry wants to satisfy everybody's needs but fails to concentrate on a certain path.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:42 PM
    I don't know why they didn't implement a backlight for the trackpad on the Classic like with any other devices. I know it's a cosmetical thing but it is a major flaw to me.
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Horrible review

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 08:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nice Passport

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 09:06 PM
    I have tried both and I agree that the 9900 track pad is much nicer. I think they went for the small pimple version because of the straight keyboard.

I agree though, BB10 benefits a larger screen. I hope for a Q10 with a 4:3 screen.

I wonder if they should remake the actual 9900 with the same screen, tool belt, and curved keypad but with upgraded internals to run BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 05-10-15 at 09:56 PM.
    05-10-15 09:38 PM
    The Classic is the best phone I ever had. Trackpad is useful especially when copying and pasting text, it's so much easier to use it than any other way. Hardware and software, no complaints from me. It is top notch.
    05-10-15 10:40 PM
    The Classic is the best phone I ever had. Trackpad is useful especially when copying and pasting text, it's so much easier to use it than any other way. Hardware and software, no complaints from me. It is top notch.
    I agree! My last BlackBerry was the curve 8310. Then I had a few Motorola droids. They were great phones but I missed the physical keyboard and the Blackberry security. The Q10 is too small for me. So I was stoked when the classic came to Verizon. I've had my classic for a month now and absolutely LOVE IT.

Posted using my physical keyboard on my BlackBerry Classic.
    05-10-15 11:00 PM
    The reality is "RIM" was like Nextel - they just appeared more successful - Everyone who was anyone had a two way chirp direct connect. - Blackberry was a "smartphone" business phone

There are more sheep than lions.

Once the Razrs, front cams, Pre, iFone, etc boom the sheep consumers took over. So really it was always there, RIM just didn't see what made them RIM - trying to embellish and mix THAT style phone into RIM format just fails - improve on home specs like a classic with High quality Soc and hardware all metal etc just a super nice - the keyboard, email, text etc sells itself -

Look at the CHEAP pricing! You couldn't get a blackberry curve for these prices etc, point is they can make a unified experience high quality decent price no need for "lower" "mid" high" tiers

Finally since some of you want all touchscreen which RIM was never meant to be (storm etc) it just isn't a blackberry without keyboard - so cut the redundant models each year release 1 Classic style device, 1 all touch screen device, 1 Torch/Pearl style still not sure which model sold better - but 3 design models each year the Q10 should have been the Classic and the Z10 shoulda been the Leap - metal, high quality Soc, great cams and wham you've got a winner

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    andy957 likes this.
    05-11-15 02:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    You may consider trying to use it for a couple of days instead of looking for differences. The 9900 was hardly the perfect device and in so many ways the Classic is infinitely better. The OS is superior, the keyboard is superior, the display is superior, the camera is superior, the call quality is superior, the connectivity is superior, the battery is superior, and so on.

The few compromises made, such as a smaller trackpad (does any other phone on the market even have one of those?), a non-removable battery, a larger and heavier device, all of these I can live with.

Now if only they could fix the double-ttyyppiinngg issue i'll see this as the perfect device for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:39 AM
    I just ordered my Classic and this marks my moment of forgiveness for the whole PlayBook thing.
    05-11-15 04:34 AM
    Please not one of those 'I miss my 9900' threads again.....

Posted via CB10
    I miss having to talk to an operator to get a call connected...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-11-15 10:18 AM
    I miss having to talk to an operator to get a call connected...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Haaaaaaaa, now that is Classic.
    05-11-15 01:03 PM
    Good luuck. You will loove it until it starts the double-typing. INEXCUSABLE, BlackBerry has known about these crummy keyboards for over a year

Posted via CB10
    Are u with Tmobile? Curious. Read a thread that seems to be with phones on Tmobile. I have occasional double typing and my friend with an iPhone, also on Tmobile, says she gets it too.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:01 AM
    Are u with Tmobile? Curious. Read a thread that seems to be with phones on Tmobile. I have occasional double typing and my friend with an iPhone, also on Tmobile, says she gets it too.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying she gets double typing on her iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:27 AM
    I agree..

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 09:00 AM
28 12