I admire that you are going for the "pure" BlackBerry experience. The shortcomings you mentioned are unfortunate and I don't know whether they'll be implemented soon. One can only hope that the stability, Hub, multitasking and other unique features of BB10 are enough to convince you to stay.
    01-17-15 10:06 PM
    Happy for the OP. There are lots of pros when it comes to using BlackBerry. I love the hub and how convenient it is.

Looking forward to get a blackberry classic for myself once it's available here in the Philippines.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 10:34 PM
    Thank you I'm trying to realize what's really important in my day to day not social media apps

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I
    Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:41 PM.
    Chris Chin likes this.
    01-17-15 10:53 PM
    If it doesn't work for you just return it. Not everyone needs a pure communication device. Do give it more than just 24 hours though.
    eji930 likes this.
    01-17-15 11:06 PM
    If it doesn't work for you just return it. Not everyone needs a pure communication device. Do give it more than just 24 hours though.
    having fun on #BBM #BBMMe PIN: 2BFBBCE3 help me decide if I should gg back to the simple life or keep the android ecosystem. This sense of nostalgia feels great though decisions, I really would like to condense, don't want three devices lol. A tablet and phone but the Note 4 is making this hard for me But the typing experience on the Classic is heaven! Perhaps if I get rid of my social media apps, buy a stand alone camera I'll be set lol, just sell my note 4

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am " J
    Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:41 PM.
    01-17-15 11:28 PM
    Thumbs up and heart just for that pic.

Posted via CB10
    eji930 and BerryRipe like this.
    01-17-15 11:50 PM
    Happy for the OP. There are lots of pros when it comes to using BlackBerry. I love the hub and how convenient it is.

Looking forward to get a blackberry classic for myself once it's available here in the Philippines.

Posted via CB10
    Im from the philippines and its available already in greenhills and online stores.

Posted via CB10
    eji930 likes this.
    01-17-15 11:54 PM
    I love the keyboard nostalgia. Feels amazing. BBM is nice. I'm only on 4G not a constant LTE like my Note 4. Speeds are significantly lower. Upload isn't even surpassed 5mb -_- my upload speeds on my note 4 are my max download speeds on the classic.

I don't play games so apps aren't big for me. I'm trying to find suitable replacement for the apps I do use. A personal finance app I've used for years now Financisto works perfect for me. The android "player" is a joke so no go. The decent looking apps in Blackberry World all cost which is fine, but what if I don't like it's performance.

I'm not a child so emoji emoticons aren't THAT important but I like how Samsung has them available natively system wide anywhere you can enter text. Not like the classic where I'm limited to BBM or SMS. What about my twitter and Facebook and hell even my email. I shouldn't have to download third party.

I use this certain to do list as well which I love. I wish the was a convertor app to take your Android ecosystem to blackberry because the android apk just isn't working the way out should

The price of this device isn't worth the performance

I love the look and feel of both this device and my note 4. I'm enjoying tactile feedback!!!! But I'm so torn I'm not sure if that's enough to justify all the other short comings.

I got a voicemail and it said it couldn't download it because the network strength wasn't sufficient o_0

So I'll keep trying to see if this will work long-term. Oh call blocking my note 4 does perfect blocking private calls, spam texts, etc. An oversight on RIMS part. (Yes that was shade)

I will play around in Blackberry World. I bought a Blackberry not a Android. I don't want Amazon App store. So I'm going to see what options and performance can be had on natively built apps to see if performance is suitable

Did I mention I love the keyboard

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am " Je Be Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    Wowza!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 04:41 AM
    lol OP, you're cute.

Thanks for being an early adapter. I'm still getting the Classic, but I'm going to wait around until the new colors are released. I'm sure they will have most of those issues fixed by March.
    eji930 likes this.
    01-18-15 06:43 AM
    I don't know what is posted other than some good looking woman... I get distracted easy...

Posted via CB10
    eji930 likes this.
    01-18-15 08:42 AM
    I don't know what is posted other than some good looking woman... I get distracted easy...

Posted via CB10
    Thank you 😂 you so silly I just wanted to make sure I could upload and that was the only picture I had on my device as I just changed my avatar display

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I
    Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:42 PM.
    01-18-15 10:36 AM
    Interesting pictures you posted....
    01-18-15 11:04 AM
    The thing about all of the BlackBerry 10 devices is that they are all still relevant. The main deciding factor is form.
    Thanks for this. And it's the reason I'm going back to my Z10 and returning the Classic. As much as I love a physical keyboard, I can't get used to a smaller screen.
    01-18-15 11:45 AM
    I admire that you are going for the "pure" BlackBerry experience. The shortcomings you mentioned are unfortunate and I don't know whether they'll be implemented soon. One can only hope that the stability, Hub, multitasking and other unique features of BB10 are enough to convince you to stay.
    Oh I am pure

Z 30
    01-18-15 12:04 PM
    Whew! OMG talk about a headache I love all people but when calling customer service when there is a language/cultural barrier it makes it difficult to effectively communicate:

So I have the Nvida Shield Tablet, a Note 4, and now the Blackberry Classic.

Yes I know @ $449 the price isn�t equating the internals of the Classic but in this short period of time I love typing on it and BBM so I will keep it for such. However I do not want to part from S-Pen and some of it�s applications and the camera abilities on the Note 4.

I have an expired T-Mobile plan $70 unlimited Nationwide 4G LTE with 3gb hotspot. They have a mobile internet plan where it matches your phone data up to 5gb for only $10.

I thought perfect I�ll use my note 4 as a tablet ! Well they go through adding a line activating etc. Only to find the network identifies imei as voice/phone and it won�t work on that rate plan! It is ALWAYS something messing up my plan lol.

So after reviewing my current rates, I am going to cancel the $8 insurance and take advantage of the 2 for $100 offer which gives unlimited 4G LTE for both lines and up to 5gb of tethering @ 4G LTE for both lines. Suck I can�t get away with the $10 match your phone data up to 5gb but I digress.

I told tech support what if I root it and change my imei number lol. He said every time you access the network it sends the imei # and after 3 days it would revert back or something.

I am returning the Shield tablet, because yes in comparison to the Nexus 9 it does have the better aspect ratio and sd card support, FAST updates already on Lollipop, stereo speakers etc�.BUT for the apps I used it for mainly leisure and social media. IT sure does not function like a k1 32 bit processor I never can multi task I have to close all apps, Bluetooth stutters etc.

SO I am actually happy I have my Note 4 S-Pen for my social media and just fun stuff and my Classic for my texting bbm and emailing which is all I want on a device!...This is just what I need. And I use allcast to send videos to my tv from my Note 4 so everything the Shield tablet does, my Note 4 will do better and I like the S-Pen better than the Shields pen. Best of both worlds lol took me two days but I am happy with my decision.

*****Apply for a sim resuse up to 24 hours and you have to call us back**** mind you during this fiasco they gave me TWO different cell phone numbers when I tried to do this. So I decide to do the 2 for $100 and got an American well they tried to tell me for $15 sim in the mail talking about they can�t use the current SIM anymore and if they submit a request it can take up to 24hours ! LONG story short I ended up going to Wal-Mart and buying a new sim card.

Customer service would verify the sim is available and ready for activation yet activation would get all the way to the end and say no dice sim been used ! ANNOYING!

Soo the $ I spent for my Shield tablet and Case pays for the Classic and I now have my Note 4 as my �tablet� unlimited 4G instead of 5GB for $10 plus I get 5GB tethering for each line and free voice minutes and text for the second line so an extra $20 isn�t bad when I was going to be doing $10, I don�t have to choose between my Note 4 and Classic anymore because they both have access to LTE and I am FINALLY happy LMAO now I can play on my phone without feeling conflicted.
    01-18-15 11:00 PM
    The way you took advantage of their 2 for $100 unlimited is really a good idea. Having a tablet with a matching data of 5 GB is actually just $10 cheaper, and it will last only 'till the end of this year. Good job.
    eji930 likes this.
    01-19-15 01:31 AM
    I think the op was talking about inserting emojis in fb messages and tweets and emails haha. I personally can't stand emojis as I feel my vocabulary is enough to express how I feel, however, I do understand the op's frustration though.

Posted via CB10
    Damn... I just read through it really fast then... my bad

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:44 PM
    I feel your pain, buddy. I made a post a while back about trying to transition from a Palm Treo- similar reaction. After about 4 weeks now I am slowly making my peace with the thing, but also collecting a long list of gripes about UI/UX issues that I will post some day
    04-16-15 01:57 PM
    I'm on Verizon with a Bold 9930 and I will probably upgrade to the Classic in July. That said my Bold has never failed me. Last month it fell out of my pocket and skidded into a rain puddle. I looked down in panic and saw my phones home screen glaring at me through the water. Believe it or not it survived partly because I had a case on it but mainly because it's as tough as a tank. There not perfect because there made by people who are not perfect. I love my Bold for what it is. As I�ve said before. All Smartphone�s have there strengths and weaknesses. Smart people use the there Smartphone�s for its strengths not it�s weakness. If they didn�t they wouldn�t be smart and neither would there phones. Thanks, Titan 500J
    donemt likes this.
    04-19-15 03:12 AM
    Classic is my 6th BlackBerry and the best one so far...

 Such a Classic!
    04-19-15 08:29 AM
    I really like my Classic so far. I've had very few issues. As someone else said, every phone has its pros and cons, you just have to decide which ones you want to live with. Neither iPhone, nor any Android device is perfect either. You just have to decide what is most important to you.
    04-19-15 08:32 AM
    Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 05:53 AM
    I really like my Classic so far. I've had very few issues. As someone else said, every phone has its pros and cons, you just have to decide which ones you want to live with. Neither iPhone, nor any Android device is perfect either. You just have to decide what is most important to you.
    Words of wisdom! Enjoy the ride.

 Instant Classic!
    06-04-15 07:06 AM
48 12