I love the keyboard nostalgia. Feels amazing. BBM is nice. I'm only on 4G not a constant LTE like my Note 4. Speeds are significantly lower. Upload isn't even surpassed 5mb -_- my upload speeds on my note 4 are my max download speeds on the classic.

I don't play games so apps aren't big for me. I'm trying to find suitable replacement for the apps I do use. A personal finance app I've used for years now Financisto works perfect for me. The android "player" is a joke so no go. The decent looking apps in Blackberry World all cost which is fine, but what if I don't like it's performance.

I'm not a child so emoji emoticons aren't THAT important but I like how Samsung has them available natively system wide anywhere you can enter text. Not like the classic where I'm limited to BBM or SMS. What about my twitter and Facebook and hell even my email. I shouldn't have to download third party.

I use this certain to do list as well which I love. I wish the was a convertor app to take your Android ecosystem to blackberry because the android apk just isn't working the way out should

The price of this device isn't worth the performance

I love the look and feel of both this device and my note 4. I'm enjoying tactile feedback!!!! But I'm so torn I'm not sure if that's enough to justify all the other short comings.

I got a voicemail and it said it couldn't download it because the network strength wasn't sufficient o_0

So I'll keep trying to see if this will work long-term. Oh call blocking my note 4 does perfect blocking private calls, spam texts, etc. An oversight on RIMS part. (Yes that was shade)

I will play around in Blackberry World. I bought a Blackberry not a Android. I don't want Amazon App store. So I'm going to see what options and performance can be had on natively built apps to see if performance is suitable

Did I mention I love the keyboard

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE.
    Attached Thumbnails Impressions after 24 hours with Classic...-uploadfromtaptalk1421521956368.jpg  
    Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:38 PM.
    Tabdus, m3mb3rsh1p, byex and 2 others like this.
    01-17-15 01:12 PM
    I think you posted the wrong image, pal.
    01-17-15 02:29 PM
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    01-17-15 02:44 PM
    Lol , no that's me I just needed to test the app on my Classic, thank you for your feedback on what I typed though. ^_^ \s

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am
    Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:38 PM.
    01-17-15 03:19 PM
    Oh dear.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 03:21 PM
    Hope you enjoy your classic!

Posted via CB10
    Thalestr likes this.
    01-17-15 03:23 PM
    I love the keyboard nostalgia. Feels amazing. BBM is nice. I'm only on 4G not a constant LTE like my Note 4. Speeds are significantly lower. Upload isn't even surpassed 5mb -_- my upload speeds on my note 4 are my max download speeds on the classic.

I don't play games so apps aren't big for me. I'm trying to find suitable replacement for the apps I do use. A personal finance app I've used for years now Financisto works perfect for me. The android "player" is a joke so no go. The decent looking apps in Blackberry World all cost which is fine, but what if I don't like it's performance.

I'm not a child so emoji emoticons aren't THAT important but I like how Samsung has them available natively system wide anywhere you can enter text. Not like the classic where I'm limited to BBM or SMS. What about my twitter and Facebook and hell even my email. I shouldn't have to download third party.

I use this certain to do list as well which I love. I wish the was a convertor app to take your Android ecosystem to blackberry because the android apk just isn't working the way out should

The price of this device isn't worth the performance

I love the look and feel of both this device and my note 4. I'm enjoying tactile feedback!!!! But I'm so torn I'm not sure if that's enough to justify all the other short comings.

I got a voicemail and it said it couldn't download it because the network strength wasn't sufficient o_0

So I'll keep trying to see if this will work long-term. Oh call blocking my note 4 does perfect blocking private calls, spam texts, etc. An oversight on RIMS part. (Yes that was shade)

I will play around in Blackberry World. I bought a Blackberry not a Android. I don't want Amazon App store. So I'm going to see what options and performance can be had on natively built apps to see if performance is suitable

Did I mention I love the keyboard

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am " Je Be Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    You can get your emails by configuring them in settings>email account... there are native Facebook and Twitter apps... open and configure them

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 03:42 PM
    You can get your emails by configuring them in settings>email account... there are native Facebook and Twitter apps... open and configure them

Posted via CB10
    Huh ?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am " Je Be Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-17-15 04:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think the op was talking about inserting emojis in fb messages and tweets and emails haha. I personally can't stand emojis as I feel my vocabulary is enough to express how I feel, however, I do understand the op's frustration though.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:16 PM
    I think the op was talking about inserting emojis in fb messages and tweets and emails haha. I personally can't stand emojis as I feel my vocabulary is enough to express how I feel, however, I do understand the op's frustration though.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing to do with! My intensive vocabulary, but much more a visual aid not satisfied with words ^_^ = Emoticons emojo from an articulate b#%-&7h

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am "
    Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:39 PM.
    01-17-15 05:18 PM
    Nothing to do with! My intensive vocabulary...

Posted via CB10
    eji930 likes this.
    01-17-15 05:28 PM
    I'm with you on all fronts. BlackBerry has always had some shortcomings but usually the pros have always outweighed the cons. The fact that it is overpriced for performance is fair. However, it should be factored in that you are an early adopter. It is always that way with technology. If you want to be one of the first with whatever it may be, it's going to cost you twice what it will in 6 months from now. I think that the saving grace in this aspect is the life expectancy of a BlackBerry. If you can find a way to look past whatever it is you feel you are missing, you can almost be guaranteed that in two to three years, your phone will function just as well as it does today. Some other phones (my girlfriend's old Galaxy Ace, I'm looking at you) seem to function great when you first get them but over time they seem to self destruct. You just bought yourself a device that will last for you and will do everything that you need it to and well.
    The Hub is the best thing that BlackBerry has ever added into their devices and mix that with the beautiful physical keyboard, you've got yourself an amazing little communication tool!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-17-15 05:31 PM
    I'm with you on all fronts. BlackBerry has always had some shortcomings but usually the pros have always outweighed the cons. The fact that it is overpriced for performance is fair. However, it should be factored in that you are an early adopter. It is always that way with technology. If you want to be one of the first with whatever it may be, it's going to cost you twice what it will in 6 months from now. I think that the saving grace in this aspect is the life expectancy of a BlackBerry. If you can find a way to look past whatever it is you feel you are missing, you can almost be guaranteed that in two to three years, your phone will function just as well as it does today. Some other phones (my girlfriend's old Galaxy Ace, I'm looking at you) seem to function great when you first get them but over time they seem to self destruct. You just bought yourself a device that will last for you and will do everything that you need it to and well.
    The Hub is the best thing that BlackBerry has ever added into their devices and mix that with the beautiful physical keyboard, you've got yourself an amazing little communication tool!

I opted for this instead of the passport because I thought the placement of the space bar was odd, but I love this keyboard it's the only reason I keep picking the device up lol !!!! Should I sell my note 4 !! Omg do I still want this shield tablet

Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:39 PM.
    01-17-15 05:35 PM
    I opted for this instead of the passport because I thought the placement of the space bar was odd, but I love this keyboard it's the only reason I keep picking the device up lol !!!! Should I sell my note 4 !! Omg do I still want this shield tablet

The Passport took a long while for me to get used to... I'm not going to lie, I was scared that I was never going to be able to type fast on it. But, believe it or not, the spacebar never felt odd. It was the size of the keys that took the most getting used to. And then figuring out where all of the symbols are mapped to but that's more to feel like a pro than just for efficiencies.

01-17-15 05:42 PM
    The Passport took a long while for me to get used to... I'm not going to lie, I was scared that I was never going to be able to type fast on it. But, believe it or not, the spacebar never felt odd. It was the size of the keys that took the most getting used to. And then figuring out where all of the symbols are mapped to but that's more to feel like a pro than just for efficiencies.

Up up and away lol

Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:40 PM.
    01-17-15 05:48 PM
    Gotta give it more than 24 hours. Check back in with us in 30 days.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    southlander and acovey like this.
    01-17-15 05:55 PM
    Gotta give it more than 24 hours. Check back in with us in 30 days.

If I need to return it I don't have 30 days

01-17-15 05:56 PM
    Keep in mind also that the Note 4 cost the double of the Classic. So of course, performance wise (wifi and signal strength and speed) will probably be faster.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:58 PM
    Keep in mind also that the Note 4 cost the double of the Classic. So of course, performance wise (wifi and signal strength and speed) will probably be faster.

Posted via CB10
    I paid $749 not $900 for my note 4

01-17-15 06:14 PM
    I paid $749 not $900 for my note 4

And a Passport only cost you $499...

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-17-15 07:14 PM
    And a Passport only cost you $499...

$599 regular on amazon and I don't like the keyboard

01-17-15 07:17 PM
    $599 regular on amazon and I don't like the keyboard

The keyboard isn't that bad... and I thought they have $100 bucks off somewhere

01-17-15 07:19 PM
    The keyboard isn't that bad... and I thought they have $100 bucks off somewhere

Right..... But "I" choose the Classic because I like it's format better for typing

Last edited by eji930; 04-27-15 at 12:41 PM.
    01-17-15 07:20 PM
    It's not appropriate that people need to validate their own decisions by trying to convince other people that they should have chose the same thing. Aren't we all still with BlackBerry because we are not those very types of people?
    The thing about all of the BlackBerry 10 devices is that they are all still relevant. The main deciding factor is form. They will all have the latest OS update and basically be capable of the exact same things. Its a matter of which form and features best suit your needs. Personally, I think the Classic looks awesome. And sometimes, I wish the keyboard on the Passport functioned a bit more like the 'classic' trackpad.

01-17-15 07:34 PM
    If I need to return it I don't have 30 days

I sure hope you've got more than 24 hours!

01-17-15 08:45 PM
48 12