03-28-15 04:07 PM
100 ... 234
tools
    Ok so I'm selling the classic tomorrow and getting the passport to give it a one last chance.
    And for the people that asked me for picture...I don't have another phone to take the pictures and anyways I don't have to prove anything. You can look in the forums, i'm not the only one talking about the cheap quality of the keyboard.
    Oh, and one last thing, it's really annoying with the BlackBerry sheeps in Crackberry. Always in denial. I'm a big BlackBerry fan but i'm not blind of the fact that the quality of their phones can be lacking. Anyways CB has changed and will never be the same.
    Thanks for your "help". Have a great day.

Posted via CB10
    The picture isn't to "prove" what you are saying, its so people can see and possible help with your situation. Maybe somewhere here had the exact same problem and could help point you in the right direction.
    03-01-15 08:52 AM
    You might want to check your wifi or cell connection. My bbm and email work pretty fast and same for whatsapp. There is lag when you open apps but then that's the unfortunate of having a 2 year old cpu. I switched over from my galaxy S3 so I don't notice a difference in speed since the s3 I think has the same cpu. But reg apps don't load that slow unless you are loading games.

Can't comment on battery life since I am wifi 90% of the time and I don't load facebook. Linkedin works fine though. I get around 1+ days of usage with mix of reg or battery save mode

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:23 AM
    I'm getting better stills from my Q10 on 10.2.1 than my old Passport or Att Classic (both of which are gone now, as I prefer the Q10).

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:17 AM
    Now im also having doubts about purchasing a classic.

I was going too this weekend but lately i have been reading more and more complaints about it on this forum.
    What phone do you currently own?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:13 AM
    Now im also having doubts about purchasing a classic.

I was going too this weekend but lately i have been reading more and more complaints about it on this forum.
    Look its a good phone, robust and quite the work horse - so no need to worry. Its just not as "fancy" as an iPhone in terms of features, specs etc.
    03-01-15 11:55 AM
    Just checked the modes of the Verizon Classic. Though it appears to have Band 4 LTE (1700 MHz) such that it could run on an AT&T network (with AT&T SIM card), just as my 100-3 Verizon Z30 currently does for me, the Verizon Classic does not have the Verizon-supported Qi charging capability. This is one reason why I will stick with my beloved Z30 for now and pass on the Classic. Let's hope BlackBerry does better with Classic 2.
    03-01-15 03:16 PM
    Why you still buy blackberry if you are not satisfied? Take something other...hmm?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 03:41 PM
    Can anyone confirm if there will be any wireless charging for the vzw classic?
    03-01-15 04:50 PM
    I have a Classic with Outlook, gmail and a couple of other accounts and I am notified instantly of messages (AT&T). Gmail on my iPhone sucks, no PUSH through the Apple mail app...it polls every 15 minutes. Classic wins hands down on email receipt and notification.
    Not true at all. I have Bold 9900 and iPhone 6 and they (together with my iPad) receive Gmail exactly at the same time. You set it up wrong.
    03-01-15 06:10 PM
    I checked Phone Scoop. No sign of the Qi charging which is present in the Verizon 100-3 Z30. If Qi charging were available, both BlackBerry and Verizon would be tooting the Qi horn on their respective websites.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:38 PM
    I checked Phone Scoop. No sign of the Qi charging which is present in the Verizon 100-3 Z30. If Qi charging were available, both BlackBerry and Verizon would be tooting the Qi horn on their respective websites.

Posted via CB10
    Umm, okay.

Up to 22 hours mixed battery life1
    2515 mAh (minimum) non-removable Lithium Ion battery
    Wireless charging (BlackBerry Classic at both AT&T and Verizon)

BlackBerry Classic Specs ? Specifications for BlackBerry Classic Smartphone - US
    03-01-15 07:10 PM
    I'm not having any of those issues you are having, battery is good for me any where from 18-20 hours, keys are solid, emails come in right away, in fact much faster than from my HTC one M8. Don't have Facebook and that's OK by me, nobody needs to know what I am doing anyway. I use twitter but mainly for news feeds and discount codes. The android apps that I got from amazon app store run fine don't really notice any lag.

This phone is a communication powerhouse and that's why I got it.
    Gotta 2nd this guy. Had my Classic since it launched on Amazon and no issues. Use it everyday, all day, in so many ways. Run plenty of Android apps, some lag a little at start, most run perfectly. I am on T-Mobile and the phone worked on TMO right from the box. Everything works but WiFi calling on TMO, which I never needed much anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:36 AM
    i currently have a note 3. Good phone don't like it much though. If i did get the Classic i would be switching between the phones whenever i chose too
    03-02-15 04:21 PM
    This is because you have a free Yahoo! account. They do this to stifle spamming. Same deal with AOL accounts. So, link your Yahoo! account through a better client such as Outlook.com (aka hotmail) or Gmail.
    03-02-15 04:57 PM
    Do us all a favor, can you take a snap shot of the clerk's face as you give up the iPhone 6 for a superior Classic.
    I can picture Priceless.

Posted by Q5
    DO IT, even better, have it on video :P
    03-02-15 05:47 PM
    Research before you buy and complain research and buy lol

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-02-15 06:59 PM
    Can anyone confirm if there will be any wireless charging for the vzw classic?
    Yes, vzw classic has wireless charging.
    03-09-15 05:38 AM
    Yes, vzw classic has wireless charging.
    Qi charging like my VZW Z30? Is it standard or do I need to buy a Qi-compatible back cover?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 12:44 AM
    Frankly, the Classic is all for replacing the 9900 users. For some Q10 users, it may make sense to upgrade if they want the trackpad...if you want spec's, go with the passport. That's the real beast (frankly the only BlackBerry 10 device with the spec's that match over flagships).
    03-10-15 12:49 AM
    Whatever. Classic is DOPE! Works great. So does the Passport! Best phones ever. It cuts 'it', and everything else.

Posted via CB10
    chflower likes this.
    03-10-15 12:57 AM
    Qi charging like my VZW Z30? Is it standard or do I need to buy a Qi-compatible back cover?

Posted via CB10
    Comes out of the box with it. You can't take the back off. (well, not intended to be taken off anyway)
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-10-15 02:06 AM
    maybe its the way treat your phones?
    03-10-15 07:57 AM
    Don't listen to the nay sayers and 'haters', the Classic more than 'cuts it' - it RULES!

The people who use a Classic to its full potential do not need 'flashy specs', their lives are what matters most to them, not their friggin' device specs.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:48 PM
    On my Z30 Yahoo worked well have had problems setting it up on my Classic but still this phone is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:45 PM
    ...The camera of my 3 year old iPhone 4S is a million times better, delivering crisp shots of text even when digitally zooming all the way in.
    Most definitely one million times worse, is pretty bad. What equipment and process did you use to make that measurement?

Yeah the camera is terrible.......
    Attachment 337840

Attachment 337841
    Very nice, and the second pic is really beautiful in terms of scenery. Sorry, but I already downloaded a copy to add to my Windows wallpapers!

Don't listen to the nay sayers and 'haters', the Classic more than 'cuts it' - it RULES!

The people who use a Classic to its full potential do not need 'flashy specs', their lives are what matters most to them, not their friggin' device specs.
    +1 and well said.
    03-28-15 04:07 PM
100 ... 234